Qkids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Qkids

2.2

Sort:

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qkids in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed online over webcam in a one-on-one discussion. The interviewer was very kind and spoke good English. I had no difficulties answering her questions, although the teaching demo was a bit nervewracking.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this job? What would you do if a student was unresponsive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids (Los Altos, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They want you to submit your resume and a demo-video of you either teaching or reading a child's story. The next step after this is to enter a training session with one of their employees (from China) on the JiuQu platform. If you successfully pass the training session (recommended to review training material) then you are set to try a (paid) demo session. After this you get to teach a few (3 or 2) classes with Chinese students which are also paid. If management and/or trainers like your reviews and teaching style you will get hired.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qkids in July 2017.

Interview

Submit your resume, computer specifications, schedule availability, brief intro video to be considered. Then a 1/2 hr pre demo, paid 1hr demo, then you in front of kids teaching. You are given 2-6 trial classes where you critiqued and expected to show improvement. It's very thorough, positive, and fun!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach with JiuQu?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids (Harrison, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview is via email. The request a resume, a screen shot of your computer specs, and then a 90 second video of you reading a children's book. It is a 2 or 3 step process. Then you have a training demo and 3 or 4 classroom training sessions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Fast, simple, intuitive! The entire process was amazing, and I was able to learn as much about the company as possible, while letting them get to know me. This interview really showed me how amazing the company could really be, and proved that I would be happy working here.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great! It's a blast of fresh air from the standard 'grill' style interview. Because we are working with children, JiuQu tries to capture a fun, positive interview process including videos reading children's books and little to no stress. After all, we are not working with adults, but children.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a working headset and webcam?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids.

Interview

It has several steps but moves quickly and feedback is excellent and thorough. Submitted application video as instructed. I was then given link to download their teaching software platform, and instructions to study the platform. I then had a one-one interactive training and quiz session with their HR trainer. After that I was assigned a mentor, and did 1 trial class with her acting like student, and 6 trial classes with actual students after that. After each class she gave me excellent and detailed feedback on what to work on. Now I am teaching for them regularly and absolutely love it!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and my experience with children   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids (Ocala, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Very thorough, multi-step interview process with many mock classes. You begin with 1 on 1 interviews which then leads to group interviews which then leads to trial classes. It's a 3 step process with a few days in between.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Qkids?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids in June 2018.

Interview

Step 1: submit resume and a video of yourself telling a children’s story. Your video might cut off in the middle of the story. That’s okay! Mine did and I still moved to the next stage.
    Step 2: Next is the Demo 1. This is where the interviewer makes sure you know how to navigate the system. Make sure to know the games thoroughly. The interviewer will ask you to demonstrate the game as if you were teaching a child.
    Step 3: Next is the Demo 2. You will need to go though the whole lesson as if you were teaching a child. My interviewer had me go through each slide very briefly.
    Step 4: You will do up to 5 trail classes with real students. Make sure to be animated and engaged! I did 4 trial classes before they decided to make me a Qkids teacher :)

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids.

Interview

Quick easy and very friendly people you describe your expereince and why you love teaching. You also give a demo lesson to make sre you have the skills to teach.