Priceline.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2016.

Interview

A phone call was setup by recruiter with the technical guys. It was an intense interview . They grilled me on basic concepts of core java.It surely is not a typical phone interview. Only a guy who has some real programming experience could answer those questions.

I was called for onsite interview. Flight and hotel expenses has been taken care off. I was flown in the day before the interview. The interview was for about 4 hour 45 minutes.

The first 15 minutes is HR asking my background. All the rounds from here on has two interviewers.

First Round: It was for about 90 minutes. Web services, Spring, Core java, White board coding. Average difficulty. I managed well except for a couple of questions. I did well.

Second Round: It was for about one hour. Informal interview. Took out for lunch. No technical questions.

Third Round: It was for about one hour. Two interviewers. I think they are hiring managers and are the same people who took my phone interview. The interviewers were extremely knowledgeable. This round is not about specifically any thing but my overall application development knowledge was thoroughly tested. I did poorly in this round and my knowledge was clearly exposed. I felt that there is no way you could prepare for this specific kind of interview Only the knowledge one has built on really working on application development over a period of time helps. Every question requires coding on whiteboard.

Fourth Round: It was for about one hour. How do you perform validations? How do you trace a bug in production environment?etc. and few other questions that do not have any specific answer. I did OK in this interview. I was already down because of the previous round.

The very next day I got the standard reply that I was not selected. But I am happy with the interview process. I was given a fair chance to show my skills and I did not meet their expectations.

Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter. She was supposed to get back to me two weeks later. But now, I've been ghosted. 2 emails and no response. This position is for the Priceline Group. Super unprofessional. Priceline has been around for over 20 years. I expect behavior like this from startups but not established companies. They need to get their acts together-completely unacceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Process took 4 weeks.
    Contacted by HR for phone screening. Then scheduled couple of technical rounds.
    3 telephonic screening rounds (1 hr 15 minutes and 2 technical rounds -45 minutes each)

Then on site interviews(Group interviews: interviewed by 3 different teams). Each team from different departments. The process took 1 day.
    Received an offer from HR after a week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly core java based questions, design patterns , SOLID principles,enterprise software concepts etc.
      REST services, object serialization/Deserialization,threads/synchronization concepts, UI design based questions(HTML,javascript) etc.

Onsite interview- Algorithms ,data structures ,string manipulation/sorting, coding questions, web services related questions etc. [ 3 group interviews.] one of the interviews was tough. Rest of the rounds were of average difficulty. All rounds mostly included white board coding and general software design/architectures and web services,web development, UI related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation:
    Yes, they are negotiable.Prompt response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

First a phone interview with multiple people, asking mostly CS101 questions. The recruiter got in touch immediately after the phone interview and scheduled an onsite interview. I had to do an online coding test before I came in: all questions can be found in Cracking the Coding Interview or any interview prep resource online.

The onsite started with the recruiter greeting me in the lobby of Priceline's office in Norwalk, CT. He was extremely friendly and made sure I had water, coffee, etc. There was a delay before the first round started because one of the interviewers wasn't in the office or available; seemed like something that should have been taken care of before I came in. A total of three engineers were present in the first round, two of whom were seemingly dragged into the interview unexpectedly. I was asked a few typical algorithm questions, as well as a SQL question. The interviewers seemed uninterested in interviewing me, and didn't voice any opinions on their work at Priceline; one of them was on his computer most of the time.

The second round was actually a great experience. I was asked to test a feature the engineers were currently working on. The two engineers who interviewed me were genuinely interested in the product, and made the interview emulate a conversation we would have if I actually worked at Priceline. I learned a lot about what my potential duties at Priceline would be, as well as the product itself.

Unfortunately, the third round robbed me of any positive thoughts I had about Priceline. The interviewer, who was a higher-up in the engineering department, immediately told me that he hadn't read my resume, and proceeded to ask me whether I was a programmer (a superficial glance at my resume, which was right in front of him, would have been able to answer that). I was taken aback as I do expect some preparation to occur on the end of the interviewer. The interviewer's brusqueness didn't end there: he cut me off whenever I would answer one of his questions (only one of which was technical, all others were brain teasers). The interviewer certainly seemed like he had some expertise in talking down to others, especially those with fewer years of experience.

