Real-Time Innovations Reviews | Glassdoor

Real-Time Innovations CEO Stan Schneider
Stan Schneider

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Small Company that is truly making an impact in Industrial IoT"

I have been working at Real-Time Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-the people at RTI are wonderful. No big egos, no favoritism. It's like a family environment everyone has each other's backs and are not quick to judge if a mistake is made.
    -Business is doing really good, company has received many accolades
    -Good benefits package and compensation
    -Catered lunch on Fridays
    -Good work/life balance
    -Unlimited Paid Time Off
    -Strong Culture
    -Ping Pong Table!

I've worked at big companies prior to coming to RTI. I am grateful that I made the switch from going to a household name company to a small company that is making a serious impact in the IoT space. I love how RTI recognizes its employees through various ways. You feel like your work is appreciated and that your not just a small fish in a big pond. RTI isn't your Google, Facebook, Yahoo, or Microsoft etc and that is great in my eyes. These big companies can lure you with their 100 plus perks ( probably to make you stay longer at work) and higher than average base pay but at the end of the day, you feel lost in a crowd where you don't see too much room for advancement and it becomes clear that their's more to life than having a full wallet. RTI gave me work satisfaction along with fair compensation for my level of experience, I feel happy coming to work each and everyday and working on exciting projects that I know will get implemented.

RTI is unique in the sense that the technology is destined to make an impact in the near future, the management team does not feel distant from the employee base and you can easily interact with upper management. In big companies, good luck in trying to meet a VP.

I love that their are not politics or favoritism in the company. Everyone that works hard is given the chance to succeed and rewarded fairly. The environment is positive and uplifting, there is hardly any drama and people generally here do not bad mouth each other. I've noticed many employees that are at RTI have stayed for over 4 years. This speaks volumes!

The CEO is down to earth and can easily interact with all employees.

Cons

I wish catered lunch was offered everyday. Would love to see more inter department team building events.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing an exceptionally good job. Keep being transparent.

2. "Small Company, with Small Company Culture"

I have been working at Real-Time Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RTI is a unique company that has a small company collaborative culture that allows for innovation, and work-life balance. The management cares about their employees and it shows through raises, awards, promotions, trust, and approval of time off. It is nice to feel valued by RTI, and they go above and beyond to make sure the employees do. I think most people have personal relationships with upper management, and the CEO. It is a different work environment when you come in, and say hi or have lunch with the CEO of your company.

Throughout my time at RTI I have been given more exposure to various projects within my department. In the year I have been here I have received a promotion. I collaborate with many different departments and attend fun events that are Interdepartmental. They have happy hours, summer Tahoe trips, white water rafting, skiing, and more. They put in a lot of effort to make sure we enjoy our time at RTI and have the opportunity to socialize with coworkers. The best thing about RTI really is the people. If you are looking for a small company culture where everyone knows everyone, this is the place for you.

Cons

They are a bit behind in time in operations, but they are looking to improve and always open to suggestions.

Advice to Management

The management team here is great. More training is always nice to have, but that comes with concerns of bandwidth.

"Smartest People in the Valley"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Real-Time Innovations (Less than a year)

Pros

If you work here, you aren't in it for the money, or the big name, or job title, you simply love what you do and the work culture supports whatever that is.

Working at RTI kind of feels like working for NASA in that you're surrounded by people helping solve amazing problems.

Literally the most flexible company I've worked for. Not only is there unlimited PTO, but the company supports a substantial number of remote workers and tries to keep them just as involved as those working in HQ.

Company events are off the charts! Trips to Tahoe, very organized company kick-off, and after work get togethers for days

Upper management is extremely thoughtful and meets regularly with each other and their reports. Also, punctuality and attendance are taken seriously, a pleasant surprise for a silicon valley company.

The company is headed in the right direction and recent hires are helping change the company culture in a positive way.

Cons

Small company struggles, transitioning from a smaller company to a larger one changes things and there is some resistance to this change from those that have been around since the beginning (20 + years)

However, this problem seems to be improving.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your employees interests and grow their careers :)

Look toward recent hires for perspective when improving processes and listen.

"Great engineering-driven company culture."

I have been working at Real-Time Innovations full-time

Pros

Great product and customers, interesting space, work and life balance, intellectual environment, challenging work. The company really cares for its employees and take hiring seriously. People are empowered to make decisions according to their job roles. There is no political issues or unhealthy competition. Many long-term employees. Overall happy and friendly environment. Old-timers are friendly and helpful and welcome new hires. Management does not push decisions up. No micromanagement issues.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement or moving to another part of the organization.

Advice to Management

Give your senior employees more responsibilities.

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Real-Time Innovations full-time

Pros

- scheduled, ongoing career development plans with managers
    - good benefits and reimbursment
    - great people, truly considerate, interesting, and fun

Cons

- focused too much on process instead of progress

"Great Company! Great Products! Great People!"

I have been working at Real-Time Innovations full-time

Pros

The company is very passionate about developing software that has a world wide impact. Executive management cares about people and squashes politics. Co-workers care about you and what you do. We actually really work together as one team to get the product out the door, sold, shipped to the customer, and paid. Everyone does their part. There are no slackers. RTI has given me an opportunity to grow my career. There is always a new challenge waiting to be addressed if you are willing to take it on.

Cons

No company is perfect, but we learn from mistakes and continue to make improvements and adapt. Sometimes the hours can be long, but the results are rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to care. People are your number one asset.

7. "Senior Software Enginner"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Upper management values and actively supports employees. Quality product with great potential. Many opportunities for learning.

Cons

Struggle to overcome product inertia. Struggle to define product in the marketplace.

"Really glad I took the offer! Love the company."

I have been working at Real-Time Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent people that really create a happy and collaborative work environment, exciting/growing industry, industry leader, excellent product, very fair and ethically ran company (I particularly find this rare and pleasantly surprising), inspiring CEO and mission, tons of expertise, lots of people that have been with the company for a long time, nice small size where you can make an impact, great salary and benefits, monthly fun events, and a culture that's very open to considering feedback and new ideas.

Cons

Some [subtle] elitists, not a start-up or huge company with lavish perks (note: I do not endorse basing career moves on these things), very few inflated titles (I think this is a pro, but inflated titles are common in the area, so this might be a con for people)

Advice to Management

Continue holding true to the company values, continue pushing decision making and responsibilities down when possible, improve agility and quick decision making

"Good lifestyle company"

I worked at Real-Time Innovations full-time

Pros

great technical work, specially if you are interested in embedded systems

Cons

more of a small business than startup. lifestyle company.

10. "OK Company with mgmt issues."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Not much politics with startup atmosphere.
    Great, smart people.
    Good work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of communication from management about job performance and company road-map.
    Not much direction/guidance in terms of projects.
    Little career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Conduct management training for managers and keep employees in the loop on company direction

Real-Time Innovations Response

Jun 22, 2015 – HR Team

We are sorry our relationship with this employee did not work out. We would like to reiterate our policy of ongoing employee feedback and development. It is often difficult to ensure that tough... More