Power Design Reviews

4.5
Power Design CEO Frank Musolino
Frank Musolino
0 Rating
Pros
  • "There is no other company like PDI(in 37 reviews)

• "Fulfilling work environment with endless opportunities(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None - Can't say enough good things about PDI(in 23 reviews)

• "Must be ready for a fast paced work environment(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Mar 11, 2021 - Journeyman Electrician in King of Prussia Post Office, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to manage your piece of the job. The company really reaches out to check on progress and reward programs are cool too.

Cons

Chain of command is pretty long which cause 2 problems. 1 , you can't get nothing done internally because it takes too long to get to the right person. 2. The main people don't get to see the jobs. Sometimes jobs have problems and if your company doesn't communicate effectively it becomes bigger plroblems.

Communications Strategist

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you had a positive experience with Power Design and enjoyed our recognition programs. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve communication, the SOURCE would love to hear from you! Again, thank you for leaving a review.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad company but terrible management

Apr 3, 2021 - Foreman in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is pretty good, they pay more than most non union contractors. I was always able to reach out to upper management with questions and concerns and they were always very responsive, I found that to be true with HR too.

Cons

The company is based out of Florida, leaving very little direct oversight on superintendents in other areas and allowing them to get away with murder. My experience with the superintendent I worked for was so bad it inspired me to leave the trade altogether and find a new career. We (the foreman) got no answers, guidance or communication and had to pick up the slack of someone who seemed to almost be working against us. Their was no team, it was him vs. us. The things he was able to get away with due to the lack of oversight was absolutely astonishing, leaving the foreman to pick up the slack.

Communications Strategist

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. While we strive to create an environment of team collaboration, we are always looking to grow and improve. The SOURCE is here to listen, should you wish to reach out directly.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ask to meet your team!

Apr 18, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company parties. Almost everyone gets a credit card, and it seems like most charge anything they want on it! A lot of growth if you are good at sucking up! When interviewing I highly recommend meeting the people you’re going to work with. Most will be honest about the departments working environment.

Cons

Very few departments have their act together. Too many processes that get in the way of a successful production. Too busy with their image, what matters the most like a successful job is just talked about and not acted on. My department VP sends out condescending emails with empty promises and false hope. Then told us he was going to treat us like a sports team... and benching people is all he meant by that.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback – it is very important to us. Teamwork is one of our core values at Power Design, and we want all of our team members to feel valued and welcome. If you would be willing, we encourage you to please reach out directly to the SOURCE to discuss your experience further. We are here to listen.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, terrible CIO

Mar 2, 2021 - IT Helpdesk Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a pretty friendly and high energy atmosphere. Free coffee and sometimes food.

Cons

Company parties over bonuses. Management can get away with hell and still be there. Lower pay compaired to same positions at other companies. CIO is manipulative and trys to pit his departments against each other. He has his top developers working insane hours on software the company doesn't need to justify his budget. He let's some of his departments treat others like crap for no reason and he's shown extreme favouritism to employees. This isnt even half of what I've seen him do there. Bottom line: Decent place to work so long as you're not in IT.

Communications Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Here at PDI, we strive to create a welcoming and professional environment that allows our team members to be successful and feel comfortable expressing any concerns. We encourage you to contact the SOURCE to provide additional feedback – we are here to listen.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Distracting Employees with a Show

Apr 17, 2021 - Assistant Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large Events and Good Food Company will continue to grow

Cons

Poor communication and accountability Open nepotism

Communications Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. We’re glad that you are enjoying some of our #PDILife perks, but we're always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please consider reaching out to the SOURCE directly so we can discuss your PDI experiences further.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Place To Work, But Has A Lot Of Issues Lurking Under the Surface

Jan 13, 2021 - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice campus, good location (for office employees), good health care, and nice coworkers.

Cons

Many teams and departments operate very inefficiently. The company is trying to grow too fast, and bases their success on measures that don't really reflect the bigger issues going on. Leadership is generally out of touch with the employees. Over the years I've seen many issues with hires not lasting – they will say they hire for the "culture fit" because the "skills are teachable," however more often than not they hire based on superficial factors, rather than qualified candidates. Additionally, many employees who have been with the company for an extended time (6+ years) coast by, at mid-to-upper-level management positions. Seems like leadership will keep people on payroll or in positions of power, even when they're not right for the job.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications Strategist

Hello! Your feedback is important to us, and we would like to hear more about your personal experience at PDI. We encourage you to please reach out to the SOURCE directly to share your thoughts.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

What a great place to work.

Feb 24, 2021 - Vice President in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pro's are everything! Working for the Permuy family is awesome

Cons

There are none! It's the best place to work.

Communications Strategist

Thank you for the raving review! We are so happy to hear you've been enjoying your time as part of our #PDIFamily, we're lucky to have you!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Pace

Feb 16, 2021 - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Face pace work environment that gives back to the community. Plenty of advancement opportunity.

Cons

Like any job it can be stressful and travel can be hard with the pandemic, but the opportunities are great.

Communications Strategist

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear you that you experienced growth opportunities and our work hard, play hard culture while you were with us. We wish you all the best!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company.

Feb 26, 2021 - Project Finance Analyst in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Industry that is directly impacted by overall regional, national, and global economics.

Communications Strategist

Thank you for your review! While the construction industry may fluctuate, we're always looking for ways to stay ahead of tough times so we can best support our #PDIFamily.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

MEPLS Specialists

Feb 4, 2021 - Virtual Designer in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Campus is beautiful, the people are the brightest in the industry and the company strives to make the workplace feel like one big family. Growth is highly encouraged.

Cons

For anyone not used to a fast paced and fast growing environment, it could be stressful.

Communications Strategist

Thank you for your feedback! Growth is one of our core values - and we strive to ensure our employees have that opportunity. We're so glad that you are loving the #PDILife!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Reviews