After my onsite interview, I was told I would receive an answer in a week because they had other candidates to interview. I never heard back, despite several hours of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Look at Cracking the Coding Interview and tech interview resources across the web.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

WHAT EVER THE POSITION SAYS , THEY WILL TEST YOU IN ALL THE FIELDS - FRONT END, MIDDLE TIER, BACKEND.
    I guess I had a bad luck or a bad day, I got a call for phone screening via employee referral where I impressed the interviewer with my Java Collections knowledge plus the eagerness to learn as I had learned R-Programming on my own. I was given a onsite call immediately. I was told about the new backend team for which they are hiring. Considering this I prepared my self accordingly. I was assigned 5 rounds of interviews.
    1st round - Complete front end with some rude guys who doesn't want anything on your resume unless you are paid for it(knowledge does not matter according to him)
    2nd round - Networking - out of now where.. which made me blank & my moral down.
    Now the funny thing is, HR is not able to track other 3 interviewers this was the scenario that day.
    These guys were supposed to be backend guys which I was good at & no onw shows up. Some random guy comes in asks me about HashMap & database structure as the third round which went well. Later the HR come & says you are Done! lol.. I was like what,... this day couldn't be any worse. So I think if the interviewers weren't available for the day, they should have rescheduled my interview. Plus they should change the name of the position to Full Stack Developer.
    That day went on to be one of the worst day of my life.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2014.

Interview

I had a pre screening phone call from hr asking about the company and my salary requirements. then I had a technical interview on phone with a senior software engineer (related to Java). I was called onsite and I had 2-3 rounds of interview both technical and hr. Interview process was good. Team was very encouraging.After the interview I did send a follow up mail 2 times asking about their decision. Neither the team members nor the hr responded. I don't ask them to respond for each and every candidate they interview( considering their busy time). But I feel it's good to respond at least to a candidate who comes for an onsite interview and interviews for half a day. Let the candidate know if they did not make it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Priceline.com in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I got an email from hiring manager to set up a Phone interview with 3 of their software engineers within a week. They started with asking question related to my past projects, what was my biggest challenge while developing them etc. and then they gave me 2 mins to see their website and I need to tell them that what changes I can do or what more I can add to their website to make it more effective. Thenceforth, the technical questions: what is the difference between frame and iframe, what is the mother of all the class in java, what DML and UDL and questions to improve their website. I did pretty well in the interview. I gave almost all the answers at the best I can. There is no response from their side after an interview.

Interview Questions

• HR told me that interviewers will ask me questions related to only java, so, I was prepared for java but it was unexpected that they asked me question from every where like HTML, CSS, Database and Java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Saw the job opening on LinkedIn and directly contacted the recruiter. Got a response from him for a behavioral interview and scheduled for a technical interview. Technical interview was for 1 hr two teams half hour each. Questions related to object oriented Java concepts and linked list simple algos. After the interview got call for onsite. Onsite was for 4 hrs, started with half hour HR and other 5 rounds were technical. Only the first round was grilling, remaining rounds were chilled. 3 teams interviewed me as there were 3 openings, one in each team.
    Got response from them after a week.

Interview Questions

• All were easy.
      Find middle element in a LL in one iteration.
      JAVA oops concepts. Final,static etc.
      Write any recursion that you know.
      etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, they are negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

1st round: HR screening. 2nd round: Tech phone interview. 3rd round: on-site.
    After phone interview I waited about 1 month to proceed to the on-site round. HR just kept saying: still waiting for feedback.
    No algorithm questions during the entire process, which made me confused.
    The interview was not so difficult, but i just didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Impl a stack using a queue; multi-thread related questions; Design patterns; etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Forget where I submit my resume, got a call from the HR Manager. Followed up with 1 hours phone interview with the hiring manager after one week, then came to office for onsite group interview with the team and 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. The whole interview process went very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Some tech questions in front end web development, java, javascript, css etc.., MVC pattern and the recommendations to current Priceline.com website, most questions are open questions, no algorithm, in general, not very hard interview, just tell what you know and think   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Involved a Google Hangout with a developer. Was asked to do a live jsfiddle using jQuery. After the video screen, came in and met with other developers and an Engineering Manager.

Interview Questions

• What does a modulo operator do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate salary slightly.