Quaker Steak & Lube Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2016

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quaker Steak & Lube

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was brief and awkward, I was not sure I had gotten the job because it ended on an awkward note. I was told there would be 8 people interviewing, I was the only one to show up. Then I was told the interview process would take an hour, it took less than five minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Charleston, WV) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very down to earth and honest, I really liked that. I felt comfortable and I was so glad that they gave me a chance to work here because I had never served before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phillipsburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Phillipsburg, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager called me on a Wednesday, it took 6 days to get a hold of him again. As soon as I sat down for the interview the following week, I knew it wasn't going to go well. He immediately started what was more like an interrogation than an interview, going on about how $75k worth of sales a year are "in my hands on the floor as a server", about the importance of upselling and how serious this position is, yada yada yada. Mind you, he wore a sweatshirt and jeans and sat me in the middle of the doing room at lunchtime. He assured me he would call me either way regarding a decision at the end of the week, and as I suspected would happen, he never did. Huge waste of my time, especially for a job at a typical chain restaurant. You'd think I was applying for a position with the federal government Every location is different, though, I'd assume.

Interview Questions

• Pick an item on the menu and sell it to me right now   1 Answer

Wingo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Bristol, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, got called a few days later then had my interview. I actually applied for server but I have never served before so the GM asked if Wingo would be a position I would like to try.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Bristol, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Meet with regional manager to discuss job history and qualifications. Quite informal and used as a method to feel one out as a person before asking job related and operational questions. The need to see you as a person says a lot about how this company and this franchise view and value their employees. After getting a feel basic restaurant questions are asked that you'd receive from any other chain during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you've grown in your role after being promoted at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Mechanicsburg, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy. They just wanted to get to know my personality to make sure I would be good with kids/families/and other team members. Asked about previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• What skills so you have that you could bring to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

easy. you will first fill out and submit an application to managment. the application is extremely simple. one page. work and education history. no resume is required for a position as a server. it is a very basic process. a few simple q and a's with a member of the hiring staff. bing. bang. boom. youre hired.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Medina, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

when store was opening. very easy process. applied online called for interview at location of store. since it was still in construction the interview was in a construction trailer. small space but it worked.

Interview Questions

• asked if you were comfortable using a cash register. asked why you thought you were an eligible candidate to greet the guests walking in the door to their company.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Wheeling, WV) in July 2012.

Interview

It was brief and didn't last long at all. I feel like they would hire anyone off the street and they basically did after I started working there I saw it. They have no requirementime but they ask just to cover themselves. Honestly it was one of the worst jobs I've had and worst interview I have had to. They are basically just letting people in and they know they won't last long at all.

Anonymous Employee in Vermilion, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quaker Steak & Lube (Vermilion, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Haphazard and shoddy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do NOT work for these people!