Proofpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Proofpoint Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

There were two main rounds of interview - first a phone interview and then four onsite interviews back-to-back. For this position, the interviews were not especially difficult and the interviewers were all friendly. I was given ample opportunity to talk myself up and the conversation was very two sided, allowing me to ask as many questions as I could think of.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Call with the manager which gave me an brief overview and scheduled the next call.

Then another call with director of engineering asking simple technical questions

Then in person interview which i am waiting for

Interview Questions

• What were some difficulties with the language you are most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interview consists of 3 rounds:
    1) Unofficial call from an HR, mostly about your availability and your previous working experience.
    2) A scheduled call from a manager about your experience, projects, and some simple technical questions.
    3) A scheduled on-site interview with multiple engineers and managers for around 2 hours. Learn the company workflow and projects from them. Will be tested on lots of non trivial technical problems including conceptual questions.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

I received an email request to arrange time to chat about the role. My name was misspelled. I replied (the same day) with my availability for that same week. He didn't reply to my email so we didn't schedule a phone call.

Two days later, I received a missed call and a voicemail, then an email following the voicemail. The interviewer said in the voicemail that there was a cancellation for a timeslot two hours later (same day) and wanted to see if I was available. (And side note, he said he was looking to schedule me for the next day Friday. I'm not sure why he said that if he never replied to my email.) He sent a calendar invite, so I confirmed the appointment by accepting it.

Two hours later when it was time for the phone interview, I didn’t receive a phone call. I waited a few minutes before calling him, and he said he thought it was for tomorrow. Then he said he will call me back. And he did. During the phone interview, he gave a lot of details about the role, and asked me about 3 questions.

When I asked him questions, he would either give a quick answer or not answer it at all, and instead repeat the details of the roles again which didn’t answer my questions. And I already heard all of it before.

One of the questions I asked was ‘when would I hear back about the next steps?’ and he would ignore it and repeat the job details. Then he would ask if I had any more questions, and I would repeat my question. And he says, ‘oh yeah, I knew there was a question.’ And he would say ‘by end of the day tomorrow.’ And he then asked for my availability for the next week. I said I would email him.

He emphasized that it is very important to give a positive candidate experience. Throughout the entire interview, he kept talking about how stressful and busy the job and environment is. And towards the end of the phone call, he quickly adds that the employees also has fun too, but he didn’t elaborate.

The next end of business day arrived and I didn’t hear back from him. I sent him my availability for the next week, and he never responded. It was a bad candidate experience. He didn’t follow through on the day he said he would get back to me, and he was very unorganized.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: I was asked to talk about my last internship experience and the projects that I involved. There are some behavior questions, but no technical questions.
    2. Onsite Interview: I had interviews with four employees. 3 of them are engineers/developers, and one of them is a staff manager. None of the interviews are technical, most of the questions are related to what I wrote on the Resume. The whole interview process is pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• If you have the "super power" to add a new feature into your preferred language, what would that feature be?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Call screening initially with HR.
    Call screening with Manager.
    Full day with back to back 1 on 1 meetings with all stakeholders. Including lunch that was preordered.

Nice atmosphere in the office.
    Very welcoming process and people.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First there was a call with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a live in person interview with several engineering and product people including Sr VPs of each. Two of the interviews were over video conference. Overall this company has formalized the interview process very well indeed. Most interviewers had read my resume and had specific questions on my experience. They were courteous and adapted the interview based on ability. The lunch panel with engineers was awesome and informal. I got a good sense for the high caliber of the team.

There were some exceptions to the points above where some interviewers were not courteous and focussed on their laptops instead of the interviewee. Some coaching maybe required for new managers or people that have clearly not interviewed others in the past. I hope they will fix this else they stand to lose cream of the valley which they deserve but botch with such gatekeepers.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing I can't know from your resume that you think makes you the right fit for this job?   Answer Question
    • User experience focused case analysis   Answer Question
    • Basic spanning tree traversal   Answer Question

Director of Service Reliability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with about 10 different people mostly peers and next level Mangers. was spread over 4 different days and over almost 10 hours, over a period of More than a month.

In the end did not get any acknowledgement or any response; complete radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario based questions regarding Management of people/team, projects, cross functional dependencies. asked for example for various situations in my past experience.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

3 official rounds - 1 unofficial round.
    Very straight forward. If you study well, this shouldn't be any harder. They asked me to do something specific on the side as well, which I thought was really cool. Overall, great process

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really a question, and this wasn't hard, just asked to do something specific related to the team I'd be working for   1 Answer

Collections Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Proofpoint in July 2016.

Interview

Not much of one - a phone call after initial resume submission online - asked about history briefly - seemed excited to continue process - stated would get back in the next day or two to set up continued interview protocol and was looking to actually get this started effective in early to mid August. In typical Bay Area fashion there was no call back, no e-mail, no phone call even if it was to advise that the process was no longer moving forward. Nothing! This could be a great indicator as to how you could be treated internally.

Interview Questions

• What's going on to make you want to leave your current job? There were no actual questions about created policies or procedures that created positive results in cash flow, reduction of DSO or customer retention.   1 Answer