Principal Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Financial Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Principal Financial Group

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty simple and straightforward. It was mainly focused on past work experience. A mix of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer was in a good mood and was very polite. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Different technologies worked on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2020.

Interview

Quick responses and friendly staff. First there was a personality test, then a first round online interview, followed by a second round interview that was mostly behavioral and a technical question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where u struggled to build a relationship with someone you needed to build one with?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Columbus, OH) in December 2019.

Interview

After selection from applications, completed a Hogan Personality Assesment, then did a prerecorded interview. It was very convenient, able to complete it on my own time and could stop and begin again at a later time. I had plenty of time to consider the questions and form my answers and 3 tries to record my response. On-demand support for the actual interview website (Modern Hire) was lacking, however.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict with another person where it was critical you worked together. How did you navigate this relationship?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group in December 2019.

Interview

Personality test first. Online video interview plus a skype interview. They were mostly behavioral, with a fairly easy technical portion. Be sure to know your resume well, and prepare anecdotes in advance.

Interview Questions

• When did you receive unexpected criticism, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in November 2019.

Interview

One hour interviewer. The first 30 minutes was with 2 interviews and the last 30 minutes was with 2 hours interviewers. You can do it in person or a skype call. They talked about Principal and the process. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. Most questions were behavioral questions that asked me about a time I dealt with a certain situation and how I handled it.

Client Implementation Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Initial recorded interview online most questions you could rerecord. There were 2 that you only had one take. Second interview was in person with 2 Sr. managers. they asked more behavioral questions to see how you would fit in the team. They went into more depth on the job description as well.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

Phone Interview with one of the data scientist. Comfortable and very nice. He was willing to listen to everything I said and praised me for my work. One of the best interview I had personally for the internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in October 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for the summer actuarial internship program this fall. I had a 30 minute on-campus interview. I was then invited to Des Moines for an all-day interview. It included a group dinner the night before, 3 30-45 minute interviews with 2 interviewers each, a tour of Principal's campus, and a Q&A session.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have used leadership in your college career?   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA) in October 2019.

Interview

So I applied directly through Principal's website and then about a day or two later I got an email saying I was selected for an on-demand interview. Then about 1 week later I got a phone call saying I was selected for an in-person interview in Des Moines. I ended up getting declined like 2 months later after I thought the interview went very well and was perfect fit for it.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale 1-10 how proficient you are in (HTML, CSS, JavaScript)   Answer Question

Group Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Principal Financial Group.

Interview

The first interview was a virtual interview. There were 12 questions. The first few allowed multiple attempts to record. For the last couple, a question was asked then I was allowed 30 seconds to prepare and it started recording. Passed to the second round and have a phone interview coming up.