Precision Drilling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.2

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Target Selected- method used to evaluate candidates competencies based on their past behavior in order to hire the right people for a given job. The interview it self was fairly relaxed. I wasn't treated as an applicant per say. After the target selected questions the conversation was an easy one. All of my questions were answered and a reasonable time frame provided.

Interview Questions

• What value would you add to the team?   1 Answer

Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Houston, TX).

Interview

Easy no problem scheduling or speaking with hiring managers and HR. I have nothing more to say about the interview process. Overall, not much is required to work here.

Floorhand Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Precision Drilling.

Interview

Put in an app online, got a call back in 3 days. They then scheduled me to come to their office 2 days later. Went, talked to a guy, mostly about football but just good conversation. Sent me to take drug test and physical that same day and was on a rig about 5 days after that. I have a year rig experience at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why did I have to be a LSU fan?   1 Answer

MWD Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It lasted a couple of hours, and was very straightforward. There wasn't much beating around the bush; just asked about career aspirations, what we know about measurement while drilling, how we work in a team, etc. One of the interviewers was a bit abrasive, although that may have been because I was one of the last to be interviewed that day. The other two were pleasant.

The position didn't have enough to do with the branch I want to get into.

Time Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was very clinical almost robotic. The manager was somewhat cold. At one point I was sure that I would not be offered the position. I interviewed with the same person multiple time in one year before receiving and offer. Be patient when you do not hear back right away.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable with the department I interview with.

Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Penn, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Very vague, job description wasn't even close, didn't even know if I was hired till 4 hrs later. Then said I was hired and did not start till 3 weeks later. Pay wasn't even discussed. Spent a lot of time sitting around waiting for answers.

Interview Questions

• You hear for a job or career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Williston, ND) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a brief conversation with the HR lady. She explained the job and if I was up for it. I was former military so the work conditions were fine with me. Was fairly straightforward. No surprises. Had to take a test asking moral and work ethic questions. Drug test followed after the interview and offer. There was also a physical test that wasn't to difficult but did put stress on your knees and shoulders to see if you could physically handle the job. If you had joint problems it would be fairly apparent.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the work life balance of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off? Having to work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation the salaries are fixed based off of position.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Williamsport, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, received call to schedule an interview. You then go into the office for a 1 on 1 Interview with district manager and or his assistant to speed up the process since there are usually five interviews per hour. If hired, a drug test and physical are conducted across, and orientation follow immediately after.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Williamsport, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Received a call to set up an interview on a Friday and interview was on a Tuesday. Interviewed by HR (woman had no personality) and HSE (very encouraging). I went through the beginning stages of being hired the same day as the interview.

Negotiation

I would not take the offer. This company has little concern for its employees. The company told me everything looked good after the physical was completed and sent me home with work clothes. I was to start in 2 weeks. Called in the next day as requested by HR and was told I did not get the job and had to return the work clothes. The HR woman was condesending and did not apologize -no I'm sorry you no longer will be able to work with the company or anything. I would expect a reputable company to be considerate of people but I would say that Precision does not possess the characteristics of company anyone would want to work for. They are out for #1=them.

Anonymous Employee in Weatherford, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Weatherford, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. Just convince them you can work long hours, and handle extreme weather conditions. You take a pretty basic physical including hand eye coordination, grip test, strength test, blood pressure test, eye test, breath test, balance, color test. Etc... simple and only takes an hour or two.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could travel.   1 Answer