Prosperity Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prosperity Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.5

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank.

Interview

Was not offered an interview, or a chance to apply for other positions within the company based on my credit score. Now my credit score is not terrible, but it is not perfect either as I have student loan debt from educating myself with a bachelor's degree, you know; bettering myself for the corporate world. I am also young, with a short list of credit (haven't had credit very long) and have been applying for jobs since jan, which explains the application for an entry-level teller position that barely pays above minimum wage. Needless to say, I need a job, an opportunity. Considering I have a bachelor's degree with a major in ACCOUNTING, and have 4 years experience as a teller, I am appalled that I was denied ANY sort of employment opportunity with this company based on my credit score. I understand that there are many companies that take your credit score into account when looking for applicants, but it should not be the ONLY basis of getting to the interview process. Horrible business etiquette, and will most likely explain why

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank.

Interview

Applied for the job & about 2 weeks later, I got a call to set up an interview the following week. After the interview, I got another phone call a week or 2 later for a phone interview. I was offered the job the next week after the background & credit check was completed & approved.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked to describe myself & give information about my background & my prior jobs & responsibilities   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank (Abilene, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks. I interviewed with the lobby manager and the teller lead. They literally took turns reading questions off of the sheet of paper and the interview lasted exactly 15 minutes. I felt very awkward and uncomfortable because they were monotone and had no sincere interest in myself for my background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Prosperity Bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. we did more talking that interviewing. I pretty much knew I had the job when we talked about me as a person. My interview went for about an hour or long. I was given a tour of the branch. The parts that was not restricted.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank in July 2014.

Interview

My manager called me about a week and a half after I submitted my resume. She asked me to come for an interview, and I accepted. She was not prepared at all when I arrived. Interview questions were very simple, and she was very polite. The whole thing went smooth. A couple days later, she called to tell me they are just waiting on my background check and I was hired. A week later, she calls again and lets me know how much I'm getting paid and when she needed me. It was all very quick!

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that you will miss the most from your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job & about 2 days later, I got a call to set up an interview the following week. After the interview, I got another phone call a week or 1 later for a phone interview. I was offered the job the next week after the background & credit check was completed & approved.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Prosperity Bank?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Prosperity fffd   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Prospeffffrity Bank?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank in June 2014.

Interview

Formal yet relaxed. The interviewer made sure that the environment was relaxed. I was able to meet the Bank President as well. We reviewed my resume and discussed prior working experiences. Typical interview questions were asked and there was not a lot of pressure to answer specifically. The interviewer maintained great eye contact and smiled the majority of the time which put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that there was a lot of pressure on you at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank (Midland, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day by someone in coporate. I set up an interview date and talked with the branch manager and some other random lady. It was very uncomfortable. They took turns reading questions off of a sheet and asked me lots about my previous cash handling experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple, basic questions. Asked about my schedule and desired pay rate. Also talked about my work history and cash handeling experience. Manager explained the duties of a bank teller and what I would be doing everyday.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prosperity Bank (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Typical questions. Why do you want to work here. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What're your personal goals. There was nothing surprising or refreshing about it. Almost robotic and the manager who hired me seemed very bored as if he didn't know what to ask. Was called the same day to come and to talk about pay. They would not pay the same as previous job which was teller as well.