Proofpoint Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Proofpoint Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Call with the manager which gave me an brief overview and scheduled the next call.

Then another call with director of engineering asking simple technical questions

Then in person interview which i am waiting for

Interview Questions

• What were some difficulties with the language you are most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Proofpoint

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interview consists of 3 rounds:
    1) Unofficial call from an HR, mostly about your availability and your previous working experience.
    2) A scheduled call from a manager about your experience, projects, and some simple technical questions.
    3) A scheduled on-site interview with multiple engineers and managers for around 2 hours. Learn the company workflow and projects from them. Will be tested on lots of non trivial technical problems including conceptual questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: I was asked to talk about my last internship experience and the projects that I involved. There are some behavior questions, but no technical questions.
    2. Onsite Interview: I had interviews with four employees. 3 of them are engineers/developers, and one of them is a staff manager. None of the interviews are technical, most of the questions are related to what I wrote on the Resume. The whole interview process is pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• If you have the "super power" to add a new feature into your preferred language, what would that feature be?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a initial phone call, then i was called onsite after two weeks, the onsite was good. But i did not hear back from them since a long time. The recruiter does not even reply to my emails.

I would rate the onsite experience : 8/10

I would rate the phone interview experience : 8/10

But after interview experience : 2/10

I never got reply to my emails. Not even once!!!! Very rude!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

1. Phone screen.
    2. Panel of 4 interviewers

After the panel interview nobody got back to me until I followed up myself in 2 weeks. The answer was that the position I applied for had been repurposed to some other team.

Given the amount of time I spent on phone screen, driving to their office and stress associated with the interview it was very frustrating to hear that the position was not even available. So I consider my experience as a negative one.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen with basic questions on core java, difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable and onsite interview

Interview Questions

• difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

got interview, phone screened, then went onsite, meet 5 people, 1 of them is manager. the engineers gave a question to solve. the problem difficulty is medium.

Interview Questions

• write code the navigate a matrix , from outside to the center.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes. make sure you have other offer when you negotiate with this company.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

No nonsense process

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Proofpoint in August 2010.

Interview

The recruiter who contacted me was very nice and helpful. He set up a phone screen for me with the hiring manager. He said to expect a standard 30-45 minute session.

The hiring manager called me about 15 minutes late, seemed to be very distracted. Spoke for about 10 minutes, and said he will arrange for an on-site interview.

I never heard from him again. I contacted the recruiter, who also said he had not received a feedback from the manager. He spoke to him and let me know he decided to go with someone else.

Overall, I think it was very irresponsible on their part to not follow up, and make a decision based on a hurried, 10 minute conversation

Interview Questions

• What Java collection would you use to store a million strings   Answer Question