Proofpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Boston, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process at Proofpoint was seamless and I contribute this to the excellent recruiter I worked with, Rene Rosado, who is not only efficient at his job but a joy to work with. He continually kept me informed of the process. When I received a job offer with another company but informed Rene that Proofpoint was the company I wanted to work for, Rene was able to speed up the interview process making it possible for me to work at Proofpoint after receiving an offer. The interview process involved an interview with a recruiter, the solutions architect manager, the manager of advanced technology, and then an interview with a solutions architect. I appreciated the well thought out questions posed by the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Knowing the acronym vocabulary used in SOCs. Strengths/weaknesses. What are you reading right now and what is your favorite book?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, followed by interview with hiring manager, and then followed by interviews with 2 other data scientists. Process took longer as it was nearing the end of the year and people were on leave.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (New York, NY).

Interview

Sad to say that the ghosting trend has extended to this company. After a positive phone interview with great feedback at the end, I was told I'd hear back in a week. I followed up once with no response, then again a few days later. Now two weeks later and the recruiter is still MIA. Guess this is another company to strike from my list, if this is how they choose to treat applicants.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint in June 2020.

Interview

Red Flag #1: I applied to their Named Account Manager position two months before hearing back from the recruiter.

Red Flag #2: Their recruiter/interviewer cancelled on my within an hour of the interview and said they would send me additional times to reschedule.

Red Flag #3: Their recruiter never called/emailed back after they cancelled on me. Thanks for wasting my time Proofpoint.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for initial screening, followed by Zoom interview with upper management for about half hour. Second round with the team half hour each person. Sent follow up emails, but no reply. A week later, still nothing. It’s ok because I already accepted an offer at another company. Not surprised I didn’t hear back (not even a courtesy note) based on other reviews posted in here.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenging situation where you successfully overcame.   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Recruiter called me without heads up and ask if I'm still interested in the position. The first round with Hiring Manager, the second and third round to do take home and discuss the report with another team leads. Both team leads are pretty professional and nice, they ask good questions. The previous round run pretty well, I was contacted by the recruiter. Recruiter again called me without heads up and ask my current visa status. I'm H1b holder and it can be easily transferred from my current visa status, the recruiter sounds not familiar with H1b cap-exempt. After one day, I was told they move forward other candidates. From my view, it's just an excuse since I believe my previous round goes extremely well, it's good enough to ask me to the final round. I want to warn people to need visa or GC sponsorship in the futuer to think twice before applying. They can fail you due to visa status.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Medium difficulty questions, easy to talk to, convenient setup, pleasant experience, algorithms and programming questions, questions about resume, project experience, javascript, sql, python related questions, explained their product and business model

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Proofpoint has a very good interview process. Everything starts with the recruiter.
    After the recruiter I talked to the hiring manager to make sure we are on the same page what the job would require. After talking the the hiring manager you'll go through a technical screening which was basic email and network security questions. After this you'll talk to other team members before you get invited to visit their campus.
    The onsite interview is great. You'll present the solution via some homemade slides and answer question in a mock meeting. Very helpful to understand what you get ask in the job as well as it shows the team how you respond.
    After this I only quickly synced with the hiring mangers manager to make sure we are a good fit for each other.
    That's pretty much it. Not too difficult if you know your stuff.
    The recruiter was really outstanding on this one and always kept me in the loop and answered questions instantly

Interview Questions

• basic questions about security   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (San Jose, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

9 interviews - 3 video and 6 in person + a 45 min presentation. Interviews I felt went well and feedback was very positive but then...crickets. Sent a couple of follow up emails …absolutely nothing...ever.

Interview Questions

• Some strategic questions, some tactical   2 Answers

Sales Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Although the role did not end up working out for me, I cannot express how excellent of a recruiting experience it was working with Rene Rosado at Proofpoint. In every interaction, he was open, candid, friendly, and professional. In my career, I have never worked with a recruiter as great as Rene. He's an invaluable asset to Proofpoint.

Interview Questions

• Not coming from the cybersecurity space, how would you go about getting yourself ramped up on the solutions and industry?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

1. Call from recruiter
    2. Zoom interview (technical) with developer
    3. Call with hiring manager
    4. OnSite
    In the OnSite I got to meet with different developers/qa/managers. 45min each round 5 rounds.
    People were very nice, and manager seemed also very nice.

I received a very competitive offer, but at the end decided to go with an offer I got from a fruit company ;) as the benefits there were better.