Quiksilver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.1

Digital Asset Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me by phone. HR recruiter did a basic phone screen first. Then asked me to come in to meet the “hiring manager“. The HR recruiter asked me to come in early morning. I arrived and the doors were locked. The recruiter had not provided any instructions beyond the arrival time, so I assumed he or a receptionist would be there to meet me. After roaming around for awhile, one of the building staff was able to put me in touch with the recruiter, who finally came out to meet me. After a standard 15 minute HR interview, he took me to meet with the hiring manager, with whom I was also scheduled to interview.
        The hiring manager was not there. After about 15 minutes of uncomfortable silence and small talk with the HR recruiter while we waited, the hiring manager arrived. Not much to the “interview”. The hiring manager pretty much just gave me a general job description and then stared at me in silence. Very awkward. I asked a few relevant questions about the position. After answering, the hiring manager would just stare in silence. I got the distinct impression he had little interest and just wanted to get the interview over with as soon as possible. He did not ask me any relevant questions about my background or experience. When I asked him if there was anything on my resume he would like me to give more detail about, he said no. The interview ended. Also, even though the recruiter had told me that the person I was meeting with was the “hiring manager“, it turned out he was not. The gentleman who kept staring at me told me that the real hiring manager was actually based at there European headquarters in France and that I would need to interview with him by Skype or phone in order to be hired. If they had told me that on the phone, I would have declined to come in, seeing it for the wild goose chase it was. Probably why they chose to not reveal that information at the outset.
        It was a total waste of my time and money. The recruiter mentioned that they had been looking for a few months. I do not think they are seriously looking to fill the position. My impression is that they are on a never-ending fishing expedition with no serious interest in any particular candidate. Hence, the lack of questions and the lack of courtesy exhibited towards candidates. Not surprisingly, within a couple of days they had relisted the position yet again. Knowing what I know now, I will avoid this company in the future. Very unprofessional people and an unpleasant experience.

Retail Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Aguadilla, PR) in February 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone interview, then I got a second personal interview and a third interview at the office in Aguadilla with the territory manager and the controller. It sounds a lot but it was really easy overall.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from us in the upcoming years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Went by pretty quickly, interviewed in the stock room and was hired on the spot. The whole interview was a personality quiz. It was easy for me to get an interview because I knew a supervisor, otherwise, good luck

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Tinton Falls, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief but thorough. I expected simple questions but was surprised by the questions that asked and was a little stumped on a view. But it showed they took their employee hiring process serious and wanted hard workers only.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities about yourself that make you a valuable employee?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied through online ad. The HR recruiter contacted me within a couple of days and we agreed upon a mutual time and day to meet. When that day arrived, I met first with the HR recruiter and she asked me basic questions and talked about the company. I then met with my future boss. The interview took about an hour. I then met with two other employees.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quiksilver.

Interview

Typical three tier. I was interviewed by the District Manager 2x and the HR department 1x. The first round was more of a 'get to know you' interview, the next 2 more in depth. Come prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quiksilver.

Interview

Group interview/ Audition type. For one week we had to basically fight for the job while putting together the whole store Which is a terrible way to do a job interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quiksilver in September 2015.

Interview

They usually get people based off their Facebook and social media when they apply, keep that in mind. Otherwise, the interview was normal as any surf shop, asking you questions any normal place would. Very informal, however. If you get along with the people you probably wouldn't have much trouble.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

They talk to you very casually to figure out what kind of person you are. They will likely ask you to pick out three outfits from their three brand choices, this is to see what your style is like.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company is Quiksilver? why should i hire you?   Answer Question

I was offered another job that gave more money per hour.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quiksilver (Huntington Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They only emailed saying to wait if i was getting the job. But , generally when you are an intern you only do phone interview. They contacted me by email that they received my resume. I waited for 7 days until they sent me an email again saying that i got the position.