Red Wing Shoe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Wing Shoe Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

i spoke with manager he asked me if i knew anything about the brand, what strengths did i have as a sales associate, what i could bring to the company and how could i impact sales

Interview Questions

• what do you know about red wing
      what are your strengths in selling
      how reliable are you   1 Answer

Area Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of 5 interviews, starting with HR, and ending with VP. It took over a month to get through the entire process. I knew I was getting into a good job because they were so careful to make sure everyone was on board with myself as an employee.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (Bloomington, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Met in management office, discussed job responsibilities and former employers. Discussed my own personal goals and needs. Talked about the ins and outs of the business, perks and benefits of working with shoes. I interviewed for the full time position, and was offered full time hours, but received no benefits and part time pay.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Wing, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (Red Wing, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

They called me almost immediately after I applied for this contract job. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I was interviewed promptly after my arrival, and it was a productive and enjoyable interview overall.

Interview Questions

• What type of academic or professional experiences have prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (Bryan, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for this job on Snagajob.com - The manager called me within a week of submitting my application. I went in and I filled out a basic form with my education, work experience, and name (address, phone, etc.). He then asked me a series of questions. The first was about my schedule and what hours he was willing to have me work. The second was he had me rate, on a scale of one to ten (1 worst, 10 best) how I liked working with people. The next question had me rate how I liked feet on a scale of one to ten. Then he asked, "Why do you want to work here at Red Wings Shoes?" and,"What do you know about shoes?" From there, he asked if I had been convicted of any felonies. After that, he had me perform skills tasks. The manager explained the way the stocking worked and how everything was marked. Then I had to locate five different shoes in the stock part of the back. One was hidden, the other wasn't there, another was not marked correctly, and the rest were in their proper places. After that he gave me two boxes of shoes to stock by myself. One was marked on the aisle, the other I had to look at the style numbers on each row. He asked me,"When you walk out of the store now, how confident are you that you presented yourself well here today?" He was interrupted by a customer coming in the store, so he had me shadow him while he helped him check out. Then, he asked a final question,"What can you tell me right now that you have not mentioned in your resume or earlier in this interview that would make me hire you?"

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me right now that you have not mentioned in your resume or earlier in this interview that would make me hire you?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Wing, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (Red Wing, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Process went pretty quick, within a single phone call they asked me if I could video chat for an interview, since I was only a few hours away I said I could drive and see them in person. Met with HR to describe the role, and then met with 1 developer and her supervisor. 3-5 days after that I had an offer (summer internship)

Interview Questions

• Previous projects, what stack did I use, hardest part about the project, what I am enthused about now, goals within 5 years   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in November 2011.

Interview

A new store was opening up so I went in and got an application. The manager said that he would get back to me fairly soon. He also asked that I fill out an application online. Which I did. About a week later I received a call back to come in for an interview. I met with the store manager as well as a manager from another store. The questions were very basic personality questions as well as generic retail questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a comfort/work footwear environment before? If not, what makes you the "right" person for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered what they could and I accepted because I was in need of a job.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe (Laurel, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was relaxing. The Manager of the store was friendly. He asked if I had any ambitions working here for the long run and what I wanted to do after five years. He said he would contact me in the next day or two after the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?   1 Answer

Industrial Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in March 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed several times over the phone. HR twice, than Regional Manager, then HT again. They flew me up to their corporate HQ.

Fit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in November 2008.

Interview

Originally I was contacted by a store manager while I was working at another company. We discussed the company, pay rate, the job position that was open, etc. Once he mentioned that he was looking for a full time associate I told him I was interested so he invited me to come in and apply. After I applied there wasn't really an interview because I had already had a couple lengthy conversations with the manager. Overall the store manager as well as the area manager and district manager were all very friendly throughout.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy, I was offered a higher hourly rate than I was making at the place I was already working at and was guaranteed full time hours so I agreed.