Rack Room Shoes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Lafayette, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was spoken to about previous employment, but found out that management did not even contact my previous employers. Had to wait over two weeks before I started working due to a managers retreat at a resort that the manager had to come back from. The first day that I started I worked over 9 hours performing inventory that I was not trained for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes.

Interview

Very short, easy and to the point. Interviewer was nice, polite and didnt ask many questions. I cannot wait to begin my new career here. Hopefully i can move up to store management soon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what i wanted

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes.

Interview

Interview was easy. Just went over my resume and talked about my past experiences. Basically hired me on the spot, said he just had to get the approval of the RDM.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just basic questions like what is my management style, what would you do in a certain situation, etc....   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The entire process was pretty efficient. Since I had already been working in the same shopping center as the Rack Room, I had been networking with the store manager for some time. When a position became available, I was offered a chance to interview. The interview was pretty basic. I had done a lot of research on the company prio to the interview, so I was able to steer the conversation in a direction that appealed to my strengths.

Negotiation

Had to negotiate with the DM through the store manager, so it was difficult to command a higher offer.

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Jonesboro, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring was told to go online but store manager did a face to face right then. Not very professional. She just gave me an application and had me fill it out and gave me the job right then. I had to go back to fill out my paper work the next day and had to go back a few days later because she forgot to do the background check form after I had already be given the job. No drug test

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Allen, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I briefly had an interview they were more concern if i was bilingual, and needed someone to speak spanish, so when i told them i was i got hired right away. i really didn't get the full interview i was just put on hand to the job

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work mornings?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I started as part time sales. The interview was a simple sit down with the store manager with just a few simple questions. After that I moved up with the company little by little all with simple conversations with my supervisor. I began going through training courses and was even invited to the home office in Charlotte NC for further training. After I had completed sufficient training I was offered a store manager position and excepted. Low pay, however enjoyable experience.

Negotiation

None. First job and didn't argue.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The store manager asked me question and my how my schedule looked like and why I wanted the job. Mentioned some difficulties that the company and store has been having and if I believed I was capable to help the other employees with these tasks. She asked about scheduling and said how often will I need to request off and I mentioned what my schedule looked like and she said she can work with it but I needed to notify before hand. She also mentioned she appreciated my effort in calling for the status of my application to prove to her that I wanted the job.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes.

Interview

The interview was laid back and upbeat. They asked about my background, jobs, and specific pieces in my portfolio. They took me on a tour of the space and introduced me to other employees.

Interview Questions

• Take us through your design process on a specific project.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Port Charlotte, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable and nice. It didn't take long for me to get hired because I already knew the manager prior to the interview. Because of this, I believe that is why I was hired so easily.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work here?   1 Answer