PowerReviews Reviews | Glassdoor

PowerReviews CEO Matt Moog
Matt Moog

"A Rare Find"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun product, strong vision, focus hiring on culture fit, incredible office space, transparency

Cons

With rapid growth comes some amount of being overworked at times, things breaking, etc., but that's no different than any other rapid growth company.

"Awesome tech, awesome culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The "culture" really means something here! Yes we have a ping-pong table, 24hr beer on-tap, fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunch and flexible PTO, but it's not just to pretend we're a cool company! The upper management really cares about the culture and you feel it in your everyday life at PowerReviews!

The technology is also awesome, we're constantly looking for the best ways to improve our software and the momentum in the technology team is great!

In my 8 years of professional experience this company is by far the best I've seen. I quit my past job because I wanted to work among smart people and get challenged everyday, I found all this and more at PowerReviews.

Cons

Cons are hard to find. The company has been "re born" 2 years ago and though it's on an awesome trajectory, there is still uncertainty as to where we'll be in a few years, but that's a common thing in same-size companies.

"Nice Office and Work Environment in Chicago"

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time

Pros

You're treated like a trustworthy adult: There's no real daily time tracking, flexible PTO (take what you need/need what you take), relaxed dress code, etc. Of course, you need to be trustworthy! Employees talk to each other, even if they don't work together (I've found this rare at other places). A nice office space with snacks, drinks, and places to take a bit of time to relax during the day.
    The amount of work appears to vary by team, but the work-life balance is pretty good.
    Great attitude about growth and the direction of the company from many of my colleagues.

Cons

As other reviewers have pointed out, the culture is younger and, on some teams, can be male-dominant (and it shows). Aside from that, the only con so far is the lack of a 401(K) match.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what makes the smaller company size work as it grows larger (e.g. don't separate company events into smaller groups, split the office across too many floors, etc.)

"A lot of momentum"

Current Employee - Product in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time

Pros

It is exciting to work for a company that is growing like PowerReviews. Not only does it present a lot of opportunity for personal growth, you can have a real impact on the success of the company.

Cons

Like many places, there are times when work gets busy. While you may work hard, there are always people around you to help and to make it a fun and supportive environment

"Fast Paced & Exciting"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from long term employment at a not-so-technical company, PowerReviews has brought me in and helped me get up to speed on a quickly evolving industry. You truly get out what you put in from knowledge to opportunity. It is a competitive team oriented environment that allows you the freedom to be independent and collaborate as needed.

Despite how new you are, you are encouraged to be a voice within the organization. If you want to be involved, there are plenty of opportunities to grow and expand your experience.

Culture is key. It is a relaxed office with a lot of hard workers. A lot of different people from different backgrounds are working together towards a common goal, and know how to have fun in the process. Leadership is accessible and open to consistent feedback.

Cons

There are still kinks to work out in formalizing processes as with any growing organization, but we're on the right track.

Advice to Management

Continue transparency and keep driving towards success!

"I am excited and motivated to come to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am excited and motivated to come to work everyday! I was able to take my career to the next level in a short amount of time! You can't sit around and expect to be successful because no one has time to monitor your every move and that is not how the organization is structured. If you work hard you are very well rewarded!

The culture is great! The happy hours and free lunches are of course great, but beyond that is the awesome leadership, team environment and opportunity to learn and be successful! I am excited to be working with such intelligent and passionate individuals!

Cons

It is a rapidly growing company- and along with that comes growing pains. Although, it can be frustrating at times everyone is always willing to help and collaborate!

"I'd Pass, There are Better Places to Work out There"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at PowerReviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and young group of colleagues. People always want to go to lunch, go out, etc. The company is doing very well and they have a great opportunity in front of them if they can keep up all the hard work. I heard that they are moving to a really nice, new office soon. Work/life balance was good while I was there.

Cons

The culture that everyone raves about is just a giant frat party. Is it fun to drink at work? Yes. Is it fun to be around a sales team that is loud, obnoxious and can literally say ANYTHING without ever getting reprimanded? If that's what you consider culture, then this is the place for you. I wasn't interested in working with a bunch of dudes who felt like they could do or say anything they wanted to in the office. Everyone was always talking about how much opportunity there was for everyone, but anytime I talked to my manager about what I wanted to do or learn (both present and in the future), he basically said to "keep doing what you're doing, that's what we need." Right, ok then. In terms of senior management, I loved some of them and hated some. No one seemed to be on the same page, both in terms of how to run the company and how to treat their employees. It just seemed like one big mismatch. Some people acted like it was the most corporate environment ever and didn't allow working from home, while other managers let their staff work basically whatever schedule they can think up. Several people were also hired for one role and then within a few weeks their role had completely changed into something else. Compensation seemed weird and dependent on your manager, not equal across the board. Also benefits were not that great. Unlimited vacation time, but it has to be approved by your manager (and again - also dependent on your manager whether it'd get approved). No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page and treat employees equally across the board. Transparency doesn't work if everyone isn't doing it.

"Growing company with great culture and motivational team support"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Culture, teamwork is critical, motivational goals

Cons

lack of top down communication, management is hard to track down

Advice to Management

more availability

"Best culture around"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

-Amazing culture
    -Great solution
    -Smart Leadership
    -monthly happy hour
    -weekly events and FREE groceries

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons

"Great innovative company that you can relate to, and is a great place to grow personally and professionally!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Leadership is very intelligent and has a clear vision for the future of the company
    -Great culture and people who have a good work ethic
    -Employees have the "get the work done" mentality and the management does not have a micro-management approach
    -Good work-life balance
    -Company is flexible with their employees in all aspects
    -Open office layout which gives access to daily communication with Directors, SVPs, and C-Level employees
    -Ideas are encouraged in all departments and across departments as well
    -Casual dress code.
    -Environment is very collaborative and everyone is working for the greater good of the company

Cons

-Training program is not fully developed yet, but it is progressing with every new employee.

Advice to Management

-Keep the culture in mind when hiring new talent to the company because what has been built thus far helps fuel the company
    -Keep an inclusive environment and the transparency so the employees know that they are part of something bigger than just their position
    -Keep the positivity around the office because it gives good vibes and makes it a good working environment.