QNX Software Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QNX Software Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems in August 2017.

Interview

First interview by phone with shared screen. Technical questions and problem solving skills. Problems like: find issue with the code. Write specific function and unit test for it. And etc.

In couple weeks there was second interview. Which was rescheduled several times. Technical questions and architecture questions. I would say I screwed up on second interview even though questions were not that complicated. I was preparing myself for multi-threading, algorithms and design questions. But there were bunch of questions related to processing strings. Answers for these questions are easy but not obvious when you stand next to white board.

Probably because they interview a lot of people the interview process felt like roasting. It wasn't relaxed at all. Below I listed some of questions which I remember, but there were more.

P.s. After couple weeks they have called me and offered a position. I have declined.

Interview Questions

• Design architecture of social network. How would you post feed from client app. How would you notify other client app about new feed. What would table that stores user feeds look like?   1 Answer
    • Basic string processing questions like: verify given string is valid IP address with range 0 ... 255. Write unit test for it.   Answer Question
    • With given numbers (for example: 14115, 5123, 9434, 53, 837) find combination where concatenation of these numbers will return the largest possible number.

(I thought this was dynamic programming question first. Then tried very lame approach, but the answer was really simple, which is embarassing).   1 Answer
    • Write basic hashset. How would you solve collisions (very straightforward).   Answer Question
    • In given c++ code find all issues. Code processes file: looks for a specific string is each line of the file. Specifically written poorly so it is hard to understand it.   1 Answer

Interview

The position was for a technical position in the sales department. There was one Personal Interview and a Technical Test. Good test. It made you really think out of the box. I liked it. The Personal Interview was interesting. There were many people in the room so that they could cover all aspects at once - Human Resources, Sales and Engineering.

Interview Questions

• One technical question that I have not had to think about since college.   Answer Question

Support Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

First I had a quick phone interview with the HR talking about my skills. After I had a phone interview with a manager talking about the company, the position, my background and some technical questions. Then I had a technical test where I had to write some code and send back to be reviewed.

Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was a really technical interview with 4 interviewers. They asked questions from my resume and take home exam. everything went well and i got a response after almost 4 working days.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems.

Interview

This was 5-6 years ago and things have changed since. You typically get an initial on-site or phone interview, followed by a take-home test, followed by a followup interview. If all goes well, you may meet the VP for final approval.
    The process is very friendly. They just want to make sure you can think and come up with a reasonable solution given the circumstances. Even if you do not do well on the test, if you can explain your errors, you may still have a chance!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. the offer was good enough for me.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems.

Interview

Extremely short phone call. Asked a few questions to see if qualified then over in 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug software in user space?   1 Answer

Low pay, bad location

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for an internship through my university and they got back to me in the matter of 3 weeks via email.

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to my research. They wanted to make sure I understand the concerns and problems surrounding real-time embedded system development. For instance how to I test timing issues, and what are the main issues that a task misses its deadline, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship, the company has its own regulations.

OS Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Handed in resume on campus. Got phone interview on a Friday from two people. Got the offer on a Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just accepted.