Real-Time Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough and done very well. I spoke with every one at each level from the accountants (who I'd be working with) to the VP of Operations. All the interviewers were super friendly and I could feel that they really stress the importance of keeping a solid company culture. Each separate interview was about 45 minutes and the whole process took about a normal work day. I remember leaving the interview hoping I would get a call back for a job offer because I loved everything about what RTI was doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

They approached me, found my resume in my school's database.

Initial phone screen was on C/C++ basics (like what does & do) and ambitions.

On-site interview was a bunch of 1 on 1s with a few engineers and senior people like VPs and the CEO. Also had a technical test and what I remember is it asking you to write some code for an application, a kind of design spec, what some networking terms are, etc.

The 1 on 1s weren't difficult. Did some problem solving with an engineer, while the non-engineering types asked questions on ambitions, where you want to go, etc.

Not being a systems or networking guy, I think it would have been more helpful had I had more of a background in concurrency, networking and multi-threading in C/C++...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with two engineers
    2. Onsite
    - introduction
    - two interviews
    - lunch
    - interview
    - Wrap up with VP and introduce to the company

Questions were not that hard. Mostly about C++ and Concurrency, and threads.

People were all very nice.

Did not do so well on-site.

Interview Questions

Real-Time Innovations Response

Jul 6, 2016 – HR Team

We are happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience and that you found the people you met were nice. Although we did not proceed with an offer, we really appreciate your feedback on our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Two phones interviews, basic questions about linked list, Network, threads. On-site 4 interviews, it seems pretty positive and they where simple, but I didn't get any offer. I think this is because RTI could not provide competitive salary comparing other tech companies in bay area. If you look at company culture people have very long tenure (~10 years) which is not very common in bay area. So usually when they started the job the salaries are very low. For company it is very hard to offer high salary for senior new employee. My recommendation is don't waist time for applying or just consider it as the warm up for other companies interview.

Interview Questions

• Resume and background related to IOT. Question about object oriented design.   Answer Question

Real-Time Innovations Response

Jun 21, 2018 – Recruiting Team

Thank you for your feedback. Before we bring any candidate onsite, we ensure we have a candid discussion on salary expectations and we stay competitive by paying market rate. We have a very strong... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

After a phone talk with HR, 2 rounds of technical interviews via Skype were scheduled. First round was with VP, and the next one was with a Principal Engineer. Since it was an internship role, questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Round 1:
      a)Implement a robust linked list (Takeaways- take care of malloc failures and memory leaks)
      b)Find a loop in a linkedlist.

Round 2:
      Questions were based on OOPs concepts in C++ - polymorphism, memory structure etc.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day, the hr representative contacted me to set up an phone interview with the hiring manager. I then did a 30-45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and the a couple days later, was invited to come onsite for a full day of interviews. They like to finish the interview process in 1 onsite round which is great because a decision can be made sooner than later and eliminates 5 plus interview rounds. The onsite interviews that I had at their Sunnyvale office was great. Everyone I met was friendly, knowledgeable, and I left the interview feeling that this is the company for me. A day after the interviews, the hiring manager called me to let me know feedback was positive and that reference checks were next. The end result, after references were completed, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Career Path questions- its important to them they can provide a career path for you.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

There was a thorough and technical skills test interview that was formatted like a written exam. The interview was a full day in length and I got to meet a lot of different people from upper management to various engineers. They took me out for lunch as part of the interview and I also received a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your previous job and work for RTI?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I'll start by saying that I would not be writing this review if I had gotten the offer. Anyway, before knowing the result I did have the feeling that the process had been non-standard (soft term for weird). When you as a candidate leave an interview with no clue on how to assess your performance, then most likely there is an issue with the questions.

The role is essentially technical (I made sure to clarify this with the interviewers), although it implies work on customers' premises (technical work I mean). The technical questions implied little coding and a bit of network design. When it comes to the soft skills evaluation, it seemed that the interviewers had nothing prepared, just 1-on-1 meetings speaking about my past experience, about what the role requires, etc. so I ended up answering the same questions 3 or 4 times.

Tip: if the role is about soft skills like communication or ability to give presentations, a good exercise would be to have the candidate present some of their past projects, or give them some business-related material in advance, and get them present it during the on-site session. Then the interviewers could ask questions 'with focus' on the topic being presented.

Tip for phone interview: use some advanced tool for code sharing like codeshare.io, not just Google docs.

All in all, I think the process was too vague for a role which is implicitly vague (as they understand it). It felt like a PR person without any technical background could have gotten the position before me.

Interview Questions

• On-site coding question

Given these two functions:

getCount() -> number of overflows of the ticks counter
      getTicks() -> number of ticks

and two constants:

TICKS_PER_SECOND
      MAX_TICKS -> max value returned by getTicks()

Write a function getTime() that returns the current time in seconds, using the given functions and constants.   1 Answer
    • Phone interview coding exercise:

Write a memmove function.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations.

Interview

General one-day interview. I met with four different interviewers, and had a lunch with two employees. Depending on the time available they tae you to lunch offsite, or have lunch catered in. The recruiter Avni makes the process really smooth, and easy to follow.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people at the home office (spent over four hours at the facility). One on one interviews with everyone up to the CEO. Thought it went fairly well but heard no feedback whatsoever - no email or phone call. Nothing. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I knew about their competition.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Real-Time Innovations (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Standard Interview Process-First the team then the manager and the HR