R+L Carriers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

R+L Carriers Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

Was referred by a friend which is good because this company relies heavily on word of mouth. Spoke to TM and he was very nice. Asked me about my job experience as well as skills pertaining to the job applied for. Gave me a chance even though I was over qualified and also took note of my personality and appearance before making his decision.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Wilmington, OH).

Interview

First interview was with the resource manager over the phone. Second interview was with IT Director face to face. They are casual and relaxed. Experienced project managers doing the interview. Not particularly looking for PMP certification. Expect project to conform to structured methodology. No experience in logistics necessary but willing to learn LT L business quickly is expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Are you familar eith Prince2 Methodology?   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

I got a email from the recruiter that hiring manager will call me to know for initial phone screening and she asked me to provide a time slot for the call. First :She set up a call out of the time slot provided by me .Second : The hiring manager did not call just to know about the job experience but it was an actually telephonic interview call with 4 other managers and it lasted for 2 hours . All sorts of behavioral questions as well as technical questions . They told me that the recruiter will get back to me next week about the hiring decision.Third: The recruiter didn't even updated me and on top of that didn't even replied to my followup emails . I have been in this industry from so long and this kind of experience is unique and very frustrating.Unprofessional.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about three weeks. First round is with an HR Rep and the second is face to face in the office with full time account reps. The people that interviewed me face to face were not hiring managers which was kind of weird but i guess the company let the employees pick their own interns that they would be working with.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very quick transportation manger was to the point and told me what the job paid with out asking. Also told me what route was available.
    Asked me did I feel comfortable pulling doubles. Told me he would forward my app to corporate and let me know that day or the next. Positive interview.

Interview Questions

• What job do you want to work at this company.
      Do you feel comfortable pulling doubles.
      Do you mind starting at 10:30 pm.   1 Answer

International Logistics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to come in for an interview and after the interview they called me and told me they would keep in contact with my while they found someone qualified to train me. I didn't hear from them till two months after the initial interview and they told me they had found someone else. Waste of time.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Ocala, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview Process really smooth. Submitted my Resume in Career Fair. Got a call for the First interview onsite - 45 mins questions touching basics of testing and behavioral (more like a conversation) and the second interview consisted of a test.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I got called for interview to their office next day. I did this twice. They don't reimburse any expenses. One of my interviews was a phone call in their office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic. I received a phone call from the Terminal manager to come in from an interview. I sat down with the Operations Manager and Terminal Manager. Impressed them with responses to their questions along with a solid resume and background experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was given an offer. My options were to accept it or Not to accept. Which they would continue their search to fill the position.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Wallingford, CT).

Interview

Nothing really to describe. I had a quick and easy process due to knowing the Terminal manager at the time from a previous company.I have nothing else to add but you require me to type out a fifty word minimum. It was a sunny day today in Connecticut but it was cool out.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind switching to a city driver position?   1 Answer