Pulse8 Reviews | Glassdoor

Pulse8 Reviews

Updated Mar 1, 2018

Found 8 reviews

4.8
Pulse8 CEO 	John Criswell (no image)
John Criswell

"Fun, challenging, rewarding place to work--staffed with awesome team players"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, co-workers, mutual accountability, work-at-home, fun, social (teleconferencing), pay, support, benefits, oyster shooters, summits, RISE, guerilla marketing, opportunity to make a difference, all opinions listened to, fairly flat company, casual dress, Woo Hoo buttons.

Cons

Can't work when you're outside the country. Awesomeness of flat organization means there are not tons of layers to move up through.

Advice to Management

Keep on killing it! WOO HOO!!!

Pulse82018-03-02

"Amazing Team, Industry & Opp!"

Current Employee - Director in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing team to work with, transparency, fast-paced challenging culture is very rewarding for accomplishments, high tech, opportunities for growth and career path / constantly looking to improve and evolve processes and cultural aspects

Cons

those typical of growing pains - but collaboration and teamwork is heavily encouraged / all a part of the same team

Advice to Management

keep going on the same path while adjusting for growth

Pulse82018-02-09

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time

Pros

Great team environment, your voice is heard and your work is recognized.

Cons

Growing pains of a small company can make it hard to have a defined job role and hours.

Pulse82017-04-05

"Director"

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, great people - open/transparent atmosphere.

Cons

That of any mid-sized startup.

Pulse82017-02-21

"Exciting place to work!"

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time

Pros

Pulse8 has great culture, strong communication, and is very transparent. It's refreshing to work for a company where you can voice your opinions and people actually listen. The exposure is great, and you will continuously learn new things. Others are able to see that employees love their job and are truly passionate about what they do. Everyone adds value to the company. Appreciation and good work is recognized... often.

Cons

Learning curve for people who are not experts, rapidly growing, heavy workload for most, which dampers work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people who are passionate and love what they do.

Pulse82016-05-04

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small fast growing company where everyone contributes and works hard. The CEO cares about the people just as much as he cares about the business. Great opportunity for growth and to have your voice heard. I really enjoy working for Pulse8.

Cons

We are growing and moving very quickly, it's both a pro and a con. The work-life balance is sometimes favoring the work side, but it's getting better as we grow and people come on.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything to say, the CEO has an open door policy so when I have suggestions I bring them to him.

Pulse82015-03-16

"A once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of something special..."

I have been working at Pulse8

Pros

Working at Pulse8 has given me the opportunity to experience: 1. an incredible group of employees working together to deliver best in class products to our clients 2. true partnership with our clients that result in transparent dialogue and ultimately the best result 3. teamwork on a level that you do not find in most organization. The team rallies around each other to ensure each person has the resources they... need

Cons

The growth at this organization makes it difficult at times to keep up with the learning curve (new clients, new products, new employees, etc...). It's a great problem to have, but it is certainly a challenge at times

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out only the best and the brightest who are committed to winning and whose approach to challenges are met with a positive frame of reference. This is the key to maintaining the winning culture that is in place today.

Pulse82015-03-09

"Working in the fast-growing and innovative Pulse8 culture is challenging, rewarding, fun, and exciting."

Current Employee - Customer Support

I have been working at Pulse8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pulse8 is like no company I've ever worked for before. I work with an amazing team of really talented people. We take a lot of pride in doing whatever is necessary to keep moving forward to reach our individual and team goals. Everyone has a chance to contribute to the company's growth and success, and we always find ways to make it fun. We love what we do, and we take a lot of pride in providing a unique... product/service to our clients.

Cons

Work-life balance is tough here. You have to really be able to put in a lot of time and energy to stay ahead. As a young company, the benefits package is not very competitive, but I believe that will change as we grow.

Advice to Management

Huge French press, not espresso machine!

Pulse82015-03-10