Qatar Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Cadet Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple stages of assessment , in partnership with ctc aviation uk.
    Application review followed by numeracy test. Group task, aptitude testing, individual interview and panel interview.
    Failed in first attempt, reapplied after 6 months.
    Total time from first application to actually starting on course took approx 2 years

Interview Questions

• Why i want to become a pilot ? What all have i done to pursue my interests ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (China, ME).

Interview

Had a video interview. Dressed professional hot tow of questions.

Attended the AD From 9:00 am just all done in a day. Failed in the discussion section
    Didn't meet the final.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter in December 2016. She stated that she would call me back to schedule an in person interview with hiring manager and herself within the next two weeks. 4 -5 weeks passed by and I did not hear anything and just moved on. February 2016 she reaches out and ask to schedule an in person interview. After scheduling the interview and cancelling it 3 times she just never replied back or reached out to me although she said she would.

Interview Questions

• It was literally a 5 minutes call where she asked my salary and why I wanted to move   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Sunrise, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview but detailed and concise. Was asked several questions about my past experience with British Airways. I was told about the position. I was asked about my flexibility and productivity. I was told that the job required good geographical knowledge and I was asked about my experience in the several systems that were used.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding different types of experience all of the positions I had held while working for British Airways   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tunis, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Tunis, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

open day assemsnt day group work engkdh test final interview then open day then assment day and group work and engligh test and final intrview then we all go the hall and get our hiring and tell us who pass the interview

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. It was just basic questions about my background and experience and lasted maybe 5 minutes. A week later I received an invitation for a face to face interview.
     Very nice set up. They made it seem that I was going to be working for this luxurious airline.
    I was interviewed by the HR Manager and another manager/lead of the call center.
    The HR manager was very nice and told me much about the company and asked about my experience, background etc. The other guy was silent and was awkward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave excellent customer service?
      How would you deal with an irate passenger?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was good. It was a group interview with a panel of four people. Specific questions were asked on financial statements.there was also an excel exam on pivot tables and look up functions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   3 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qatar Airways.

Interview

I applied through my university and had an interview with the Senior Finance Manager from Doha, It was just a basic interview asking me about my resume, projects I have done and my experience during my time at my university. I had to wait for around 4 weeks to get a decision from them and their reason for not giving me the job was a problem with my graduation date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qatar Airways.

Interview

Worst I have ever experienced. It was clear they were taking anyone who would accept a job and move to Doha. They will agree to anything knowing that once you arrive and find out they lied, it's too much trouble to leave again. Some people do leave straight away though, mostly Pilots and Recruitment people.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here is the job, yes or no?

Welfare Officer Interview

Interview

Smooth process as I was coordinating with a recruitment agency from my country. An english test was done, psychological test also, basic interview with the agency first. A presentaition withe the recruitment of QR followed by an interview one-on-one. Easy to follow questions , straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult custromes you have experience and how did you deal with it   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qatar Airways (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2017.

Interview

OPEN DAY

There were thousands (last count for day 1 was 1,000+) of applicants. Open time 9am, got there 7am to be sure. Be early all the time.

First the agency helping QA did a reach test to filter out the candidates. Those who passed stayed for the interview.

4 recruiters from QA arrived at 9 am. Everybody was told to stay in line for their turn. When it was my turn I just smiled and walked with poise, gave the recruiter my CV and then talked for 1 minute answering her questions. Got an invitation for assessment day right away (They say they will "call" those who passed - they're lying. If you pass you get an invitation given by the recruiter herself)

ASSESSMENT DAY

From thousands now only down to 100. Call time was 9am, I was there at 6:30am. One of the first 4 people who arrived (all 4 of us who arrived early got to the final interview...so lesson: ALWAYS BE EARLY)

Essay & English Test - Basic multiple choice test and math. YOUR ESSAY MAKES OR BREAKS YOU. They will base their decisions on your essay up until choosing who passed the group assessment. After essay was elimination.

Then another reach test & scar/mole test. Recruiters will ask you to reach test again, then will ask you about scars or moles. don't be nervous. I have 10 moles on my face & a birthmark on my calf. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED. They ask for PROTRUDING MOLES & scars or birthmarks for identification purposes in case your body needs to be ID'ed in a crash site.
    I told the recruiters about my face moles and they did not care - "Don't worry about it" - If they like you, your moles or scars will NOT matter!

They asked me what I was doing now, and how old I was etc. They check your make up & your arms & legs. DO NOT LIE and say you're flawless. The recruiters will get mad and be more strict with you if you do so.
    After that was another round of elimination.

Then Group Discussion / Dynamics. We were separated to 4 groups and told to discuss the pros of working abroad. The recruiters will walk around carrying a clipboard.
    Important Tips:
    1.) DO NOT cut other people off or be over eager to shine - one of the candidates did that and was eliminated
    2.) Wait for your turn to speak and speak WELL. Make eye contact with teammates. If you have additional contributions, raise your hand
    3.) Maintain poise even when not talking. Nod your head and look at the person speaking. Trust me you are being watched.

ALWAYS act like you're being watched! From the moment you get inside the venue, act like you're being assessed. SMILE all the time - my assessment day started from 9am to 4pm with no lunch break. MAKE FRIENDS! Do not slouch. VERY IMPORTANT: Be supportive of your teammates! Say Good Luck, Hug them - a recruiter saw me hugging a teammate and smiled. They want to see camraderie.

After Group Dynamics another round of elimination.

That was the end of assessment day. We were down to only 19 people. We were then given the medical forms to fill up & application forms and watched videos about the Company.

LISTEN CAREFULLY. The recruiter told us to apply online so we have an applicant ID. I was the only one to do so, everybody else thought they didn't have to apply online because we were walk in applicants. Follow everything the recruiters say!

FINAL INTERVIEW

Very quick, just 10 minutes. Don't be nervous! Make sure your application form is NEAT & FILLED completely.

When you get called in, knock the door and smile. Say "Good morning how are you today?". Keep smiling. The recruiters will check your application form & make comments. Then check your scars again. Then ask 1 question (mine was "Why should we hire you? What is your best trait?") Make eye contact! They asked me to stand to check my outfit and gave me pointers for the full body picture.

We were told to wait for the email within 1 week. If you get reject email don't be discouraged. If you get an email with a link - that means you're in! It's the link for you to upload your full body picture :)

If everything goes well, you can fly to Doha within 4 months! Be patient. PRAY.
    Don't let anything stop you from applying. They don't care about your weight, scars, moles, experience or whatever. If you truly want to be in QA, they will feel it the moment you walk in. Just be sincere. The recruiters will fight for you - trust me they will - if they like you, even if you have a birthmark on your face they will fight for you - and convince the HQ to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now?   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   1 Answer
    • Is this your first time to apply?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you? what is your best trait?   1 Answer
    • So we can depend on you in the event of an emergency?   1 Answer
    • How do you adapt to change?   Answer Question