Real-Time Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough and done very well. I spoke with every one at each level from the accountants (who I'd be working with) to the VP of Operations. All the interviewers were super friendly and I could feel that they really stress the importance of keeping a solid company culture. Each separate interview was about 45 minutes and the whole process took about a normal work day. I remember leaving the interview hoping I would get a call back for a job offer because I loved everything about what RTI was doing.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

RTI is one of those companies that's on a mission to change the world...literally.

When I saw the opening for this position I knew I wanted to have shot with the company, so I applied. A person on the recruiting team reached out to me for a phone interview, I did well, and was invited to come onsite. The onsite interview was standard but also very informational. Laptop were used to capture notes, which I thought was different than most companies I interviewed with. Despite this, the interviewers had no problem connecting with me. I left knowing the culture of the company and a little bit of what they do. I was even more excited about the opportunity.

A week later, I was offered the position and I had no hesitation choosing RTI as my long term employer!

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very robotic , old school and uncomfortable. I had one phone interview with HM and then was brought in a few days later to meet the team (waste of 4 hours). When I arrived, I had to dial an extension (no receptionist) to let me in. They printed a paper application for me to fill out, which I refused as I already filled an online application out. I almost ran after I saw this, but looked at it as an area I can provide recommendations for improvement. There was no natural dialogue among the interviewers. Computers up whole time in front of their face taking notes, and some were even unprepared as they had not reviewed my resume beforehand (which they actually said to me). I have interviewed successfully at several organizations and this was the worst interview experience I have had. Please train your interviewers and HR team to think outside the box. The dept will only evolve with new perspectives. You need more senior professionals to build some basic foundations and build capabilities of your employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized, how do you multitask? (How is this relevant to a senior professional role?) Why should we hire you? (Pointless question. If you don't have a feel for how I can add value by the end of our hour together, and you have to ask, then this clearly isn't a match. I can say that they probably bing'd (not even googled) old school interview questions with no purpose. Def not for culture purposes. Let's focus on experiences, solving problems, projects, strategic value add - not organization/multitask skills.   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a very kind recruiter and had my telephonic interview set up. The interview was for an hour and questions asked were based on projects along with some management questions and general questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations.

Interview

General one-day interview. I met with four different interviewers, and had a lunch with two employees. Depending on the time available they tae you to lunch offsite, or have lunch catered in. The recruiter Avni makes the process really smooth, and easy to follow.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

After a phone talk with HR, 2 rounds of technical interviews via Skype were scheduled. First round was with VP, and the next one was with a Principal Engineer. Since it was an internship role, questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Round 1:
      a)Implement a robust linked list (Takeaways- take care of malloc failures and memory leaks)
      b)Find a loop in a linkedlist.

Round 2:
      Questions were based on OOPs concepts in C++ - polymorphism, memory structure etc.
      Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day, the hr representative contacted me to set up an phone interview with the hiring manager. I then did a 30-45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and the a couple days later, was invited to come onsite for a full day of interviews. They like to finish the interview process in 1 onsite round which is great because a decision can be made sooner than later and eliminates 5 plus interview rounds. The onsite interviews that I had at their Sunnyvale office was great. Everyone I met was friendly, knowledgeable, and I left the interview feeling that this is the company for me. A day after the interviews, the hiring manager called me to let me know feedback was positive and that reference checks were next. The end result, after references were completed, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Career Path questions- its important to them they can provide a career path for you.   1 Answer

Field Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Sent them a resume, they called me. I spoke with a Vice President of Field Engineering for over an hour, then spoke with an engineer for over an hour. The questions were open-ended and not well formed. I clearly understand their product and how it is useful, but this did not seem to be important. The interview process was not very impressive.

Interview Questions

• Implement a highly scalable streaming audio and video server/client system. Also, implement memcpy().   Answer Question

I have not been sent feedback based on the interview yet. The interview process is not yet complete. There is no way to select this as a status.

Feb 3, 2016 – HR Team

Thank you for your input. We intentionally ask many open ended questions in the early stages of our interview process to get to know candidates and get a sense for what working with them might be ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with two engineers
    2. Onsite
    - introduction
    - two interviews
    - lunch
    - interview
    - Wrap up with VP and introduce to the company

Questions were not that hard. Mostly about C++ and Concurrency, and threads.

People were all very nice.

Did not do so well on-site.

Interview Questions

Real-Time Innovations Response

Jul 6, 2016 – HR Team

We are happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience and that you found the people you met were nice. Although we did not proceed with an offer, we really appreciate your feedback on our ... More

Software Engineer, Summer 2016 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an email from one of their senior devs. Had one and only one technical Skype screen and done. This interview was filled with surprise. The interview questions were surprisingly easy but I was required to code in C (C++ is also fine so I chose that since I am better at C++). Another surprising thing is that one of the interviewers was from my University (yes they had two interviewers on Skype with me for this interview). Third surprise is that even though the question is so easy, the so called "senior dev" was not able to figure out whether my solution is correct or not. Maybe he hasn't touched these materials for a long time and in that case it is understandable. I think the questions will be a lot more difficult for a formal SDE position though. After two months of wait, I was told that although I did well on the interview, they lowered their head count and ran out of positions so eventually I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Linked list creation, deletion, cycle detection in preferably C (C++ is OK)   1 Answer

Jan 27, 2016 – HR Team

We do our best to expedite our scheduling and decision making, and we're sorry that the process may have been much longer than usual for you. We have a large number of students who apply for our ... More