Power Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Power Design

2.7

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was a very good and interesting one. The Human Resources staff was very professional and friendly. It was a great experience. The company was very hospitable when going to the last interview in their facilities.

Interview Questions

• What are you're personal expectations for this position?   Answer Question
    • Did you have to fire some employee? Why? How was the experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Everything went really well. The recruiter I talked to was really nice and answered almost all of my questions before I could even ask them. She gave me the opportunity to talk about myself and show some personality. Then I was invited in to interview in person and that went really well, everyone was really nice. It was a Friday when I interviewed and of course I was wearing a suit while everyone else was in their casual Friday attire. Overall it was a great interview experience. I got a tour of the place after I interviewed which was nice, the facility here was new and well kept.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What in your past has prepared you for this job?
      How can you add value to the team?   Answer Question

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Design (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a staffing specialist within the company where I heard about the company, the job, the team, and some of the values the company had. The recruiter was very transparent about everything, and very informative. The next step was an on-site software assessment where I worked with CAD to develop some red-lined designs. It wasnt terribly difficult for anyone familiar with CAD and the industry itself. I also was brought on a tour of the facility itself where it is very apparent that the company invests immensely in training and the well-being of their employees. After passing that, I was invited to an on-site interview a day later conducted by my potential manager and another manager. The questions were typical of an interview, where we went over my resume and how it would fit within the job. It wasn't too serious and definitely didn't feel like the average interview. The managers didn't ask a ton of questions but instead had a discussion. Very refreshing interview. A day later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What's not on your resume that you'd like to tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel you would fit within the team here?   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The interview process was relaxed, efficient, and professional.

Upon arrival the atmosphere was relaxed and professional. I toured the facility, met with the direct managers of the position applying for and then had a good Chat with The a Source getting all of my questions answered. So far, VERY impressed!

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. I initially had a phone screen, then an onsite with the Talent Acquisition Manager, and finally with the VP. It was mainly going through my work experience and a few behavioral questions here and there. Very friendly and very respectful of working with my work schedule as I was currently employed during my interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have dealt with a very difficult manager and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Electrical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was reluctant to even go on an interview with this company after reading all the deeply disturbing and negative reviews. Unfortunately, I read all the reviews after I had already applied for a position and was already in the process so I felt obliged to continue and see for myself if all the very negative descriptions of the “corporate culture” here were true. It didn’t take long for the worst of descriptions to start manifesting themselves during the interview process. Conclusion, all those witheringly negative reviews are sadly spot on. If you want to go back to high school were bullies prevail, this place is for you.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It took two weeks and the recruiter was nice. She called to discuss the company over the phone. She asked numerous questions to get a feel for how I am. Following the phone interview, she asked that I come in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years and how do we fit into that goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Absolutely horrendous. Had to fight with PDI and the hotel I was booked at by them after I was charged the overnight stay of $168. I eventually got reimbursed but it took a couple of weeks, and if I hadn't noticed it myself they would not have bothered to help me. Was booked on a cross-country flight instead of a direct flight leaving at the same time. Details:

I was contacted by PDI on LinkedIn and was asked if I was interested in an interview. I agree'd and was booked on a flight and into a hotel room for an overnight stay in Tampa Bay.

Seemed impressive at first, however the return flight I was placed on (going from Tampa to New Orleans) went from Tampa to Baltimore then to New Orleans - a total of a 6 hour process. There was a flight going direct from Tampa to New Orleans that was leaving only 15 minutes before the initial one I was booked on. I have no idea why I wasn't placed on the direct flight, but I did not want to deal with going across the country and had to pay $150 out of pocket to switch flights.

On the day of the interview, I was asked if it could be moved up an hour - from 2 pm to 1 pm - which I agreed to. The interview itself still did not occur until 1:30 PM. After the brief interview, I was told that I would hear back with a decision by the end of the week (interview was on a Tuesday).

After multiple follow-up emails I finally got an automated response from the company saying I was not selected to move forward. I respect their decision, however why tell me I'll hear something by the end of the week then disappear and not confirm my follow-ups for nearly an entire month?

PDI put me in a Westin Inn in Tampa Bay at $168/night. When I checked in they swiped my card for deposit-sake. I find out two days later that I was charged for the full stay. Had to contact PDI, fill out paperwork, and wait about two weeks to be reimbursed.

The company might be impressive visually but it was probably the worst experience I've ever had in an interview process.

Be careful of this company and CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT AND FLIGHT BOOKINGS THEY PUT YOU ON

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PDI?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2018.

Interview

It was great. Super relaxed. Felt as if I was the interviewer. I suggest researching the company and preparing tons of questions. I had to be flown in for the interview and the travel arrangements was accurate and smoothly ran with no issues.

Interview Questions

• What position did you apply for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewers made it clear at the beginning they would like to hear what I had to offer. Had the opportunity to fully share my experiences and what my future career path would be. Interview felt more like an intellectual and technical conversation between respected colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in Power Design?   1 Answer