Proofpoint Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 206 of over 206 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Proofpoint

Application

I interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview

I was invited to attend a sales virtual information session which was super helpful to ask questions, and see what sales leadership in the company has to say. However, after applying, once the recruiter found out I was unemployed (lost my job due to Covid), suddenly they weren't interested. So much for diversity when you don't want to hire the unemployed who can and want to work for you.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background?
    Answer Question

Proofpoint

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview

PhoneScreen Take home task OnSite 3-4 hours. One interviewer was rude, rest of them were friendly. If the rudeness was not artificially setup for the interview then it will be an interesting experience to work with such a person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Proofpoint

Application

I interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview

3 steps. Recruiter, Co-Worker Panel, Manager. Solid questions. Searching for intrinsic drive, motivation, and general knowledge about industry. Sales experience is nearly a must. Co-working panel asking more specifics of last position. Why you are looking to transition. Whats your goal here?

Interview Questions
  • Why Sales? Why proofpoint? Why cybersecurity? Why did you major in what you did? What do you know about Proofpoint?

Proofpoint

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Proofpoint in May 2021

Interview

I just have to say your sales recruiters are exceptional recruiters and Proofpoint is lucky to have them. They seem to have a lot of knowledge about PP..more than most recruiters. They are an excellent face of the company.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my security background, sales processes, what drives me to close deals, forecasting, prospecting...Out of all of the people I interviewed with, they got me the most excited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2021

Interview

I interviewed with the Manager of the Renewals team and that went well. My 2nd round was with 2 other managers and a peer. They were all telling me I would have to work early mornings, nights, weekends and on vacation would be good too. They asked me the same very broad questions. The time of my interviewed changed. I was not notified so I ended up being late and apparently they thought that meant I wasn't up for all the hard work required. I was suppose to Interview the peer. He interviewed me instead.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Proofpoint

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview

The process was chaotic. I had several phone screens and had a two hour technical grilling. I was told I passed. But I got no more interviews and was then later told they had gone with another candidate. Based on LinkedIn, they hired a white male. The company clearly struggles with hiring diversity candidates in the Sales org.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Washington, DC) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was a terrific process with excellent and encouraging recruiters. The recruiters were very organized and put a great amount of effort into ensuring I was well prepared for the formal interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your selling approach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Whole process took almost 3 months. Interviews were quickly scheduled but final feedback took 4 weeks. 1- Tech Recruiter call 2- Hiring Manager 3- Sr TAM 4- another Sr TAM 5- US Director plus US Manager (counterparts) 6- Hiring Manager plus Sr Dir Support --> presentation I was pleased with the whole process and the people I met were friendly and professional. Although I haven't got the job offer this time, I will surely keep Proofpoint in mind for another opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • General Linux and SMTP questions for tech assessment.
  • Presentation around what benefits and values a TAM brings.
  • General questions on past experience.

Proofpoint

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview

The process was thorough with several touchpoints. The recruiter did a fantastic job touching base without me throughout the process, especially because there was a short delay with the holidays. I met with the recruiter, hiring manager, department head, HRBPs, and the L&D team, and also did a demo training session. While the process was a bit long, it's not unusual for this type of role and comparable to my experiences with other companies.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this role? What experience do you have with virtual training? What LMS experience do you have?

Proofpoint

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview

6 entretiens divers : RH, Responsable commercial, Responsable avant vente, Country manager France, directeur du channel européen... Une présentation complète intégrant un 30/60/90, ainsi que la démonstration de son plus beau succès commercial !

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 206 Interviews