Professional Security Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Professional Security Consultants

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Trumbull, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Short and Quick. They bring you into the office and ask you questions regarding the application you submitted to make sure all of your information is correct and they know how many hours you decide to work. They'll ask you questions regarding certain situations you may come across while working.

Interview Questions

• What type of previous security experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

inadequate, with the appearance of professionalism. Management really has an ability to feign a professional demeanor and that they represent a reputable company. However, Professional Security CONsultants provides little more than security theater for the locations that they contract with. What management was upfront about is that the job is VERY laid back, however what they are dishonest about is that they offer flexibility when it comes to scheduling. They simply bait as many people into the job as possible and seem to hope to find people that are naive enough to stick with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? (Thinking about how to screw this new hire.)   1 Answer
    • Are you human?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The feign a willingness to be flexible, however anyone considering employment with this company should be aware that your supervisor engages in predatory and deceptive interview tactics and displays a demeanor of accommodation, that however is an outright lie and they WILL most certainly try and screw you over if they manage to get you to accept an offer of employment.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massapequa, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Massapequa, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

ask you questions about yourself and job requirements , drug test . one interview , by two persons . Started a few days later . not a pressured interview

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Interview

basiclly just makes sure that you're human and hires you. There was like no 'what would you do' questions. Some peeople looked like hippies or wore basketball shorts and still got hired.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was directly hired by the director due to past law enforcement experiences. There was not much of an interview process for my case. So I am not sure what will be the questions asked for interviews but I can guess based on basic interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted a Application online via there site, Process took about two weeks, One Day i get a Call from there Human Resources on the weekend asking if i wanted to come in for a interview I said sure why not. I've went to the interview the next day which was a Sunday and the interview started mines lasted about 30 min tops and went home afterwards since they were still deciding on who to hire. I got a call back within a hour i came home saying if i can come back to the office that way i can start my training and complete some paperwork . That process took about 3 hours maximum but was paid for the time . I was introduced to my new co-workers and everyone was welcoming and willing to offer assistance whenever needed. Oh i forgot to mention that my interview was a one on one.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing within 5 years ?   1 Answer

Assistant Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an e-mail soliciting for an open position from the Director of Security at Westfield Promenade mall in Woodland Hills. I replied with my interest to learn more of the position and soon received a phone call from him. Set it up and made the drive out there. I had to wait another 25 minutes due to his other interview going over.

Overheard many of the security guards talk about how they slammed some guy onto the ground and they were laughing about it. A bit unprofessional but understandable due to their age/experience but dually noted.

When I finally went in to interview I sat down with the Director and Assistant Director. I asked if I could take notes and the Director snidely remarked that they would be the ones taking notes. OK. Not sure if he was joking but I quickly realized he was not. They went over some "general details" of the position which to me was not very informative at all. I was asked about myself and began speaking about myself and experience. Immediately the Director seemed a bit distracted, as he was on and off of his phone texting and fiddling with papers on the file cabinet behind him. The Assistant Director seemed to listen and answered most of my questions as to why the position was opened, etc.

After the Director appeared to have finished what was keeping him distracted he asked if I had any questions about the position, which I had several. After asking the second or third question he once again snidely remarks, "What is the deal? This feels like you are interviewing us and not the other way around!" I explain that I must ensure that the position is a great fit for me as much as he must consider if I am good fit as well. By then I quickly decided this was not the job for me. I was then told what the salary was ($25,000) which was a joke. I shook hands with the Assistant Director and noticed that the Director did not reach out to shake my hand. I left and wrote it off as very bad interview experience.

Interview Questions

• This whole interview was awful. I never wanted to run out of an interview in my entire life. It took everything in my professional mind and wits to keep it cool. I mentioned my salary up front in the initial phone interview and was told that my salary could be met. That was a lie.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Interview

Applied in person, job was mine as soon as I even asked for an application so we had more of a "casual conversation" than an interview. Interviewer was straight forward about job expectations and workplace environment. Conducted background check and driving record check, was training in a matter of 2 days.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a craigslist ad. The following week, I received a somewhat confusing call from one of the managers. He had assumed that this was the only job I applied to and didn't mention the name of the company and hung up before I could get a word in. He just gave me a date and time. I called back and got the company name. I went in twice. The first time I spoke to the man from the phone. This was not an interview, but rather him giving me an overview of the company. He told me I would be called back for another interview. I got the call and a few days later I was back in their lobby. This time there was another gentlemen who appeared to be interviewing as well. My future boss entered and took me to her office for the interview. It was brief and a few hours after I got home I received the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you can do this job.   1 Answer

P S C Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very unprofessional. For the first 5 months each check I had I had to use for equipment. Anything to uniforms to first aid kits. I spent over 500 bucks on the job alone. It took me a while to pay off since the pay is beyond poor.

Negotiation

Poor. I only took the job cause I needed one. I will quit this company soon once I line something else up