PowerReviews Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PowerReviews (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 phone interviews, followed by an in-office interview (3 separate interviews during the one visit) followed by one last phone interview. I think they could have cut down the number of interviews to make the process go a little faster.

Interview Questions

• Went through all 5 of their core values and asked how I had applied to each of them in my life at some point   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PowerReviews.

Interview

I had a very uncomfortable interview phase with PowerReviewers. I had applied online and within 24 hours a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone screening. This is common practice for every company so no red flags yet.

What came next is something that continues to puzzle me, they reached out to my DOS at my current company and let them know that I applied for the position. From there the DOS told my sales manager.

So my manager proceeded to bring me into a room and talked about why I applied for the position, which as you can imagine was very uncomfortable. He and the DOS were not mad at me whatsoever, he just wanted to know why I applied in the first place.

I could understand if PowerReviewers would contact my manager in the event they were going to offer me a job and wanted to cover all of their bases. But to tell my DOS before I even interviewed? It may not illegal, but I think it was unethical / unprofessional.

Good job PowerReviewers, I now know that I should never waste my time looking into your company ever again. Best of luck in your questionable practices.

Interview Questions

• Is it cool if we tell your manager / dos that you're interviewing here? Actually we don't care we will do it anyways! Who wouldn't want to work here when we do that!   1 Answer

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PowerReviews (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

1 - Phone screen covering the usual range of topics: what the company does, team overview, high level day-to-day operations, etc. (45 mins)
    2 - Coding challenge with very basic questions on HTML, CSS, XML and JavaScript (30 mins)
    3 - Second phone interview with department head which turned into a video call at the last minute so glad I wasn't overly disheveled (30 mins)
    4 - On-site Interview (2.5 hours)

The team seemed to be made up of really nice and intelligent people, the work atmosphere was quite pleasant and the individual phone screenings and interviews themselves were conducted fairly efficiently. As this was my first in-person interview in quite some time, I'm acutely aware of several areas where my performance, conveyance of knowledge and articulation of responses wasn't quite up to par. One of these, though I'm not absolutely certain, may have been my candor as to aspiring to move into a developer position which likely inadvertently expressed at least some level of disinterest in the Tech Support Engineer role (I was aiming for eager and motivated). In addition, I stumbled on a few basic questions, partly due to nerves, partly due to the fact that I'm new to the field.

That being said, there was one significant red flag that continually popped up throughout the overall process: poor communication. My code review had been scheduled for a Friday afternoon - I attempted it via google drive only to find out that my email address hadn't been provided access. After both emailing and calling with no response at 3:10pm, I had to shrug my shoulders and go about the rest of my day. I finally got a response the following morning. Then twice, agreed upon interview dates/times were later changed at the behest of the scheduler. Lastly, despite sending individual follow-up "thank you" emails to 5 different employees, I only received a very brief response from one team member (of the same position I was interviewing for). I followed up again the next week and immediately received a denial, leaving me quite sure they hadn't bothered to let me know they had already made a decision.

Any one of these things wouldn't have been a problem but by being so consistent throughout every stage of the process, they collectively marred the experience by illustrating a palpable lack of appreciation for the potential candidates time.

Ultimately, I'm sure they are a great company to work for with wonderful and devoted staff, but don't expect transparency and great communication during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Good question - Actually a series of questions which involved word-association with a list of technical terms and types of software/frameworks/RDBMS. While I was average at best in my descriptions and breadth of knowledge, it was fun, interesting and provided grounds for some interesting discussion.   Answer Question
    • Bad question - I'm paraphrasing here: "If your boss came over to you and asked you to stop what you're doing and work on something else right this second, how would you respond?" - I found the question to be unnecessarily vague and open-ended in all the wrong ways. When I asked for clarification and context, nothing helpful was really provided. Apparently the correct answer is something to the effect of "I would ask them what they wanted me to start doing and if it wasn't something that challenged me or that I enjoyed, I would find a new job".   Answer Question

PowerReviews Response

Mar 20, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. I’m so sorry you felt that way about the interview process. One of our goals is to create a streamlined, transparent, and... More

Senior Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PowerReviews (New York, NY).

Interview

The first phone interview was very rushed and I don't feel they were really interested or listening to what I had to say. The Talent Acquisition that was interviewing me advised she needed more background on the role I was interested in and would get back to me within the week. I never heard anything for 2 weeks until I reached out. The interview process seemed very unprofessional and it lost my interest in the company. All of the other reviews says how great of a company this is and I am sure it is but I just had a brief, bad experience.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PowerReviews in December 2016.

Interview

Received email request with link to scheduling calendar for phone interview; interview rescheduled once due to scheduling conflict on company's side.

The interview was 30 minutes with the basic "tell me about yourself" type of questions with the canned elevator speech about the company. The position ended up being more of a marketing writer instead of a technical writer.

Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Phone interview, a couple in person and then a meeting with the CEO. Met with various members of the team as well as employees from different departments. Everyone was very friendly, and there was a great feel for the company. I would say though the interview organisation process, and hiring team were not the most organised which led to confusion on both ends.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where I had to deal with conflict and how I responded to the situation   Answer Question

User Experience Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PowerReviews (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter in early August. Phone interview with current UX designer a few weeks later. Onsite interview with three team members in middle September. They told me it would take a few weeks to make a decision. Never heard back from anyone in the team. Lack of communication and just various other reasons I would avoid this company and its hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Experience. If and how I would lead a UX team. Basic questions. Talked over portfolio.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PowerReviews (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who sent a link to sign up for a phone interview. I scheduled my interview, and on the day of, heard nothing. The next morning, I was contacted by email with an apology, and a request to reschedule. Okay, not so bad, things come up. We rescheduled for that night, and not much to my surprise, there was no sign of contact from the recruiter - yes, a second time - even after I emailed him. Very unprofessional. Maybe the actual teams at PowerReviews are actually as great as their rating here suggests, but their HR has a lot to be desired.

I would recommend not wasting your time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PowerReviews (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. I was communicated throughout the process by the recruiter Megan, who happened to be on vacation during the final offer stage and she made herself completely available to answer all questions. Megan was the first view into the culture at PowerReviews, and everyone I encountered throughout the process was equally smart, driven and passionate about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake. What happened, how did you handle yourself, what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PowerReviews (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Lack of respect for a candidates time - 4 rounds of interviews, a questionnaire plus a presentation.

Extremely involved process after which I was told was passed up for a candidate that they were "in process" of interviewing that had more relevant experience.

I completely understand the company wanted to hire someone with relevant experience however I felt it was unnecessary to have me go through 4 rounds of interviews as well a work on a presentation that took over 20+ hours if my experience (which was completely transparent through my resume as well as initial interviews) was not ideal.