RainKing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RainKing

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Very fast and efficient. they gave me both and email and phone interview. Submitting the paperwork was quite easy. They were very friendly and really wanted to see how interested you were in the technology field.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience doing research? what was my interest in the tech world?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RainKing (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, first with management, second with senior management. I found it to be very easy as people were just looking for someone to fill a temporary role. I was never stressed in the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of Engineering and a Senior Software Engineer. This interview started off as most other developer interviews would - talked about the position, the company, and then my resume/experience. Next up was the tech portion. First, I was asked to code a Singleton in Java - easy enough. Second question came out of left field and pertained to a binary tree, of which I've never dealt with in my 7+ years of programming experience. I told the interviewer I had never dealt with that data structure and asked for a different question. The interview proceeded normally, and I continued to code questions for them on paper as well as answer some basic Java, JavaScript & Hibernate questions. I found it a bit distracting/odd that while I was working out solutions, the 2 interviewers were discussing the story lines of their favorite TV shows. Nonetheless, I didn't let it get to me. It was clear that the interviewers did not come prepared, as they were constantly looking at one another to come up with a new question to stump me, rather than drawing from a list they had prepared. At one point I inquired about benefits, and it was mentioned that they offer only 5 days of PTO in the first year. I'm pretty sure ISIS gives more vacation than that.

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer. I was told that they liked me and I would have been an asset to their team, but because I chose to not attempt the 1 question related to the binary tree they could not extend an offer. If this was the case, why on earth did they waste my time for an additional hour and a half quizzing me? I even successfully answered a question that the Director of Engineering himself could not solve during his interview. Excellent use of everybody's time...

If I could give a bit of advice to potential software engineering candidates it would be to STAY AWAY. They are not forward-thinking in their approach to technology. The area where the engineers sit is a very sad/dark corner of the office, which is otherwise taken over by sales reps on the phone all day.

Interview Questions

• Code a Singleton.   Answer Question
    • Write a function/method that swaps integers a & b without using a 3rd variable.   Answer Question
    • Write a function/method that counts the letters in an array of Strings.   Answer Question
    • Write a function/method that prints "fizz" if a number is divisible by 3, "buzz" if a number is divisible by 5, and "fizzbuzz" if a number is divisible by both 3 and 5.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Super easy coming on board. I didn't have trouble talking or answering the questions. They did take a little time to get back with me with the position. That was a little nerve-racking. It ended upbeing one of my best decisions ever!

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

The process was one test which I passed with flying colors when I came in for another interview face to face I initially thought the guy I believe his name was George something with a g was impressed with my test scores and personality but unfortunately rainking is a very unprofessional company they could not even call and give me the courtesy of telling me I had not gotten the job, they had my recruiter tell me and never gave me a concrete answer as to why I was not hired. My personal beliefs are that they don't not employ alot of minorities from what I can see when I stepped in the office.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Easy interview with experienced sales professionals. They know how to test your skills during the interview process. If you are able to overcome the 2 intelligence and personality tests they make you take, then the rest of the process is a breeze. I may add the process is longer than larger companies, which leaves me concerned.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous sales experience?   1 Answer

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I came in for my first round interview and felt like I was being cross-examined. Next they had me take the wunderlick test and a personality test. The final interview was via skype to see how I communicated over a digital medium. I had no idea whether I would get the offer or not based on my read f management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation to be had. The stuck firmly to their initial offer.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I applied for the position and received an email from the employer asking me to complete a writing analysis and a third-party assessment that tested your critical thinking skills, the Wonderlic. After I completed the assessments the employer reached out to me again within a day or two to schedule a phone interview. He gave me a brief rundown of the company's history, its culture, and the requirements of the position. He asked me a couple of questions about my experience (professional/educational) and what it was I looking for from an internship. After the phone interview I sent him a thank you email and within a few days he contacted me via email letting me know I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk to me a little bit about your past internship? What did you like about it? What didn't you like?
      2. What would you say are your top 2-3 professional strengths at this time and how can you use them to excel at RainKing.
      3. If you had to describe your ideal internship what would it look like, from the moment you step foot in the office to when you check out for the day?
      4. Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. Two managers led it and really wanted to get a feel for who I was and what I was interested in. The entire process took less than 30 minutes.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

You apply, and the hiring manager gets back to you, usually pretty quickly. You come in for an interview, and take an IQ test called the wonderlic. This is pretty much the only factor that determines whether you will get the job. Its a basic IQ test. Remember you can skip questions.

Two Research Managers will interview. Nobody is really experienced at interviewing, so the questions won't be tough.

If you did well on the Wonderlic, and didn't totally botch your interview, you should receive an offer call reasonably quickly. If you didn't that's because the job you interviewed for wasn't actually open. This company interviews with they're fully staffed in case somebody suddenly quits. You may receive an offer a month or two down the road if this happens. Nothing really wrong with it, but thats how it is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to negotiate. It can't hurt to ask for more money.