Priceline.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Brett Keller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • In my interview process, I was told about the warm work culture and priority for work-life balance that exists at Priceline (in 29 reviews)

• Motivated People, Healthy work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of COO is driving upper management to lose focus on what happens to the customer dollars once they make it in the door (in 6 reviews)

• So happy that I am no longer there (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Surprisingly Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Priceline.com feels like it’s turning the corner and starting to move forward. It has changed a lot over the past year and I like the direction. Senior management is trying to change the culture to be faster moving and more demanding. It’s hard, but rewarding.

Cons

Resources can be scarce. I often feel that we are understaffed. Expectations are reasonable though I wish we had more people.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for growth and be open to testing out of the status quo. Invest where it makes sense. Develop an employee recognition program so that overperforming employees get recognized broadly - that is missing today.

2. "Manager, Facilities"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at Priceline for the past 10 years, under 3 Leadership teams, and can truthfully say that the current one is exceptionally professional and changing the culture for the better. The implementation of goals and objectives, factored in with technical teams to work better together, is an improvement over the previous method of working individually and the credit goes to our CEO and the professional P&C senior VP and her staff. There is now accountability for all of us and our targets are being met. I am thoroughly impressed with this company and its future.

Cons

There are no Cons. This Company, although large in size, provides many amenities not provided by competing Companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Change is going to make this Company even better and more profitable. This Company has a "heart for its Employees"

3. "Wonderful team to work with"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

-Great team members and coworkers that love working toward a common goal

Cons

-Politics can be hard to navigate to achieve success

4. "Very smart, very friendly company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Priceline for less than a year. In my interview process, I was told about the warm work culture and priority for work-life balance that exists at Priceline. You never know! But I have found that to be even more impressive than it was described. It is a company that is very data-focused - the data dictates the decisions that are made, in almost every instance. This means that everyone works with a shared set of facts. Management is interpersonally very warm and there's a sense that teams are working together toward shared goals, versus in fiefdoms and competing teams. Expectations are certainly high, but the culture I am experiencing makes them more reachable. This is proving to be a very enjoyable place to work. And getting home at a normal hour is a pleasure I haven't experienced for some time.

Cons

The food situation is only ok, but a small price to pay.

"Sad for them, should have thought it thru"

Former Employee - Hotel in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Hotel in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, building offers nice social environments, CEO update is great-keeps the employees in the know and feels genuine. Summer Friday early leave appreciated.

Cons

The project with agoda was a terrible choice in which ruined many opportunities for the company and employees. Decision was not thought thru especially regarding the people within the organization.
    CS is arrogant and will always pick favorites.

Pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Take a pulse if your employees and if you are not acting on feedback then shame on you. CEO is great and miss him but I pray that the agoda priceline relationship doesn’t kill the entire company because that would be very unfortunate.

"Once a great company has devolved into chaos"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The stock price (Booking Holdings), to which priceline.com contributes very little. And the only people who really benefit from it are those at the top. The annual stock "grants" to the rest are hardly enough to keep people there, especially given the mediocre pay.

Cons

The CEO, CFO and CTO all have no clue and rule with an iron fist. You are either part of their "inner circle" (which being a member of the CEO's religion is a real plus), or your days are numbered. Opportunities for strong women don't exist. HR has been stripped of any competence, with nearly 100% attrition in the past 18 months. Don't bother bringing any original ideas, they'll be shot down or used with no credit given (other than by management). The recent change of the stock symbol is a glimpse into the future. Priceline.com will eventually fold up into Booking.com and be gone, other than the sales force. The closing of their flagship product of "Name your own price" in air and rental cars show that innovation is lost. The best days of priceline.com are behind it. If there were an ability to rate a "zero" on the areas I rated a "one", I would.

Advice to Management

Glen, you took over just over a year ago. By now you should know that the only possibility you have of saving priceline.com is to get rid of the CEO, CFO and CTO and TRY to find a way to salvage what innovation is left. Otherwise, just be honest with us and tell us what everyone already knows. Priceline.com's best days are behind us and we all should prepare for the inevitable that most of us will be out of a job when the doors close on this once great, iconic travel brand.

7. "PriceLine"

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

Location is hard to reach because of traffic.

"Be careful if you're considering a job in Technology"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are kind, intelligent people who believe in Priceline still working here

Cons

The CTO is a bully. If you disagree with him you are flagged and eventually fired. If you aren't fired then you are labeled an idiot. The CEO doesn't understand Technology and is incapable of challenging the CTO and helping to make him better. Instead, the CEO worries about the size of a font on the website.

Everyone is afraid to stand up to the CTO and do the right thing. When asked of the CTO why he doesn't have women on his direct team he said he was actively looking to hire a woman of color since that would cover two problems with regards to diversity. He doesn't get it. And, he appears he doesn't want to change. Hiring him is costing Priceline good people.

Advice to Management

Fire/terminate the CTO. By keeping the CTO in place you are showing that you (Leadership Team) support his bullying practices. Very sad. Glenn and the Board should be disappointed.

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck, that's about it.

Cons

Everything.
    The CEO is an empty-headed puppet with Glenn Fogel pulling the strings. He wouldn't know what to do with an original thought if someone handed it to him. He stands up at meetings telling everyone how "wonderful" everything is, when everyone knows that they are not. Not one word about what the company is doing to overcome the struggling areas or changing to improve the organization.

The CTO, who has been there 2 years now, has completely disassembled the technology department, wiped out all job satisfaction that anyone has had, and created an environment where no one wants to be there. I watched as new developers, filled with energy and excitement became beaten down and discouraged, leaving the company after only 1 year of service. This guy is an inflexible tyrant that doesn't care what anyone on his staff has to say unless it's an "ata-boy boss!". If you're going to work for this idiot, bring plenty of chap stick.

From a company that once had employees happy to be celebrating their 15 year anniversary, to one where most people don't last more than a year, Priceline has become the kind of place any decent talent should avoid like the plague.
    Turn over at Priceline is around 25% on a good year, some times much higher. Most folks still working there are looking for "the perfect job" before leaving, allowing for the rite mix of technology, compensation and work/life balance.

Advice to Management

If the plan is to simply merge everything into Booking, just get it done with and stop screwing with people's lives.

"Avoid at all cost"

Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Smart People to work with, some of the best talents in certain fields
    -Travel perks
    -Good healthcare

Cons

The out of touch management. The nepotism played from the CTO to the directors. The trend of CTO hiring all his personal friends after he fires everyone. The trend of middle tier manager keeps micromanaging and manipulate their team members. No clarity for career advancement, and tons of dead weight people who are reluctant to change and adopt to new technology.

Advice to Management

Fire the CTO and his personal gang. This is not a way to run the corporation. Get rid of the people who constantly refuse to their job and hire people who are talented and professional.