Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.6

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview in Madison Ave office. Interviewer was very friendly. They said interviews are always short and this is true. They want to read you right away. Do not be nervous, be friendly and relaxed.

Litigation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview process, although a long day of interviews in the office. I felt flattered that people who were ordinarily quite busy with important things were taking time out of their days to genuinely get to know me.

Associate Interview

Interview

Typical law firm interview. Met with HR, two partners, and three associates. The point is basically to see if you are normal, because all they really care about is your law school and grades. The problem is the firm always picks the associates who are most energetic and happy.

Interview Questions

• None. There are no difficult or unexpected questions in law firm interviews.   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Interview

The Interview process was average, nothing out of the norm as I went through a recruiting agency. They interviewers were very polite but at the same time, they mean business. It was made clear that it is a very busy environment, and they need someone to stay on their toes, at the same time, you have the ability to dress comfortably and use any tools necessary to get the job done correctly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the same question seemed to be asked more than once, but in different words. All in all, it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2015.

Interview

I was set up for an interview through a staffing agency. I interviewed with the staffing agency and then the law firm was interested in setting up an interview with them once they saw my resume and credentials. I arrived early and dressed professional. My interviewer was wearing a Yankees hat with a du-rag, t-shirt, jeans, and Timberland boots. I knew they allowed people to dress casual, but really? This is the first person I met from Quinn Emanuel and this will be the lasting impression I always have of them.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewer was casually dressed, wearing jeans and drinking a coke. Was a brief interview (during OCI) but received an invitation to their networking event that night and a callback. Overall was a less traditional law firm interview - we spoke about drinking and wine. Lawyer was on his phone twice during the interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews from the Paralegal Manager to Jr, Sr, and Partner interviews. If they take your resume (i.e. they invite you to interview) it becomes more about fit then your credentials.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Questions

• Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very laid back and friendly. You will meet with another staff attorney and discuss the case and expectations of the job. Most staff contract attorneys are very helpful. Some feel entitled to more because Quinn spoils them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it