Qubole Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qubole Interview Questions

Interviews at Qubole

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

First introduce background and explained one project in detail. Very patient interviewer and interested in the project. Then two typical programming problem. Not hard. Contacted by engineer directly and very quick process

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

The usual scheduling stuff.
    Coming to the phone interview, the interviewer was nice and calm. He even went over the time limit waiting for me to finish the problem. But their expectations are way over the roof. How do you expect a candidate to solve a Leetcode medium and hard problem both in just 45 mins? And that too, the questions were not like you can give hints. It's almost really hard to answer unless you've solved the question on Leetcode already. If you can solve a Leetcode medium and hard problem in 45 minutes on a phone call without solving before, then you should be interviewing for Google or Facebook. I believe they need to set their expectations straight.

Interview Questions

• One of those Leetcode Medium and Hard which has high number of dislikes by coders.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qubole (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Typically don’t write these, but unfortunately I had a pretty poor experience interviewing with Qubole. The onsite portion was fine, but the lack of follow up was abysmal. I took half a day off from work to go onsite and meet with 5 people. I was told that they typically provide quick feedback. I was then scheduled for a final round phone interview. When the time came, no call and I noticed that the interviewer wasn’t on the invite. I emailed the recruiter to see if that time still worked, but was told he had something come up and no longer could make the call, apologies for the inconvenience. I thought ok, no problem, things come up, but didn’t understand the lack of effort to reschedule. So I responded with my understanding and provided additional times I would be available. I heard nothing for 4 days and it took 3 emails from me to even get an “I’ll check with the team” response from the recruiter. That was now over a week ago and no response again. I completely understand if I wasn’t the candidate that they were looking for, but I don’t appreciate their lack of response and unprofessionalism. Least they could have done is be up front and said they are going a different direction. I’m disappointed that I took time and effort interviewing with this place.

Interview Questions

Qubole Response

Jan 8, 2019 – Head of Recruiting

We're sorry you had this experience with us and our lack of communication. We are implementing changes that should address this communication break down going forward.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qubole (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a 30 min basic HR interview, after which I had another 1 hr phone interview with the Head of Product. Followed by another 45 mins technical phone interview with one of their senior engineers.

I was asked to come on-site for another round of interviews. It lasted about 5-6 hours and I was interviewed by members of the senior staff(CEO, head of Product, security etc). All the rounds went well except for one where I got into an argument with one of the senior engineers who was interviewing me over Skype and was debating over some factually incorrect assumptions he was making over my role in my current company. Apart from this one round, my experience was overwhelmingly positive. It's a good company with a extremelyly talented bunch of folks working in it.

Unfortunately, I was not offered the job but they were prompt in getting back to me about it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about big data, hadoop, aws.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qubole.

Interview

Started with intro. Was asked Leetcode DP question with its extension.
    The interviewer was short sighted or had only one solution in his mind.

Suggestion:
    If you are interviewing candidate then have open mind. Don't just fit one top leetcode solution, be open to new ideas.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qubole in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email the next day wanting to phone interview. I was not offered the position, maybe because I asked to do part-time instead of full-time.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qubole (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The entire process took a month. There were 2 phone calls with HR about the role and about my current profile. Then gave a online challenge (coding and shell scripting with few logical reasoning). After completion of that, was asked to visit company for on-site interview. Got results in a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions came from my resume. Apart from that few on securing cloud infrastructure/ docker containers. Past security related projects and enhancements.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qubole (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed with a handful of companies and none compare to the positive experience that I had at Qubole. The best culture I've been around in a long time. I was able to connect with each of my interviewers on both a professional and personal level.

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qubole (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

In all there were 3 levels of interview ->
    a) Technical Phone Screen
    b) On Site/In Person
    c) Phone Screen with India Team

a) Technical Phone Screen interview covered my background, some basic coding questions in Java, some technical concepts in Java and ended with any question which I might have for the interviewer.
    The interviewer was very keen to listen to my background and interacted thoroughly till the end of the interview process.

b) On Site/In Person interview consisted of total six rounds of interviews which lasted about 1 hour each
    I got an opportunity to meet people from different teams, engineers, customer success manager, solution architects etc.
    Some of the interviews were very technical while some other covered topics from my resume, internship experience and general informal questions.
    This also covered one lunch interview with a Solutions Architect.
    Everyone was very helpful, co-operative, talented and willing to know why I am interested in joining this company.

c) Phone Interview with the India team was much informal and we discussed about the company, the role, the structure etc. with en experienced Solutions Architect

Interview Questions

• There was a Java Debugging session (average difficulty level) where you need to debug the compile time and run time errors with the aim of running the application   1 Answer
    • Debugging a java code to predict the output of the application   Answer Question
    • Many SQL based questions and database concepts like joins, queries etc.   Answer Question
    • Many behavioral questions like why do you want to join this company, where do you see yourself after 5/10 years, how can you contribute towards this company etc.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qubole (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me through LinkedIn. Initial HR phone conversation which covers topics like about Qubole, responsibility of the position and your current role. Two round of Tech phone interview with the Hiring manager and Director of Engineering, followed by an onsite interview. The first phone interview will have a git hub code debugging session and the second will be the coding interview. Onsite interview will have 4 1:1, be prepared for arch related questions.

Interview Questions

• -Given a array of positive and negative numbers move all the negative numbers to the right side of the array.
      -Linked list question.
      -Architecture related questions.
      - Analyze and debug a java code (clone from git hub)
      -Multithreading related questions and analyze a thread dump.   Answer Question