Proofpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2018

2.8

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Followed by an in person interview with 3 managers and potential co-worker. No feedback regarding job even after 1 week. I eventually realized no offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• How soon should performance testing begin as part of a sprint progression?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

1. Phone screen.
    2. Panel of 4 interviewers

After the panel interview nobody got back to me until I followed up myself in 2 weeks. The answer was that the position I applied for had been repurposed to some other team.

Given the amount of time I spent on phone screen, driving to their office and stress associated with the interview it was very frustrating to hear that the position was not even available. So I consider my experience as a negative one.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen with basic questions on core java, difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable and onsite interview

Interview Questions

• difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

No nonsense process

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

got interview, phone screened, then went onsite, meet 5 people, 1 of them is manager. the engineers gave a question to solve. the problem difficulty is medium.

Interview Questions

• write code the navigate a matrix , from outside to the center.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes. make sure you have other offer when you negotiate with this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a initial phone call, then i was called onsite after two weeks, the onsite was good. But i did not hear back from them since a long time. The recruiter does not even reply to my emails.

I would rate the onsite experience : 8/10

I would rate the phone interview experience : 8/10

But after interview experience : 2/10

I never got reply to my emails. Not even once!!!! Very rude!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Phone screen by HR, followed by phone interview with the department you applied to, followed by in person interview if you make it past the others. Whole process was fairly quick, took about two or three weeks

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview: you’ll have 1 phone interview with the hiring manager to talk about cultural fit, and been given a great understanding on the position detail through hiring manager.

If you pass phone interview, you’ll move to the onsite interviews. You’re likely to have 4-6 interviews during the day.
    The questions you’ll be asked during onsite interviews will include both technical questions and behavioral questions. There will one round for system design question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied for a new grad position. First talked with an engineering leader who liked me and liked what I had to say, so I moved on to the next round, which was a take home programming question, and then they expand upon that in the form of phone call. After the call (which went well), they basically went radio silent for over a month. About a month later, after I had emailed, they called me and told me that I had "though the interview went well, we have decided to move on with other candidates", and then they hung up immediately while I was thanking them for their time. What a garbage, mediocre company. Their HR employees are beyond disrespectful and rude.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on SJSU Handshake (college career portal) and received a random phone call a couple weeks later. Luckily, I wasn't in class so I was able to answer it. It was a mini-on-the-spot interview asking why I wanted to work there, what I would be able to contribute, and if I was familiar with the job description. The recruiter seemed satisfied with my answers so I was given a phone screening for the week after.

The phone screening was about an hour long. The hiring manager asked me about my previous experience and projects and asked some basic algorithm and data structure questions. A few days later, I received a call from a recruiter informing me I was moving forward in the interviewing process. We scheduled an on-site bulk-interviewing day for the week after.

There were 4 interviews with 4 different engineers. Each interviewer asked about my previous experience and projects and gave me some sort of whiteboard question. It all went smoothly. The whole process took around 3 hours. The recruiter was quick to respond to emails and was able to answer all my questions. Got an offer a couple weeks later.