QED Group LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at QED Group LLC

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QED Group LLC (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a recruiter, then I had several conversation with the technical manager who whom the position reports and then by the firm's CEO. After this I spoke again with the technical manager and finally with the recruiter again, who handled the salary and prepared the actual letter offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background qualifies you for the position under consideration.   Answer Question

Program Assistant (USAID) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QED Group LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

QED contacted me for an initial phone screening with two people from the HR team. This was at the beginning of March, soon after I submitted my application online. This was a basic interview going over the position. There were a couple of errors in the job description that I found out about during this interview. For example, the position description stated that this was a temporary position, but it wasn't. There seemed to be a slight lack of communication between QED Group and the USAID department they were staffing throughout the entire process. After the phone interview, I was asked to come up for an interview at USAID HQ. I was a bit thrown off by them giving me less than 24 hours notice, as they gave interview time slots for the next day and the day after and I was driving from out of town. I wanted to be flexible, so I came up to DC. I waited almost an hour in the USAID lobby, and when I was greeted by USAID they informed me that they didn't know I was coming because QED hadn't told them. Thankfully they were still able to interview me after I drove 3.5 hours. I completed the interview with two USAID staff members which seemed to go very well. I returned home, and was conacted the next week to choose between three time slots for a second interview with the department's director and other staff members. Again, these time slots were a bit last minute, but I was genuinely interested in the position so I bit the bullet and drove back up. I had great interviews with the director and two other staff members. They then requested references from me via e-mail and checked them. I returned home and didn't hear anything from QED for several weeks. I followed-up with them via e-mail and they replied a few days later saying the client was still reviewing candidates and they would let me know when the process was complete. I ended up having to e-mail USAID staff directly to confirm whether or not the position had been filled - and this was over a month after their initial reply. They then e-mailed me a generic rejection e-mail. I understand that miscommunications happen, and initially I was happy with QED's recruiting. But that changed over the course of the process. I was ultimately disappointed with them. In my opinion it is very disrespectful to expect candidates to adhere to a timeline and remain flexible during the hiring process, and then keep them in the dark when the client is no longer interested (which is what I presume happened). Communications with QED (or lack thereof) after the final interview were very nonexistent, and dismissive.

Interview Questions

• General questions from QED Group, more job-specific questions from USAID (will be shared on their page).   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QED Group LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward and easy. I was fist screened by the Director of Recruitment, then invited for an in-person interview with the manager of the unit.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the table?   1 Answer