- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- China - All Cities
- - Shanghai
- - Shanghai, China Area
- - Shanghai, Shanghai
- United States - All Cities
- - Ohio
- - Columbus, OH Area
- - Delaware, OH
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Ottawa, ON, Canada Area
- - Ottawa, ON
- - Kanata, ON
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC, Canada Area
- - Vancouver, BC
Found 46 of over 75 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 29, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1) Good product. 2) Many of the people there are excellent (particularly technical people). 3) Pay was reasonable, benefits good. 3) In-fighting between departments mostly stopped over the years.
1) Micro mangement reigned in my department with little appreciation for work accomplished. 2) Poor senior management at the time - most left, however not clear the current is better. 3) Parent corporation not stable (Blackberry)
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 5, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Independence, self-motivation, clear goals, wide markets.
Lack of touch w/ customers in the field, poor marketing research, too ambitions plans but not enough tools to reach them.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 16, 2008 - Engineer in Delaware, OHRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great technology, excellent engineering talent, brilliant vision A chance to make a real difference in the direction of a terrific product Open software implementation that gives anyone the chance to use a world-class embedded product
Miserable marketing - no understanding of the embedded market or what customers really want Inability to hit a deadline Decisions made by uniformed people in positions of authorityContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 5, 2022 - Coop Student in Ottawa, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Goo learning Good team Good ambience
Monotonous tasks Needed work from home Better ambianceContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 4, 2022 - System Software Developer in Ottawa, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
enjoyed it, wasnt bad, just trying to get glassdoor to stop annoying me.
nothing bad to say, no cons at all
- Former Employee★★★★★May 23, 2022 - Quality Management AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Awesome team to work with.
Compensation is not very competitive.
- Former Employee★★★★★May 9, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Smart people, very nice environment
None that i can think of
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 24, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cool tech and knowing QNX RTOS open a lot of doors
Some clients and PMs are extremely rude when they get worried about budget and worked hours. Tickets need to be closed fast, as if we could easily rush to debug an issue on the clients project…Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 13, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Ottawa, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent culture and Technically sound.
The pay is not on par with industry. Some are paid very high and some are paid low.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 22, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Ottawa, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This is a company and people you can call a family. A ton of down to earth embedded/OS gurus collaborating with you and joking with you. You are a member of a close community chatting about everything from most serious technical problems/innovations, down to cat cuteness daily. This is a place where you willingly give your 100% devotion in every task, and then having dirty jokes with the VP at lunch time.
The senior management needs to screw their head straight.
QNX Software Systems Reviews FAQs
QNX Software Systems has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 75 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at QNX Software Systems to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.
71% of QNX Software Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated QNX Software Systems 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.