RainKing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RainKing Interview Questions

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RainKing in December 2015.

Interview

I initiated the call with the recruiting manager the morning after applying for the position. I received some details regarding the role (work hours 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, base salary $36,000, $600 bonus per quarter), and was told that the hiring manager will contact me within a day or two if I were to proceed to the interview. No questions were asked in particular, and I did not receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• She did not ask me any questions, aside from the information already on my resume.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Interview process was pretty typical. Review of the resume, discussion of your background and why you want to be in sales. Two in-person interviews and a written test that measures your personality type and where you fit in with the company. Interviewed by several different people, all of whom asked pretty difficult, but relevant questions that you should be prepared for. Don't talk about anything from experience that does not relate at all or has no significance that could hurt your chances.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

Phone-->wonderlic--> in person--> hired
    It was a standard interview process. Nothing stood out and too long ago to remember. Overall I don't remember, I don't have thirty words to describe it. Standard is about all I've got

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate, they claimed they don't. Found out others started at higher salary

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Easy interview with experienced sales professionals. They know how to test your skills during the interview process. If you are able to overcome the 2 intelligence and personality tests they make you take, then the rest of the process is a breeze. I may add the process is longer than larger companies, which leaves me concerned.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous sales experience?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of Engineering and a Senior Software Engineer. This interview started off as most other developer interviews would - talked about the position, the company, and then my resume/experience. Next up was the tech portion. First, I was asked to code a Singleton in Java - easy enough. Second question came out of left field and pertained to a binary tree, of which I've never dealt with in my 7+ years of programming experience. I told the interviewer I had never dealt with that data structure and asked for a different question. The interview proceeded normally, and I continued to code questions for them on paper as well as answer some basic Java, JavaScript & Hibernate questions. I found it a bit distracting/odd that while I was working out solutions, the 2 interviewers were discussing the story lines of their favorite TV shows. Nonetheless, I didn't let it get to me. It was clear that the interviewers did not come prepared, as they were constantly looking at one another to come up with a new question to stump me, rather than drawing from a list they had prepared. At one point I inquired about benefits, and it was mentioned that they offer only 5 days of PTO in the first year. I'm pretty sure ISIS gives more vacation than that.

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer. I was told that they liked me and I would have been an asset to their team, but because I chose to not attempt the 1 question related to the binary tree they could not extend an offer. If this was the case, why on earth did they waste my time for an additional hour and a half quizzing me? I even successfully answered a question that the Director of Engineering himself could not solve during his interview. Excellent use of everybody's time...

If I could give a bit of advice to potential software engineering candidates it would be to STAY AWAY. They are not forward-thinking in their approach to technology. The area where the engineers sit is a very sad/dark corner of the office, which is otherwise taken over by sales reps on the phone all day.

Interview Questions

• Code a Singleton.   Answer Question
    • Write a function/method that swaps integers a & b without using a 3rd variable.   Answer Question
    • Write a function/method that counts the letters in an array of Strings.   Answer Question
    • Write a function/method that prints "fizz" if a number is divisible by 3, "buzz" if a number is divisible by 5, and "fizzbuzz" if a number is divisible by both 3 and 5.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

The process was one test which I passed with flying colors when I came in for another interview face to face I initially thought the guy I believe his name was George something with a g was impressed with my test scores and personality but unfortunately rainking is a very unprofessional company they could not even call and give me the courtesy of telling me I had not gotten the job, they had my recruiter tell me and never gave me a concrete answer as to why I was not hired. My personal beliefs are that they don't not employ alot of minorities from what I can see when I stepped in the office.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I applied for the position and received an email from the employer asking me to complete a writing analysis and a third-party assessment that tested your critical thinking skills, the Wonderlic. After I completed the assessments the employer reached out to me again within a day or two to schedule a phone interview. He gave me a brief rundown of the company's history, its culture, and the requirements of the position. He asked me a couple of questions about my experience (professional/educational) and what it was I looking for from an internship. After the phone interview I sent him a thank you email and within a few days he contacted me via email letting me know I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk to me a little bit about your past internship? What did you like about it? What didn't you like?
      2. What would you say are your top 2-3 professional strengths at this time and how can you use them to excel at RainKing.
      3. If you had to describe your ideal internship what would it look like, from the moment you step foot in the office to when you check out for the day?
      4. Do you have any questions for me?
      Answer Question

Corporate Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

In person interview that involved an arduous, timed skills review test. If the test answers were successful, you met with the appropriate Team Leader who discussed the role, explained the day-to-day process and asked about qualifications/experience, etc. If not, I believe you spoke with someone less senior as more of a nicety. It seems like it would be a better use of everyone's time if this test was offered online prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people to provide or verify personal information they may not want to share?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, so my experience might not be the same as others, but it was easy and smooth. Took the Wonderlick and Personality test, then met with team manager, and then other team members.

Interview Questions

• They asked me fairly basic/typical interview questions such as what are you strengths, weaknesses, how do you work with others, managing style, etc. and my past experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

Pretty extensive. Need to complete wonderlic, writing test, and interview with two Research managers if you pass the wonderlic.

Interview Questions

• Give me a example of a time where you had to multitask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.