RA Sushi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at RA Sushi

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RA Sushi.

Interview

Brief but to the point. Wanted to see the type of personality I had. What I did on my free time and future goals. Asked about my background and experience. Customer service experience and how would I respond to it.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic interview process, show during an hour some knife skills and general kitchen skills.
    Shorter than average "stage" most Japanese chef will do a full day stage.
    Other restaurants will ask the candidate to work for a full day free, as "Stage" to test the skills, here basically it was just one hour.
    This location have been transitioning kitchen management at the time, which reflected on the interviewer.
    Most practices were consistent with any other Japanese restaurant.

Interview Questions

• How long you been a cook?
      Do you have a sanitation license?
      What experience you have with Japanese cuisine?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much room to wiggle the hourly pay.

Server Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a manager and a manager from the corporate level they were both very hospitable and made it very easy to speak to them. It was a process of about 30 minutes with a short wait and I was offered a beverage while I waited.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Miami, FL).

Interview

I sat with two different managers, assistant and general manager. Both were just to kind of feel me out. Both seemed laid back.I got the offer after a day or two. Pretty basic interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Two part interview with a primary Keyholder and then a GM both were very friendly and asked good questions and made me feel relaxed. I was told that they would hold a second interview with another manager to get a second opinion. They called me 3 days later saying they didn't need a 2nd interview and that i had the job.

Interview Questions

• What are three things your previous employer would say about you?   Answer Question

Dish Washer Interview

Interview

quick and dirty. walked in manage asked about previous experience. said he needed some help in the dishroom and that you could work your way up. whole interview time was under 20 minutes as long as you don't look like a idiot your fine.

Interview Questions

• have you ever washed dishes before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Tustin, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, to the point. Met with 3 Managers, including General Manager. Made interview appointments and met accordingly with all the managers. The overall experience was easy going and casual. Explained what the RA is all about and the training process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed two times by manager than general manager. Was called day after 2nd interview. Stated first day of training within 3 days. Filled out an application online, called hiring manager to see if it had been reviewed. Took almost 25 min while I waited to get interviewed, but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Do u have open availability?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

First they called me in for an interview. The place was just opening so they were doing a big interviewing party. Everyone was really nice and helpful. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about my strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RA Sushi (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Very very short and quick. They like if you're aggressive and don't waste any time. Even better if you fill out any and all forms right there including employment forms. They take a picture of you and send it to HR to make sure you're attractive enough to work there. It's a pretty peso job for sure.

Interview Questions

• Very specific about hours and what you're expecting for your patches.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to work, dominate at least 2 weeks before you can negotiate a dime