Pulse8 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pulse8 Interview Questions

Interviews at Pulse8

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pulse8 in April 2018.

Interview

I received a SQL coding test to complete before there would be a phone interview. I completed the coding test and manually verified that my solution solved the problem. After turning over the solution to the recruiter I never heard from the recruiter or the company again. Poor etiquette from either Pulse8 or their recruiter. Either way, be wary.

Interview Questions

• SQL coding quiz to be completed and turned in. Microsoft SQL Server is expected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pulse8 in May 2018.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter and received a coding exercise for a SQL problem and a C# console app. Completed exercise and had a review with a Pulse8 developer about a week later.

I had the opportunity to go over my code and ask lots of questions with a Pulse8 developer. Good interview with me having the opportunity to go over what I did and why.

My job status changed before moving on to the next interview, but it was to be a more technical interview with several developers.

Overal good interview and good process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pulse8 in May 2017.

Interview

I spent five hours interviewing over the phone with various people over two weeks before I finally said enough is enough. A recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I first interviewed with a VP for one hour, then a couple of days later their chief statistician, then a few days after that two analysts. During this time I also was asked to take the Harrison Assessment to determine my "fit" with the company. The fourth meeting was with their consultant to go over my Harrison Assessment results. This morning the recruiter called me with "great concern" that the Harrison Assessment pointed to my desire to be available for my family and they were unsure that I could commit to working for the company as much as they wanted me to work. It was clear with every person with whom I spoke that a 50 hour week is a "light" week and 60 to 70 hours are the norm. As a parent and a spouse, work-life balance is extremely important to me. I work to live. I do not live to work. Big difference. The recruiter directed me to assure the VP who would call me this afternoon that I would always be available to work first and foremost. Within a few minutes after getting off the phone with this guy, I decided enough was enough. I did not want to burn another hour talking to the VP again, and the recruiter told me that even after THAT fifth hour on the phone there would be yet another call with the CEO before an offer would be forthcoming.

I did see the benefits package this morning. It was unimpressive. And, of course, PTO was not mentioned.

Big bucks and working from home are not enough to balance working nonstop.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Risk Adjustment?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to commit to long hours when necessary, such as when a new product rolls out?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pulse8 in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got an email one week later with a coding exercise attached. Solved the coding exercise and returned with correct results, however the recruiter said that it wasn't the correct results. I had manually verified the results and they were exactly as described in the instructions. No explanation was provided in the rejection email. I wonder if this was just free work they got to solve a problem, instead of an actual coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Had to write a query and create a console app to return expected results according to instructions.   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pulse8 (Annapolis, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was unorganized. Asked about future projection for growth. The interviewer could not answer. The next question I asked was how many hours are your Engineers putting in and I could not get a solid response. I inquired more about the tools used to accomplish their goal of risk analytics. The facial expressions and squirming lead me to believe he was not as technical as his title. Based on his response , it seemed the processes used were not as streamlined as it could be, thus resulting in additional work efforts for an engineer. I felt while the company was in a good market, their technology seemed outdated in comparison to their competitors.
    I was no longer interested in the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pulse8 (Annapolis, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was fun, I met not only the team that I would be working with as well as the CEO, but also spoke with other folks in management that work closely with the department this position was in. At the time I had great convos with all of them, and transparency regarding expectations with respect to how the company rolls as well as culture was super helpful, which I was very appreciative of. My interviewing process slammed a few months in multiple phases, but only because my position was brand new / but there was full transparency, and I was never ‘waiting’, I always knew the status and where I stood.

Interview Questions

• Name a few people that are inspirational to you or that you’d aspire to be like, and why?   Answer Question

Medical Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pulse8 (Elk Park, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a call from CEO then I had to take the Harrison Assessment after I received an email that they wanted to move forward with the hiring process. Then all of sudden the communication stopped. After the first week of no response I contact them by email and The CEO states that she will get back with me by that Friday. Finally after not receiving an email I tried emailing them again. I received an email yesterday advising that they hired another candidate for the position. Glad I continued interviewing with other companies. Very unprofessional and wouldn't consider working for a company that lies.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pulse8 (Annapolis, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

During the course of the interview process I interviewed with two of the IT managers as well as the CEO. I was a little intimidated when I heard I'd be interviewing with the CEO of the company the second day, but it was a very friendly, relaxed interview with all three people. I was happily greeted by several of the office staff when I walked into the office, immediately feeling a very family-like environment and culture. The questions I was asked directly aligned with the duties I would be performing. I was also asked some non-personal questions, like what are some of my hobbies and such. These were questions meant to pry, but to get to know one-another during the interview process, which lead to exciting facts about those that I interviewed with. They are a very amiable group of people based on everyone I met with with during the course of the process and it was one of the most different, hands-down absolutely best experiences I've encountered being interviewed by a company.

Interview Questions

• Are you eager to learn new technologies, and adapt quickly in a constantly evolving industry?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pulse8 in July 2019.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter and the process was slow due to scheduling of vacations, no issue with that as I was not in a rush. Took a SQL coding test, got positive feedback, had a 1:1 over Skype, then another 1:1 for a more fitting position, then a panel interview. After that I was completely "ghosted" by Pulse8 and recruiter after following up and thanking both - no feedback, no notice of any kind.

It may not happen to you... but if this is how a company is operating their hiring process in 2019 and in today's market, I would save yourself the hassle.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked remotely before?   1 Answer

SQL Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pulse8 in November 2014.

Interview

Interseting and disjointed hiring process. They seem scattered and all over the place during the onboarding process. The CEO is very involved with bringing people onboard. It sounds like there is a lot of manual processes that they need to automate. Long hours for standard industry pay. There was a bonus mentioned along with paid vacation.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was a bit more confrontational than was expected when it came time for technical questions. So that was a bit of a surprise. The tone and personality of the development manager could stand to improve quite a bit.   Answer Question