Priceline.com Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 117 of over 117 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in Feb 2017

Interview

It was good. they went through couple of OOP design related question and design pattern. A bunch of questions about my previous experiences working, technical skills and my availability. Overall, it was super easy.

Interview Questions
  • hey went through couple of OOP design related question and design pattern.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Very fast and positive recruitment and interview process. Team and recruiter were great people who had your best interest at heart. Questions weren't terribly difficult but relevant nonetheless. Competitive offer was given.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2021

Interview

1Phon screen with recruiter 2 i h coding interview with one or two questions using coderpad 3 design interview on system one or two questions 4 behavior interview: Is there any situation you had a difficult time to deal with? How do you keep your knowledge up to date? 6 VP interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Priceline.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online to posting and received an email from internal recruiter the following week to participate in a phone interview. I agreed and we spoke for 30 minutes about the company and role. This interviewer came across as somewhat amateurish for this level of a role. I was passed to a video interview approximately one week later with the hiring manager. From start, the interviewer came across explaining how much in the weeds the role would entail developing current staff of direct reports (nothing strategic). Obviously, he had failed at this task and was looking for a cleaner to come in and fix the mess. I also was able to find out that my predecessor was fired (too many red flags!). As a side note, be aware that if travel in the job is a requirement, the policy is you will take the most economical option available. Not such a great situation for someone expected to travel frequently. In addition, if politically your not leaning toward the progressive left ideology, this might be a cultural mismatch. Do your research.

Interview Questions
  • How would you motivate someone in their current position who does not exhibit the skill set to complete their job duties?

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Mumbai) in Jan 2021

Interview

Had 4 interviews with different people. Was quite good overall. The 4 belonged to different vertical s within Priceline and that get an overall view of what Priceline does my role, the work culture.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current organization and join Priceline?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Mumbai) in Nov 2020

Interview

There were 2 rounds: In both the rounds - interview questions were very specific. In fact, second round had narrower questions. If you know - you're selected. If you don't - BYE! (Although, you know other things)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Mumbai) in Oct 2020

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and had a first technical round with the Data Engineer Director. It was a decent interview round, but I felt he was bit uninterested at first place and was rushing through some of the questions as standard process. Was able to explain him the architecture of my project, but few scenario based GCP technical questions where I did not answer to his satisfaction. Overall a good interview but I felt it could have been bit more engaging from the interviewer's end.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Brief background on self. 2) Explain Hadoop/Oracle to GCP migration & architecture, different layers of data architecture. 3) Compare GCS or BQ as storage 4) How much volume of data you handled? 5) How to query directly from GCS 6) What is a typical day at work? 7) Do you have hands-on on GCP? 8) why GCS is better than BQ for storage? 9) Tableau vs MSTR comparison 10) How to setup billing alert for BigQuery? 11) Have you worked on Agile Project? 12) What kind of design documents have you prepared

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

I was reached out by a recuiter, who tried to involve me to a technical interview after an initial phone conversaion. It was schedule a week after. The recruiter is fine though. Then comes the technical interview. The interview was done using Zoom. Video on, that's fine. But for 2 things that's made this experience pretty bad, or even unbearable. 1. It's a common sense I believe for an interview over video, at least get yourself a quieter room. I was in my own room and told my family to keep quite even 10 minutes before and after the interview to minimize any possible noise, but the interviewer apparently didn't. I know it's Covid time, but still, the interview was constantly interrupted by kid's noise, interviewer's wife talking over the phone, on and on. Even the interviewer asked me to hold on for a minute, and asked his family to quite down. 2. The code interview part, right on, a link with hackerrank, and asks me to solve it. No background, just read it yourself, do it yourself. I was like, okay, I will try. I am not quite great at live coding interview, getting nervous a bit. So I tried to think out loud, explain my thoughts, and all that, but no feedback from the interviewer. I was like, fine. I will just shut up since you don't really care. Even I once said, I am a bit struggle, mind giving a hint? No. I lost my patience from then on pretty much, and with video on his end, clearly he's doing his own work, and replying emails and chat, I can hear the chimes from the IM the interviewer is using. Will not apply again for sure.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Mumbai) in Sep 2020

Interview

Really unprofessional interview process. I had given an interview 2 times in 5 months. However the results were really unexpected. 1) Got a call from consultancy in Sep-2020. First-round on zoom was 1hour of live coding by screen sharing. One problem was given which was based on sorting the Map by its values. I couldn't complete the code in 1 hour, since i didn't know properly how to sort the map by its values but the approach was perfect. Round one cleared. For 2nd round, there were 2 interviewers. They were randomly asking any Java and spring related questions. This round was OK not so good not so bad. Result rejected. 2) After 5 months again got a call from the same consultancy. She mentioned that Priceline wants to go ahead with your candidature but with a different team. But this time budget was less as compared to the previous role. Still, i said yes. Now, the same 1st round was online coding(obviously this time problem statement was different). This time I was able to solve the problem within 25 mins. Then he started asking Java-related questions. 2-3 questions were not properly answered due to a lack of knowledge of MultiThreading. Consultancy didn't share feedback even after 2-3 days. I called and she said they are not going ahead. This time 1st round was far better than the previous one. Didn't got detailed feedback like what went wrong and all...To schedule an interview they were calling multiple times in a day and 1-2 reminder call on interview day but for sharing feedback I had to call them...Pathetic!!!!!

Interview Questions
  • Java memory model how Spring singleton works??..is it a really singleton like Java singleton?? Configuration for Payment service in spring. Difference between different collection(Hashtable/HashMap),(Treemap/LinkedHashMap)
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Mumbai)

Interview

Great process overall. Was contacted by a recruiter had a telephonic interview. Then 1st round was a fitment interview with manager. 2nd round was technical round. 3rd was another technical round. 4th was managerial round. 5th was with VP. And finally last wast round was with India head. Each round was elimination round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Mumbai) in Feb 2020

Interview

Process included total of 5 rounds . Each was an elimination round. The recruitment team was great to follow up on all queries and for scheduling the interviews. Everything was conducted very smoothly. First round was a telephonic interview with one their previous employee. Second round was taken by a pair of developers from US. In-depth knowledge + One Ds algo question in the end Third round was a hands on a given project to add a functionality to it. Fourth round with a Team Lead. Discusses through your expectations and does it align with the company well or not. Fifth round with India Head. Discussion basically around role and responsibilities that will be held and offer release. The discussion could be a little uptight as against to previous rounds.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Interviews