Provident Funding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Provident Funding

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Provident Funding (Bellevue, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

It is a pretty general interview.
    First you have a phone call interview where they just want to talk to you and see who you are and hear about some of the things you have done and what you are interested in.
    If you passe this, you will reach the actual interview. Why you want to work for them, what are your strengths, weaknesses, a difficult challenge you overcame, how you manage your time, what do you think would make you good at this position, and do you have any questions for them. They also ask a question about past experiences with previous managers. This is a test to see how you will speak about behind their backs, make sure not to say anything negative about them because if you do this is how they then will assume you will act towards them. Pretty straightforward but just something to be cognizant of during the interview.

If you pass this interview you will make it to a secondary interview, I can not give more information on this at the current moment because I have not had the second interview yet. My biggest suggestion is to remember that they aren't just interviewing you but you are also interviewing them to see if they are a company that you want to work for and to decide if you think the company is the overall right fit for you both as a career and corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• None of these questions were too difficult. Possibly research standard interview questions and good ways to turn questions that could be answered negatively into positive statements about yourself and those you work with.   Answer Question

This simply was not the type of career path that I was interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Provident Funding (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial 10 min phone call to go over resume and set up an in office interview. 2nd interview was about an hour of behavioural questions. 3rd interview consisted of more behavioural questions and you asking questions for more of the time.

Interview Questions

Not interested in servicing mortgages

Pipeline Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview

Phone interview.
    Very nice and told me to look at Glassdoor, where I quickly realized it was a poor culture. I did more research and found several negative reviews from both customers and employees. I chose to not continue the interview process of visiting the office and speaking face to face. Could be a good place for others, not the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. I did not do the face to face interview though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Provident Funding (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied via my college website. I had an ok experience. First a phone interview, then a panal interview. Only one individual spoke and two other people were texting. The individual who did speak was friendly. Turned me off when he asked what other job offers I had and how much of a salary they had offered me. Overall a neutral experience. Not good but not bad some cute girls work there that is about it.

Interview Questions

• What other job offers do you have and what salary have they offered you? It was a very unexpected question and kind of unprofessional. Its none of your business.   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Provident Funding (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very fast. I submitted an online application via my college job posting website. From there I was contacted and scheduled an introduction phone call. The call was brief; lasted 20 minutes in all. It was a description of myself and what I was looking for in my job hunt/career. The phone portion went well and I was asked to come on site. I completed a two person interview with the same person I spoke on the Phone and the head of the Branch. office. The interview in all lasted about 45 minutes. Again questions about my background which was limited since I was coming out of college. PF does a great job of recruiting college students to work there. The interview was fast and easy, I felt comfortable the entire time. Be sure to answer where you see yourself in the future.

I received an offer within the next few days via phone call. I accepted the offer after a days thought.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in the position and why do you want to work at Provident Funding?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Provident Funding (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Originally contacted via phone for a quick screening. From there had a 1-1 that lasted for about 40 minutes. Set list of questions and generally going through the resume. Very informative and pleasant. Received an offer for a second round soon after and went in. Far fewer questions, relying mainly on questions I had, and more information about the position.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions or cases. Make sure that you know how you'll fit into what they are looking for and highlight those experiences.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Provident Funding (San Bruno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

one on one interview with one of the managers and they asked me several questions regarding my previous experiences. It did not require any type of thinking, just answering what is on your resume. It was a very easy interview process and one should not be worried.

Servicing Analyst Interview

Interview

There is a short phone interview about yourself and your education before a sit down interview. If your sit down interview goes well, they offer a second sit down interview. Interview questions are easy.

Servicing Analyst Interview

Interview

Call from a 1800 number for interview. Total of 2 interviews with the same person. Relaxed and casual. They follow up pretty quickly. Got an offer within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Provident Funding (Boston, MA).

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview. General questions about my resume and generic questions such as, "Why Provident Funding?". Went in for an on-site interview that lasted for about an hour. Also very general questions about my resume. Gentleman I spoke with was personable, and overall I wouldn't say it was a difficult interview. Going in for second rounds in a week.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you had to make a difficult phone call?

How do you handle a negative situation?   Answer Question