Randalls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Randalls (Round Rock, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Single interview with Assistant Store Director only, No double interview, no District Manager approval, not even an interview with the Chief Store Director.

Questions were idiot proof, this is a Department Manger position, no thorough discussion on managing a Department is covered.

Interview Questions

• None, should note there was an sales solicitation question/exercise which is very atypical for grocery.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just a call, I was told when I'd start and the pay I would receive

Butcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Randalls (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Already hired a year. Promoted from deli to meat dept. The regional market manager was late to my cutting test. Which I took on my day off. My own time. Then after the test that I passed swimmingly, told me that we'll discuss pay later. (never did) and told flat out that wont be offered fulltime benifits. Working 40 hrs a week for over a year. In addition, if I neglected my new responsibilities ill be written up or worse. 1 year later we get a new store director and fires me two weeks of arriving because I took a break past 7. Still no benifits.

Cash Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Randalls (Humble, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I initially applied for the cash clerk office position however,management said that I would have to work as a checker first then progress into the cash office clerk position which is fine with me. I called pretty much every other day in order to get a response so don't feel discouraged if you haven't heard anything back, call and check your status as they will actually pull your app and look at it. Be friendly and don't forget to smile and have basic manners

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a limited amount of wiggle room they wanted to start off at minimum wage but I had a minimum and they were willing to work with it

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Randalls (Katy, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy interview. Arrive 15 minutes early for the interview. Make sure to bring your paper work with you. They will have a preliminary test for the position before you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to step up to take leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randalls (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Really easy. Hired on the spot. they pretty much just asked you about your personality and why you wanna work there. They are so desperate for help that they hire everyone on the spot. very easy to get a job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randalls (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was easy. My hiring manager made me feel like I've known her for a long time. she told me what she was looking for. How Randalls works, told me the bad part of it and also the good one. she didn't sugarcoat anything.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Randalls (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were nice. Some general questions such as “Tell me about yourself?” and “Have you been arrested or incarcerated due to a criminal offense”. The process itself didn’t take long and they have the application you filled out online printed, so they can kind of speed up the process of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randalls (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

it was pretty much, easy simple fast and quick. no problem what so ever no hard Q's just come up with random answers if you don't have previous work exp

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randalls (Houston, TX).

Interview

Easy hired on the spot lady was nice stragit to the point about what they were looking for. She hired me I filled out papers and I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Randalls (Katy, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The process was a very simple one at first. I met the store manager while going through the check put leave where she had jumped on to help customers. I inquired about any job openings the store might have & she asked me to submit an application online, then have me the phone number to the hiring manager.

The interview itself was simple, to the point & by the end I was asked when I worked be able to start.

Interview Questions

• What my strengths& weaknesses are   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate the rate of pay