ProteinSimple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ProteinSimple Interview Questions

Interviews at ProteinSimple

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

1 phone call interview with the lead engineer on the team. His focus was to make sure my background fit the project description and that I would be qualified for the role.

Fas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ProteinSimple (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

unprofessional

Director of Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ProteinSimple in May 2015.

Interview

i applied through linkedin. had a very pleasurable conversation with the hiring manager who suggested that i apply for the director role based on my experience. next, i was set up with the vp of operations for a call not before i was already set up to be flown out to be interviewed on site with the manufacturing team.
    i could tell from the tone of the call with the vp that we were not going to get along. he tried to talk over me, and seemed more interested in telling me about himself instead of me going through my resume and qualifications. at this point i really wondered why he even called to interview me whan all he was doing was talking about himself? he really seemed to have something to prove and a chip on his shoulder. honestly, i think it was simply because of our navy backgrounds. he was a navy nuc and i was in special operations and i really think up until our meeting, he really never had to deal with someone with credentials equal to or greater than his. needless to say, i declined the offer to visit on site. his whole demeanor on the phone screamed "stressed out" . and thats not a good place to be, especially if you are in start up mode in a company. it simply means that you do not know what you are doing.
    the only positive is that i am still in contact with the initial hiring manager as he and i seemed to get along quite well. so who knows what the future may hold in that regard.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ProteinSimple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very focused and to the point. First it is HR, Second Hiring Manager, third boss of hiring manager. They all talk the same language. Very well coordinated and all of them were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• how to do manage your time?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ProteinSimple (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a series of five different people, 3 directly attached to the project that I was eventually working on, and 2 who were more core management at the company. I started off with the man running the project, and got a rundown at the novel concept that they had come up with. It followed up with 2 of the people who were developing the methods and tools, and then the 2 core management who looked more at my past experience and personality.

Interview Questions

• I was frequently asked about my past experiences.   1 Answer

Field Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProteinSimple (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter. They were really nice and asked about my western blot experience and explained it to them. They explained the position responsibility but withheld the company and product details. I was then passed to a senior recruiter who revealed the company and told the position involved western blots. A phone interview was then set-up with the hiring manager for the company. I spoke to him for about 30 minutes and he seemed disinterested in listening and did not engage in the conversation. He then revealed that he was not interested in their western blot products but capillary electrophoresis products. It was a poor experience and the hiring manager was uninterested and rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What happens to your signal in a western blot if you don't use saturating amounts of antibody?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with the company in this position?   1 Answer
    • What can you tell me about a field application scientist?   1 Answer

Applications Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ProteinSimple.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by onsite with 2 members and hiring manager for 45 mins. This was followed by another interview with the hiring
    managers boss. The hiring managers boss said there would be another phone interview and they stopped the process. It’s a very inefficient process requiring multiple days from the applicant. They can easily scheduled few rounds in a day to make the process efficient.

Interview Questions

• Why application scientist over other bench scientist roles?   Answer Question