Power Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Everything went really well. The recruiter I talked to was really nice and answered almost all of my questions before I could even ask them. She gave me the opportunity to talk about myself and show some personality. Then I was invited in to interview in person and that went really well, everyone was really nice. It was a Friday when I interviewed and of course I was wearing a suit while everyone else was in their casual Friday attire. Overall it was a great interview experience. I got a tour of the place after I interviewed which was nice, the facility here was new and well kept.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What in your past has prepared you for this job?
      How can you add value to the team?   Answer Question

Lighting Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Design.

Interview

Looks are everything.... I felt like I did great in the interview with the person I would be working for. But then the upper management came in, asked me one question about how I exercise and that was it, he left. He was there for about 5 min. The next week I got a call that I didn't get the job. Pretty sure it's because I don't go to the gym...

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Design (New York, NY).

Interview

This was honestly one of the most bizarre interview processes I have ever been through. The recruiter hounded me online and over the phone for me to come in. I was hesitant because of many reviews I have read online about the company. When I finally come in, I interview with one of the managers and he tells me a lot about the company and leaves the rest of the interview for me to ask questions. I asked questions on the projects etc. But it was just strange because he made it seem like anyone could do the job just as long as if you had enough drive. I actually had experience and was adequate for the position but he hadn't even looked at my resume. Their business model for hiring people is bizarre in that aspect and if you read some of the reviews for this company seem very fake.

Helpdesk Manager/IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was non-technical with the recruiting officer. The second interview was with the IT Manager. The process was a bit bizarre as they had someone with zero technical knowledge sitting in the corner watching me discuss topics with the IT manager taking notes on my body language and my reactions. I was offered this position through a recruiter and was told to wear a suit. I thought that was a bit odd for a position only offering 55k. I still wore a nice shirt, tie, and professional business attire. However, when the recruiting manager contacted me to tell me I did not get the Job, she stated it was because i did not wear a suit. So clearly, if you look sharp, and can put on a facade to pretend your smart when your dumb as a box of rocks, you will probably be hired. The interview itself was not difficult from an IT perspective. They basically just ask you to tell them about yourself, and what projects have you worked on? Very low amount of technical questions, which should be key questions as I have hired technical stuff in other positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other questions?
      In what roles do you see yourself here?   1 Answer

Employee Onboarding Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

After four interviews, one being over the phone for 30 minutes, the other three in person, the first interview being a pleasant conversation about my skills and background and the other two about my current job and their personal company experience. I left the office exhausted from being asked the same questions. I am not sure if I will ever put myself into such exhausting interview procedures.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Lighting Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Design (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone interview and then a virtual interview. I am of the belief that this company is discriminatory in their hiring practice. It helps to be a millennial and look like you stepped out of a photo shoot. Skills and experience are secondary. This of course is my opinion based on my own experience.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for other opportunities?   1 Answer

Health & Wellness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Power Design (Clearwater, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview with opportunities to really show your personal style and experience. Took about 1 hour with an company HR Recruiter on the other side of the line.

At the end I was tasked with designing a business plan for a potential project with very little guidelines and a 48 hour turnaround time. Got it done and then was offered a face to face interview with key managers.

Impressive facilities, very modern look accompanied with a classic "work hard, play hard" company policy to which everyone seemed to buy into. I got the notion that work/life balance was not something on their radar and that everything was rewarded with cash, gifts and experiences rather than actually promoting balance. This may not matter to engineer types that make up a large part of their workforce, but to people with families and better balance in their lives this may be an issue. Again, this is all from spending just about 2 hours at headquarters, given a tour and an panel interview, so take it for what it is worth. Again and again during the process, the "GO BIG or GO HOME" type of mantra was repeated, not to say this is a negative but should be considered a factor when making a career decision.

Fire Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Power Design (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Over the PHone, I spoke with a recruiter then with several people in the company, in HR and then the person who would be my supervisor then the project manager.

Interview Questions

• Would I ever go back to my old company if they paid me 150,000 a year?   1 Answer

Lighting Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Power Design (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was the typical HR questions. What are you looking for in a career? Benefits? Experience? Job Description? Lies, Lies and more lies. Over promised and under delivered. Made it sound like a fun and easy work atmosphere, where you are able to have balance with work and play.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years?   1 Answer