Proofpoint Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Proofpoint CEO Gary L. Steele
Gary L. Steele

Pros
  • The culture here is also great, as there is definitely a work/life balance that my Manager abides by (in 8 reviews)

• Great people, great culture, lots of room to expand career (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • With a growing company comes growing pains at times, no 401K match (in 15 reviews)

• No 401K match in the benefits offering (in 11 reviews)

"4.5 stars."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast, fast growth, 30%+ per year
    Management team has taken the company from zero to 5th largest security company in the world.
    Opportunities to get your hands dirty in all sorts of things
    good work life balance (in most departments).
    Above average comp
    Company takes very good care of it's people.
    Products actually work, and work better than the competitors.
    Company has cleared out a lot of deadwood management.

Cons

Some departments better than others
    No 401k match
    Large-company experience and politics are creeping in, some favoritism.

Advice to Management

Just go faster. This is the time to take market share and build something legendary. There are some weak departments, you know where they are...fix them. Give people the mentoring and training to enhance their career. Prioritize projects better - peanut-butter spreading resources across projects isn't the way to go.

"Low point of my great career"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Proofpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growth, great customer base, cyber security is hot, decent pay, saw some progress the last year I worked there.

Cons

Retention and culture is an issue. Beware of nepotism, politics, egos with no merit and stale leadership team. Benefits and fringe are weak. Sadly, first time I worked with low EQ colleagues. A lot of negative energy and a lot of people quitting or managed out.

Advice to Management

New blood. Improve culture, hire true talent not friends and family.

3. "Proofpoint - Best Experience I've Had in YEARS!"

Current Employee - Backline Product Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Backline Product Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview, hiring, and on-boarding processes were AWESOME! Everyone here thus far have been great and very eager to help. I really enjoy how employees are allowed to attend in-house Training to learn the products. Management here really care about their employees, and encourage career growth and advancement! The culture here is also great, as there is definitely a work/life balance that my Manager abides by. Since I am considered a workaholic, my direct Manager ensures I have "me" time by asking "Do you need a day or two, just because? Let me know".

I highly recommend getting onboard with Proofpoint if you can, as the atmosphere here is very down-to-earth, and homelike. I actually enjoy coming to work again, instead of thinking "here we go again, another day, another headache".

Cons

There are no Cons so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Great Company & Good Work Culture."

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology, good product, great work culture and work environment, good work life balance and very good managers.

Cons

No 401K match in the benefits offering.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the results are good. Keep the culture going.

6. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Mid Enterprise Account Manager in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Mid Enterprise Account Manager in Draper, UT

I worked at Proofpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products work as expected, industry leader in email and data protection. Ease of evaluations and quick to deploy make it easy to show the value.

Cons

Upper management only focuses on becoming a 'billion dollar company'. Majority of clients have the core products, not many clients need the peripheral services. This was a sales job hidden behind an account manager title. Clients are becoming more price conscious, while PFPT is extremely expensive, getting tough to justify value.

7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Strong HQ Leadership, Great Value Service. Multiple Products, Growing Security Market. Opportunity to continue lead the SaaS market. Good Press coverage.

Cons

Too many sales layers for opportunity base, not enough investment in local marketing, BDR and User Community. Core market is commoditized and product differentiation from major players is shrinking. Declining opportunity to overachieve.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in value based selling. Streamline number of Sales Teams selling into Field Accounts. Look for ways to differentiate from MS, Cisco and Symantec. Promote from within to retain top talent. There has been a significant exodus from the Co. over the last couple of years at all levels.

8. "Horrible IT Department"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Proofpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to get exposure to technology and implement solutions to internal employee base. Great stock disbursement pattern.

Feel super relieved having left.

Cons

IT department just went south. The level of support provided has been on a steady two year decline. There is no vacation or time off provided to most team members while others get special treatment. IT management style is horrible and they do not provide a growth plan.

No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and respect their skills. The current method of management obviously isn't working as very talented team members have left.

9. "Depends on the teams you work with"

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back
    Flexible time
    can't think of anything else

Cons

depends on the team you work with:
    managers/ leads can be egoist
    does not know how to respect other team members, even humiliate team members infront of others
    Managers don't even know your careers goals - you are supposed to do whatever they order you without asking questions
    biggest mistake in my career!!

"Great Company, Good Compensation, Perks Need Work"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Proofpoint makes it a focus to hire great people. This makes for a fun, engaging, and professional environment that drives success.The company is in high growth mode which makes for some exciting innovations and acquisitions. No PTO accrual makes one feel more like an adult - as long as the work is getting done no one bothers you.The products are widely considered the best in the market. They are required at most companies, so the sales conversations are easier to have. Easy to buy in to what Proofpoint is doing. New Senior Management is really making a difference and pushing new initiatives.

Cons

Communication is hard in a high growth company. Changes happen often and are sometime unexplained. There seems, at times, to be a disconnect between the executive leadership and the front line as far as priorities and goals. No 401K match is really the only hole in the benefits offering. The incentive budgets are meager or non-existent but getting better.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people with added benefits and perks. Implement some more "Silicon Valley" tech trends like incentives, branded swag, etc. This makes everyone feel more a part of the brand.

"Great place to work. Fantastic product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Pros

Fantastic product! a little more pricy, but definitely top of it's industry. CEO is a great leader. Work environment is great as well.

Cons

Harder to keep their better employees around. Need to pay a little bit more. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Work on those cons, and it would be the best place to work at.