Power Design Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2020

4.7
Power Design CEO Mitch Permuy
Mitch Permuy
Pros
  • "There is no other company like PDI(in 37 reviews)

• "Fulfilling work environment with endless opportunities(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "None - Can't say enough good things about PDI(in 23 reviews)

• "Must be ready for a fast paced work environment(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I LOVE IT HERE!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Power Design full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is no other company like PDI. Over the years we have grown significantly, but are still able to keep the family owned feel. It's nice to get coffee in the AM alongside our C level executives. The culture is another thing that sets us apart. Right when you walk in the door you can feel the positive high energy and it's contagious. Growth is a huge pro. With how big we are getting there are lots of opportunities for career development.

Cons

PTO could be better, but most managers are lenient on the policy.

August 6, 2019Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write. We love that you’re loving your years at PDI and look forward to how the #PDILife will grow in the years to come.

"Work hard Play hard"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Pete, FL

I worked at Power Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progress at your own pace. A good "work hard, play hard" mentality. The leadership likes to have fun with the company which means a lots of outings and events that keep work interesting. There is a ton of training and help all over the company to help employees learn any aspect of the job they feel they need to strengthen.

Cons

Hampered by mid-level leadership. The focus is on results and less on building sustainable constructive teams which leads to a lot of inefficiencies, which ironically, affects results.

June 9, 2020Communications Strategist

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve our processes and build stronger teams. We’re glad to hear you felt supported by our training team and enjoyed our work hard, play hard company culture while you were here! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

3. "PDI needs transparency"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Power Design full-time

Pros

There is opportunity. Company is focused on growth.

Cons

Short of staff because of rapid growth. Long hours sometimes. Company needs more transparency.

July 6, 2020Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are proud of our diverse team at Power Design, and want all of our team members to feel welcomed and supported. Your mental wellness is incredibly important to us, and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to hear your concerns directly and discuss how we can make a difference together. We encourage you to reach out to the SOURCE – we are here to listen.

4. COVID-19

"Way too big of a company to do anything, have to be in the “popular group” to fit in"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Power Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

The campus was cool, gym on site and recreation stuff.

Cons

Let’s just say, this company has over 800 people on campus, if you don’t know the “big dogs” don’t plan on moving up. Or if you want to change a position, don’t count on it, they won’t get back with you. You have to be a partier and go out and drink in order to get in with this company. The owner only cares about his $$$ he laid off way too many people for covid, because he saw he was losing money fast, just sad, even the good employees that didn’t deserve it. But kept all the cheerleaders I bet. Oh yeah, did I mention they hire cheerleaders, and watch out they will rehearse in the gym bathroom. Also, WAYYYY too many “processes” as they call it. Drink the juice as they say..

June 22, 2020Communications Strategist

At Power Design, we pride ourselves on having a culture of respect, professionalism, and equality. And part of that culture includes listening to our team members. Your feedback is important to us and we’d like to hear more about your experience directly. We encourage you to reach out to the SOURCE to share your thoughts.

5. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Trainer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Power Design full-time

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for growth

Cons

Not a lot of PTO

May 27, 2020Communications Strategist

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you found a lot of opportunities for growth at Power Design. All the best in your future endeavors!

6. "Proceed with Caution"

Current Employee - Superintendent in Washington, DC

I have been working at Power Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, pays very well.

Cons

Do not get the resources you need in a timely fashion.

May 27, 2020Communications Strategist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to better support our team members and provide the resources they need to succeed. If you have any suggestions for improvement, the SOURCE would love to hear from you!

7. "A Big Family"

4.0
    Former Employee - Foreman On Track in Port of Miami, FL

I worked at Power Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company. Much learning. Constant work and under pressure. High level of personal and professional growth. Interesting projects that bring out the best in you. Incredible work team. Headquarters always ready to help

Cons

Nothing to say at this moment

May 4, 2020Communications Strategist

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear that you've experienced many positive results from the projects you've been a part of. Our big #PDIFamily is so important to us! We strive to continue supporting our employees in the field each and every day. Please reach out directly to the SOURCE if you'd like to share more of your feedback with us!

"Operations"

I worked at Power Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

The main reason most people stick around is because of their colleagues. I made some great friends here and that made the job somewhat tolerable. The campus is really nice however you're packed in there like sardines.

Cons

Management has gone down hill real fast, setting unrealistic expectations and trying to give cheerleader presentations to keep morale up (which is depressingly low company wide). Everyone is burnt out from the overload of work and the cross-department dysfunction. Compensation does not line up with the work and effort you need to keep your projects successful.

May 11, 2020Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we are sorry we did not have the chance to address your concerns while you were with us, we are always looking for ways to improve and support our team members. Please reach out to the SOURCE directly.

"Great company to work for until you are laid off or turn in two week notice"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Power Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of work. More than you can handle. Lots of Apps and ETools to do your work. Travel to job sites are 100% covered by PDI.

Cons

Disorganization between departments resulting in fingerpointing. High turnover rate. No loyalty from fellow employees. There are hardworkers and slackers right next to each other.

May 11, 2020Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. These are challenging times for us all, and we are sorry to hear about your experience. The SOURCE has developed several resources for our team members, and we are here to listen and assist you, should you wish to reach out directly.

10. "I am so glad to work for Power Design."

Current Employee - Superintendent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Power Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

The whole company is very family oriented and all the resources that are provided to succeed.

Cons

More experience electricians on job sites

March 16, 2020Communications Strategist

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear you're enjoying being a member of the #PDIFamily. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please feel free to reach out to the SOURCE!

Found 344 reviews