Proofpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Proofpoint Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2018

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later was emailed by the recruiter to set-up a phone screen. It seemed to go well and she wanted to set-up the next interview with the hiring manager. I sent over my availability and never heard from the recruiter again. I reached out two additional times because I understand things happen.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied for a new grad position. First talked with an engineering leader who liked me and liked what I had to say, so I moved on to the next round, which was a take home programming question, and then they expand upon that in the form of phone call. After the call (which went well), they basically went radio silent for over a month. About a month later, after I had emailed, they called me and told me that I had "though the interview went well, we have decided to move on with other candidates", and then they hung up immediately while I was thanking them for their time. What a garbage, mediocre company. Their HR employees are beyond disrespectful and rude.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on SJSU Handshake (college career portal) and received a random phone call a couple weeks later. Luckily, I wasn't in class so I was able to answer it. It was a mini-on-the-spot interview asking why I wanted to work there, what I would be able to contribute, and if I was familiar with the job description. The recruiter seemed satisfied with my answers so I was given a phone screening for the week after.

The phone screening was about an hour long. The hiring manager asked me about my previous experience and projects and asked some basic algorithm and data structure questions. A few days later, I received a call from a recruiter informing me I was moving forward in the interviewing process. We scheduled an on-site bulk-interviewing day for the week after.

There were 4 interviews with 4 different engineers. Each interviewer asked about my previous experience and projects and gave me some sort of whiteboard question. It all went smoothly. The whole process took around 3 hours. The recruiter was quick to respond to emails and was able to answer all my questions. Got an offer a couple weeks later.

Corporate Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I had very strange, and a very unprofessional experience with Proofpoint. I'm not sure what happened, but, it was the most unprofessional experience I have had in my career.

I applied for their Corporate Sales Account Executive position in the fall of 2017. Shortly after I applied, I received an email from them asking if I could do a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager at a certain day and time, and of course, I confirmed that day and time and received a calendar invite. The day came, and I was ready for the intersview call. I waited for 15 minutes, but no call. I checked my email, but, nothing there. I hadn't received any communication as to the reason for the missed interview.

I understand that things happen, but, not to be informed of a problem or need to change the appointment I couldn't understand. So, I sent an email inquiry to the girl who had scheduled the interview and received a reply saying that the hiring manager took a trip and that they will contact to reschedule the appointment. That never happened. In fact, the next time I heard from them was today, Jan. 23, 2018 with a form email thanking me for my interest, but, after close review of my resume there were other candidates that more closely matched the needs of the position, yadayadayada,

I have never been treated so unprofessionally than I was by this group. You should consider how bad you need a job before submitting yourself to this treatment.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Followed by an in person interview with 3 managers and potential co-worker. No feedback regarding job even after 1 week. I eventually realized no offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• How soon should performance testing begin as part of a sprint progression?   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint in September 2017.

Interview

Had one round of phone interview with some system design questions and REST API. After this went well, went for the on-site interview. Complete BS. One abhorrent Architect, extremely rude, would cut every little thing I tried to say, claiming he wanted to save time for my benefit. He asked a typical sort question, "limited RAM, humongous data set, how do you sort". Looks like he was predetermined to mess with me and the conversation went nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Sort X amount of data on a system with Y CPUs and X/10 RAM   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

I first spoke with the HR/incumbent; it was supposed to be an hour long call but got cut short to 30 minutes. Interviewer said the phone connection was bad; was fine on my side. He scheduled another half hour, but did not call me back and did not respond to my email. Seems similar to othet candidate's experience below.

It is just a bad candidate experience; do let the candidate know if you cannot attend the call or give some insight as to whether the process stops for any reason.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

What a mess. Someone called me from the sales engineering team after I applied online. I couldn't talk. They asked me to call back at a particular time, didn't answer, and then didn't reply to future attempts to reschedule. The internal recruiter was terrible at replying to emails that she herself had requested. In many cases days went by. Some other guy got involved and I finally talked to someone, who seemed very interested in moving forward. Then the recruiter got back involved saying that someone would call me on two separate occassions, which they never did. It doesn't seem like anyone here has any idea what anyone else is doing. Not a great first impression. After a week or two, I got an email that despite my qualifications they'd gone with a different candidate. The position is still live on Linkedin, and has been for 11 months.

Interview Questions

• We discussed network and mail security generally. No hard technical questions whatsoever.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Processs was straight forward phone call with screener, HR, then on site. Met with HR person seemed like interview was already over as she didn't like my resume and made very clear. Continued on with interview one of the folks mentioned I might want to rethink my decision to want to work there... Left interview feeling positive though about the process but then never heard back...

Interview Questions

• Basic Linux troubleshooting, architecture, security type questions, lots of tell us stories or what you've done previously type questioma   Answer Question

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

"speed date" type format. Very frenzied. After a brief introduction to company, candidates did 3 ten-minute interviews. After interviews were over candidates were able to socialize with Proofpoint current employees. Needed to wait 3+ days to find out if they'd move forward. 10 minutes was not enough time to have a meaningful conversation nor able to get more than 1-2 of my questions answered.