Q Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

3.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long interview process. I applied through a college/university. I then had a phone interview followed by several performance and personality tests. Because I had other responsibilities finding the time to do all of the tests took a long time. Overall, the process of getting to an in person interview took a long time.

They also asked me to submit SAT scores from many years ago. I didn't mind very much because I had good scores, but I was floored that they would actually ask for them. Still, they made me seem like a priority throughout the entire process, and constantly complimented my resume and talked about how well I did on the assessments so I was willing to go forward with what they were asking.

When I finally was given an interview (months after applying) one of the first things they did was look at my social media accounts. Even though I had nothing to hide, I found this incredibly intrusive and it immediately made me not want to work for the company. When I asked the interviewer what exactly they would be looking at and explained that I would not give consent for them to read personal messages people had sent me on Facebook (since I couldn't give consent for other people who may not want some random person to rifle through their messages to me) they acted like the question was stupid and heavily implied that I was hiding something instead of reassuring me on what I thought was a very reasonable concern.

When we finally got to the interview, I was treated contemptuously by the interviewer. I am okay with difficult interview questions, but the interviewer nitpicked virtually every answer I gave and kept looking at me as if he thought I was an idiot. They also told me that they were looking for someone who would work weekends, work more than 10 hours a day--basically to devote your life to the company, which is something I was not willing to do. By the time the interview was up I was sure that I had no interest in the company and would decline any offer they made me, but I still promptly sent them a courteous email thanking them for the interview. That courtesy was not returned and it was over a month and a half later, after I had already started another position, that I heard back from them, telling me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work 6 days a week for 10+ hours a day?   1 Answer

HR Administrator Interview

Application

I interviewed at Q Investments in January 2017.

Interview

My experience with the interview process was very positive! I applied through a school posting and was contacted about a week or two later about setting up a phone screen. After the phone screen, they sent me three tests to take. These were each different, and they all served to challenge a different skill that one might possess. I completely understood that they were trying to see if I was a fit for their culture, while also testing my technical ability. The tests were a very smart, well-thought through way to screen candidates in my opinion. After they graded the tests, they got back with me and asked me to come in for an interview. I came in the following week and interviewed with several people in the department I would be coming into as well as top management. Being a flat hierarchy company, I was grateful that top management took time out to interview me, considering that they play so many different roles in managing the company. My interviews varied from experience to goal-type questions. You could tell the questions were well-thought out. Overall, my experience was extremely positive. They were completely upfront and honest with me the whole time about where how far along I was in the process, and what they expected of me for the job I applied to. That was refreshing compared to other companies I was interviewing with. As for the recruiting process, I appreciated how strategic they were in going about it. They really wanted me to like the company as well as them to like me.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Q Investments in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter for the company that lasted about 30 minutes. They went over the position and company, then sent me an email to take the first of 3 assessments. After completing the 1st assessment, I received feedback quickly and was then directed to take a 2nd assessment. I have yet to hear feedback, after being told I would, despite having attempted multiple times to receive feedback.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process began with a 1 hour phone interview. From there, I took 3 tests which all took around an hour each. They were somewhat difficult. They actually asked me to retake one of them (after giving me clearer instructions) (guess I missed the point the first time around). Finally, I was invited to interview at the office. It was a marathon style interview with several people which took 4 hours. First, they give you an office tour. The layout is entirely open (no cubicles or offices making for zero privacy). Overall, I got an unpleasant vibe from the staff (not towards me but towards their work in general). After the office tour I began a series of one-on-one interviews. They will ask you to sign a consent and will then proceed to stand over your shoulder as you scroll through all your social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc). From there, I interviewed with various people that I would be working for/with.They asked questions about my experience, life, goals, etc. but were quite cold. After the interview, they ask you to submit a post interview questionnaire where they try to judge your interest level and how much (or little) they will have to offer you. A salary range was never disclosed so this was a shot in the dark. I was told I would receive interview feedback within a week, which did not happen (this was not the first time they said they would get back to me in X amount of time but never did until I would reach out again and ask for an update...then it would be another week or two). Eventually, I told them I had other offers and needed their offer in one week if they were still interested. They seemed to be but said they still did not have my interview feedback together. The time limit that I proposed came and went and I did not hear anything from them so I accepted another offer. The entire process took 3 months and would have gone on further had I not ended it. Overall, I felt that they dragged me through the mud leading me to believe I was a top candidate but for whatever reason could not get an offer together. The wasted 3 months of my time. Luckily, I was currently employed but for someone who isn't, their process would not be feasible. By the way, the hours are 8-6 with no lunch break. They cater in lunch every day but there's a catch: you must eat at your desk and remain available to work. Additionally, "Project Manager" is not a real project manager as one might think. They need to re-title the job as "Executive Assistant" as that is what the position is.

Interview Questions

• The warehouse is out of tennis balls. How will you go about finding out how many tennis balls can fit on our airplane?   1 Answer
    • What is your 3 year salary history? Would you accept this position for a lesser amount? If not, what percentage raise would you require?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Poor. They took forever to respond and send me the emails with confirmation on the interview. Communication was bad. Took an excel test. Most was simple formulas but part of it was confusing and not well written.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there and my future goals?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

1.Phone Interview
    2. Technical and behavioral online test
    3. In house interview

In house interview is fairly casual, mainly just hold a conversation with HR. All of the HR reps are very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you prioritize these tasks given ABC......   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I thought something was odd when they asked me to take a technical test and all the questions were over 8+ year old technologies and concepts.

This company is living in the past and it is clearly evident when you visit their website.

Application process is long and convoluted. Over the course of a month I took 3 "assessments" remotely and submitted them for review. I also did a technical screen with a recruiter.

Finally, after a month, they decide to give me one more technical screen before bringing me in.
    The screen was rather general asking me about where I worked, what I had been working on, and how large of a team I was on.

The technical screen goes great (from my point of view). I answered all questions correctly, gave in depth knowledge and explanations of the technologies I have been working on.

Then I get noticed 3 days later they are passing because I come from "too large of a corporate environment".
    Not true, my company is not a large corporation. My team was only 4 developers at its largest and now just 1.

At least be honest.

I talked with former employees and people who received offers but turned them down and they more more than willing to share what is really happening.

The real reason is the developers seem to be very out of date on their skill set. Still working with ASP .NET 1.0 with little to no knowledge of SOA principles, ORM's, MVC, Web API, WCF, Entity Framework, MVVM based applications, responsive UI, etc....

They are looking to only bring in people that are old school like themselves or inexperienced people that do not know any better.

I'm not sure if it is just the development management staff that is keeping the skill-set limited or if executive leadership even understands or knows what is going on.

Interview Questions

• What is the size of my current team?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Long. Started with a phone interview which led to a series of tests. 1st 4 tests were technical skills tests. 2nd test is a behavioral test. 3rd test is a detail test.

Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Q Investments.

Interview

I applied through a university job posting and was contacted shortly after to schedule a phone interview. I had about an hour conversation with the recruiter about my background and career aspirations as well as the job itself and other details about the company. I was then asked to take a "case study test." It was a timed online test asking you background and situational questions. I was just frustrated since I was asked to take the test for the project manager position because there was no test for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What are three mistakes you've made in your career and what have you learned from them?   Answer Question
    • Are you a "big picture" type person or a "detail-oriented" type person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Q Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then took two exams online, and was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. On the phone interview they will speak a lot about the company, and make sure to ask questions and be interested.