Qubole Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qubole Interview Questions

Interviews at Qubole

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

Had an initial call with recruiter. She didn't sound like she like her job, very monotone. Very basic and closed-end questions. Answers could have been found by reading my application. ie. How many years experience...? Do you perform...?
    Shortly after, was invited to speak with a VP level manager (not hiring manager). I believe the call went well and was told that I will hear back from them. After 1 week, I emailed the recruiter, she stated they are finishing up phone interviews and will get back to me. I haven't heard anything since.

At minimum, a status update would have been nice.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qubole in May 2019.

Interview

My interview experience with Qubole was pleasant, swift, and the recruiting staff made sure I had everything I needed to succeed. To be honest, I was not looking at making a change from my previous role. I was approached by a Qubole recruiter, however, and my mindset quickly changed. They were not only persuasive, and able to describe both the product and role responsibilities in a concise and comprehensive manner, but they made sure I was prepared for each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions regarding previous employment, experience, 'Why Qubole?', 'Why are you a good fit for this role?' etc. Note I did not feel like these were cookie-cutter questions, but rather felt like they adjusted question/talk track based on my answers. It was dynamic.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter, then did a phone interview with the manager of the team. Went onsite a few days later a met with the manager and another person. Both were what I was consider sub-par talent.
    Was told by the recruiter that I'd be getting a call back the next day, but he didn't call.
    I did get an email asking me to fill out a survey about the interview process.
    Never heard back from them again. Not surprised as I'd heard about the state of the company and it's not good, they'll be lucky to get bought out for a modest amount. If you work there and have stock options, be prepared to have those options end up worthless.

Interview Questions

Qubole Response

Apr 22, 2019

We appreciate any feedback on Qubole’s interview process as we are constantly striving to improve our candidate experience. This is why we send out anonymous candidate experience surveys for our candidates to complete. Our internal anonymous candidate experience survey responses are mostly positive. However, we appreciate your feedback and have taken note of your less than satisfactory experience and are working on making improvements moving forward.

Qubole is incredibly excited about our future and eager to build upon our current success.

Again, thank you for your time and feedback and best of luck in your current job search!

Cloud Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qubole (Seattle, WA) in January 2019.

Interview

Their interview process is highly unorganized and disrespectful about candidate's time to a great extent. They are all over the place and have no clue about how to efficiently interview people. I had made it very clear with the VP right in the beginning that I have literally zero pre-sales experience and if that was a core job requirement then, we should not move ahead. I was very clearly told that it won't be an issue at all as technical people grow in to such roles. Now that I think about it, it was falsely sugar coated. Anyhow, after the first call with the VP, second call was a 1 hour long tech interview. I was working with 2 recruiters (strange?). I was also told that after the first tech interview, if they still liked me then they would call me for an onsite interview. For a very long time (about 2 weeks or so) I didn't get any feedback for my 1st tech interview. Eventually I heard back from the recruiter (after I emailed them about withdrawing my application for this job) that since nobody was around (really?), they did not contact me. Looks like all tech folks on the team and all the recruiters were out for training etc together at the same time. Then comes the fun part. They wanted another phone interview as the first interviewer didn't sense enough pre-sales skills in me (you must be kidding me). Isn't that what I clarified right in the beginning? That is when I emailed the recruiter again that I have really withdrawn my application because I didn't see any career with this kind of an unorganized/unprofessional company. All this went on for about month and a half. The recruiter didn't give up and left voice messages and so did their VP. I am not sure what exactly were they trying to get at after I pulled my application out. One more thing I would like to mention is that I emailed the recruiter couple of times after they wanted to do a 2nd phone interview about how the interview process is going to progress from here on. She would never reply back to emails and would always call despite the fact that I had informed her about no phone signal at my work place. In nutshell, if you are seriously looking for a change in your career and not just fishing around, my sincere advise to you is to stay away from this company and don't waste your precious month and a half for literally nothing like me.

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qubole (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Typically don’t write these, but unfortunately I had a pretty poor experience interviewing with Qubole. The onsite portion was fine, but the lack of follow up was abysmal. I took half a day off from work to go onsite and meet with 5 people. I was told that they typically provide quick feedback. I was then scheduled for a final round phone interview. When the time came, no call and I noticed that the interviewer wasn’t on the invite. I emailed the recruiter to see if that time still worked, but was told he had something come up and no longer could make the call, apologies for the inconvenience. I thought ok, no problem, things come up, but didn’t understand the lack of effort to reschedule. So I responded with my understanding and provided additional times I would be available. I heard nothing for 4 days and it took 3 emails from me to even get an “I’ll check with the team” response from the recruiter. That was now over a week ago and no response again. I completely understand if I wasn’t the candidate that they were looking for, but I don’t appreciate their lack of response and unprofessionalism. Least they could have done is be up front and said they are going a different direction. I’m disappointed that I took time and effort interviewing with this place.

Interview Questions

Qubole Response

Jan 8, 2019 – Head of Recruiting

We're sorry you had this experience with us and our lack of communication. We are implementing changes that should address this communication break down going forward.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qubole (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The entire process took a month. There were 2 phone calls with HR about the role and about my current profile. Then gave a online challenge (coding and shell scripting with few logical reasoning). After completion of that, was asked to visit company for on-site interview. Got results in a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions came from my resume. Apart from that few on securing cloud infrastructure/ docker containers. Past security related projects and enhancements.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

Started with intro. Was asked Leetcode DP question with its extension.
    The interviewer was short sighted or had only one solution in his mind.

Suggestion:
    If you are interviewing candidate then have open mind. Don't just fit one top leetcode solution, be open to new ideas.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

The usual scheduling stuff.
    Coming to the phone interview, the interviewer was nice and calm. He even went over the time limit waiting for me to finish the problem. But their expectations are way over the roof. How do you expect a candidate to solve a Leetcode medium and hard problem both in just 45 mins? And that too, the questions were not like you can give hints. It's almost really hard to answer unless you've solved the question on Leetcode already. If you can solve a Leetcode medium and hard problem in 45 minutes on a phone call without solving before, then you should be interviewing for Google or Facebook. I believe they need to set their expectations straight.

Interview Questions

• One of those Leetcode Medium and Hard which has high number of dislikes by coders.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qubole (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

After 1 weeks i submit my resume, they email me and scheduler my phone interview. They said 30 minutes process but only took me about 20 minutes, the whole process felt like the HR manager was having a lunch or something that distract our interview.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qubole (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and I received a call from the hiring manager for basic discussion about the role and my background.

The interviewer focused on knowing more about the company.
    After the interview, I did not receive any follow-up from them for about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer