QSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Electronics Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QSC (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took almost a month. Company was thorough and followed up on references and past employment. Interview was performed by two interviewers. Employer was quick to point out any inconsistencies in interview compared to resume, as I stated above extremely thorough.

Interview Questions

• Without repeating your resume, tell us what qualifies you to work here.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QSC (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

There was an initial interview with the hiring manager. It was quite thorough. There were several other interviews with various key people on and adjacent to the team. Each interviewer had their own style. There is a definite need to be flexible during the interview process. All interviewers were very professional and polite. It was an efficient process.

Interview Questions

• The primary interview consisted of a review of my background. Breadth was important because the role covers many areas. There was some probing, as would be necessary, in certain areas of expertise (i.e. Finance).   Answer Question

Manager Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QSC.

Interview

There was first a phone interview screening and then a second phone screening by the hiring executive. Then an in-person interview at their HQ. The hiring manager/executive comes from a consulting background so the questions asked in the in-person interview were very difficult and case scenario based (think widget questions). I don't believe these are the best methods of interview as people do get nervous especially when the guy is staring at your across the table to see how you work out the questions and no calculator is even provided.

Interview Questions

• Question related to widgets and logistics (most efficient logistics-type question)   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from QSC for a phone interview. I promptly responded with times I was available, and then never received a response. I followed up a few times, especially after seeing the role reposted. However there was never any response, even to say that perhaps they changed direction. I gave up.

Interview Questions

• They did not respond after their request for an interview.   1 Answer

QSC Response

Nov 10, 2017 – Sr HR Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for your experience. We have shared your feedback internally to help improve our processes and to ensure candidates have a great experience.

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QSC in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call from HR rep the same day that I submitted my resume. Phone interview with hiring manager the next day. Questions about me and my resume. Eventually asked about thoughts on moving to the LA area and salary expectations. Phone interview lasted about an hour.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QSC (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from HR for phone interview and scheduling a phone interview with 2 engineers for technical interview.
    Then on the date for technical interview , only one engineer show up and very straight forward questions had been asked base on what I have written on the resume. In the end of the interview, I asked interviewer question "how long do you think this position will be filled ?" and I had a answer from interviewer "sometime next year ..." (the interview happened 2 days before Thanksgiving) . After I hear the answer from interviewer, I had feeling that the company have not been really urgent to fill in that position. However, I sent them email to follow up how the process going right after the following week of the interview date. I got no response from them and I gave myself another effort to send them second email (three weeks following the first email) . NO RESPONSE from them until now. They have acted unprofessionally !!!. I am wondering how they have subtitle " Best place to work for in Orange County" by Orange county register.

Interview Questions

• The interview took about 25 minutes on the phone and very straight forward questions
      1/ tell me about yourself ?
      2/ Tell me little bit about what your current project to work on?
      .....   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QSC in April 2015.

Interview

There was initial email screening followed by an in person interview with two engineers. All questions asked were reasonable; interviewers were friendly. There were several domain questions, and the details of the position were clarified. I was also introduced to many people in the office, all of whom were friendly.

Interview Questions

• General general engineering questions and some audio-specific questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QSC (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Human Resource screening me by phone. Met with Director IT and Vice President, Chief of Staff face to face multiple times. While the position was interesting I didn't feel a good fit culture wise.

Interview Questions

• Why after founding two companies are you interested in employment?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QSC (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Answer some math questions related to the products circuitry using the white board. Describe basic electrical architecture. Explain the digital to analog process and vice-versa. Describe personal interests relevant to this work.

Interview Questions

• Can you analyze a pulse width modulation power supply?   1 Answer

Acoustic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QSC in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Coordinator
    Phone interview with Technical Hiring Manager
    Phone Interview with R&D Director

Interview Questions

• Theoretical background of finite element analysis (FEA)
      Theoretical questions regarding acoustics, nonlinear acoustics   Answer Question

Material Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QSC (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR. After, met a total of 6 people for an interview in person. Everyone was very nice. Typical interview questions. Got to meet different teams I would be working with, I thought that was very helpful.