Raytheon Solipsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Solipsys Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Solipsys.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later by a recruiter. We set up an initial phone screen with one of the managers. This had it's fair share of technical questions, much of it related to object oriented programming. Feedback from that was positive, so I got an onsite interview 2 weeks later. The main portion of this was sitting down with a manager and 2 programmers to answer questions about a wide range of technical topics. It was heavy in OOP, but threaded applications, networking, and design patterns were also mentioned. Expect to have to code one or two things on the whiteboard. Then there were a couple 1 on 1s with managers. These had almost no technical questions and were more behavioral

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Solipsys (Fulton, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

applied through web site, took about a week for the interview. They wanted to do the phone interview first, but the Talent Acquisition(?) messed up and skipped to the in-person interview. They didn't let me know how it went for two weeks after. I had to email them to find out that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Java Singleton questions, how to ensure it's initialized only once. High level merging two arrays that are in order. Some design questions....   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Solipsys (Fulton, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Two interviews in total. The first interview was over the second was in person at their site in Fulton, MD. The on-site interview was with 3 employees and 1 manager. Both interviews were technical in nature, but the first was was more difficult than the second I felt like. The phone interview was a bunch of technical questions about data structures, etc, and the in person interview was more technical questions on a white board, solving problems, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures, combining sets, nothing you shouldn't know with a little bit of experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I/II Interview

Interview

Technical interview over the phone, then flown out to interview with the company. Travel arrangements handled by the company were easy and painless. Once there, interviewed with a pair of hiring managers in a mostly personality interview setting. The interview consisted mainly of trying to figure out if you would be a good fit in their company. Haven't heard back yet, assuming no offer will be coming.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon Solipsys (Fulton, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Was called in for an interview two days after applying. Talked to hiring manager first and then interviewed with a senior engineer. The hiring manager gave me some tips about how to answer some behavioral questions and then told me the technical questions that were going to be asked.

Interview Questions

• What is data encapsulation, constructor, deconstructor, and some others.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon Solipsys (Fulton, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

The initial contact was an phone call asking to set up an interview. They were really flexible and understanding because I emailed to reschedule the interview the day before we originally set it and they agreed to move it to the next week.

The onsite interview was really straightforward and pleasant. I met with an employee who had been there for 10+ years and he asked me first about the items listed on my resume and about myself. Then he asked some technical questions about software development in general. Whole process took about 30-45 minutes.

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Solipsys (Fulton, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter Brooke Helmly was great. She was interested in my goals and ideas. Was pretty knowledgable about SW Engineering. They have great benefits like a 200% match on 401k. Interviewed with Roger.

Interview Questions

• Specific coding and scripting questions on Java side I was a little rusty   Answer Question

Salary low