Cover image for Power Design

Power Design CEO Frank Musolino
Frank Musolino

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Power Design and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting and Great Company

Jan 26, 2023 - BIM Specialist III in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always something new going on at Power Design and it is innnovative and exciting place to work. The culture is amazing.

Cons

I can't think of cons

Power Design Response

Thanks for leaving a review! We're so proud of our company culture, and it's team members like you that make us so great. We're thrilled to have you on the team!

2. 1.0

Work Life Balance Needs a Serious Overhaul

Feb 1, 2023 - Senior Project Manager in Saint Pete, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent but that's it.

Cons

After three years of employment and Power Design touting propaganda about how much fun it is to work here, I wanted to give a perspective from someone who is in the trenches day in and day out. Meetings are constant; some are booked simultaneously so you have to do two or even three at the same time. With constant meetings, there is no room left for the endless reports and budgets and answering emails and phone calls so you are always behind, even when you work nights and weekends. Travel is frequent and when you are away you will work constantly in order to get back home. The constant high-paced demands mean there is no room for doctor appointments, lunch, or family time in the evenings for weekends. Burnout is real at Power Design and we all know it. That's why retention is so difficult. I have over 30 days of PTO on the books but can't take it or risk getting seriously behind. There is a joke amongst employees that PTO stands for "Pretend Time Off," because even when you are on vacation you still have to work. There are so many other issues at this company that no one is talking about but this is the main one that causes burnout. I have now been diagnosed with cancer and am trying to get some appointments made and speak with physicians about my plan of care but finding time to do that is proving impossible. Something has got to give, Power Design, leadership team or all your good people are going to drop dead from being worked to death.

Communications Manager

Hello - thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take your comments very seriously, and are here to help. Please reach out to the SOURCE for support and to discuss further.

3. Join the Power Design team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Loved it here

Jan 25, 2023 - Electrical Foreman in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely great place to work. Awesome customer relations Great team structure and business model

Cons

Too large, Too many people trying to run everything.

5. 5.0

Fast-paced

Dec 16, 2022 - BIM Specialist III in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Power Design is fast paced so there is always plenty of work to be done. They are big on growing from within and make it a priority to help employees grow into new roles. If you put in the work and perform well, you are rewarded. Promotions are based on performance and not restricted to age.

Cons

Often times the workload is heavy which is sometimes taxing on those with families who want to be able to work a 40 hour week. Rarely is it enforced directly to work extra hours, but it is often expected with the workload as it’s usually the only way to keep up.

1 person found this review helpful

Power Design Response

Thank you for your feedback. Growth is one of our core values, so it’s great to hear that you feel supported as you advance in your career. Maintaining work-life balance is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any suggestions, the SOURCE would love to hear from you!

6. 2.0

Ok

Nov 22, 2022 - Assistant Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty building Cafe (expensive though) Gym Work from home Fridays

Cons

You can feel the huge sense of greed while working here. It starts with a cafeteria and coffee shop that costs more than Chipotle. You would think they would just sell this food at cost? This is a minor thing but that's where it starts and is an easy example. I have worked for a couple different electrical contractors, and I have never been worked as hard as I was here. I didn't feel a sense of family whatsoever and I only felt like a number. They will try to sell you very hard on the building during your initial tour, which is smart on their part, but the glamour will wear off quickly when you're in your cubicle trying to survive. This sense of survival kick s in right away when you realize so many people work here, all on the same kinds of projects, all doing the same thing, fighting to get time to talk to management, and praying for a raise or promotion. It's a grind, grind, grind mentality.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our team members are our number one priority, and we strive to create a positive and rewarding work environment for all. We are always looking for ways to improve, and encourage you to reach out to the SOURCE directly with your feedback, we are still here to listen!

7. 4.0

Internal Audit

Jan 31, 2023 - Internal Audit Coordinator in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented company that cares about its employees

Cons

Hybrid work is typically one day out of the office

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Friendly Workplace with a golf simulator

Jan 18, 2023 - Electrical Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can buy lunch on campus, 24/7 gym, game room

Cons

Open office layout is not always the quietest

9. 5.0

6 Out Of 5

Sep 27, 2022 - Third Year Apprentice in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary Local work Power U apprenticeship(PDI School) Honest Compassionate Receptive Professional Respect is given Experience is rewarded (depending on manager) Teamwork

Cons

Managers can be horrible Co-workers can be horrible This can happen at any job Short lunch 30min If tools get stolen on the job they might not replace them.( just keep track of your things)

Power Design Response

Thank you for your feedback! Taking care of our team members across the nation (especially our amazing Apprentices!) and treating everyone with respect is very important to us. We want to make sure you have what you need to succeed, the SOURCE is always here to support. Please reach out and let us know what we can do to improve!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Big company

Jan 12, 2023 - Electrician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big company. Located all over the US

Cons

Big company. Expect a lot

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not Great

Jan 3, 2023 - Designer in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people at lower levels.

Cons

Low pay, overwork, bad management. Constantly brag about record profits yet no bonus or yearly raise for those under senior management.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 481 Reviews
</>Embed

Power Design Reviews FAQs

Power Design has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 510 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Power Design to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Power Design employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Power Design. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

81% of Power Design employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Power Design 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Power Design to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Power Design Job Seekers