RedViking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RedViking

2.9

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RedViking (Plymouth, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Since i am a current employee, I was emailed by one of the directors.

After arriving, the director described in detail what would be expected. Casually explaining the requirements of engineering expertise in technical writing.

Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RedViking in August 2016.

Interview

Basic phone interview. I applied online and they gave me a call back promptly. I answered a few questions about myself, and they described the job to me in great detail!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RedViking.

Interview

First one was a phone interview with HR and then a in person interview with the senior engineering supervisor. The supervisor was understanding and explained my role in the company pretty well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your job will entail?
      Discuss skills you might have acquired from prior jobs or life events?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RedViking (Plymouth, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Call from HR, company overview, asked general PLC questions then scheduled to meet in person with Engineering Manager.

Interview Questions

• HR asked difference between good and great job and general PLC experience questions. Hiring manager asked specific hardware/software programming questions, why I am leaving company, what am I looking for.   Answer Question

Software and Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RedViking (Plymouth, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

An in-house recruiter first called me and did a screen, i.e. check refs, make sure i wasn't a weirdo or a serial killer, etc. Then I had an over-the-phone interview that lasted all of 5 minutes. After this it was a whirlwind journey of a plane flight out there, them asking "we want you, do you want to work for us?",my acceptance (with minimal haggling about salary--a good thing), and the flight back--all in one day. Whew!

Interview Questions

• "What did you do at your last job--and be SPECIFIC." And I do mean they got down to Brass Tacks! I knew my s*** so it was all good.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy--minimal haggling

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RedViking (Plymouth, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the Engineering manager. I was a good process that gave me the ability to explain my talents and background. I also had a "good word" from a current employee that was a former co-worker which may have helped. Hiring process was good as well. Although I was offered a little less that I had hoped, I was able to negotiate an extra week of vacation (3) to offset that lower wage. After 1 year I was given a 3% raise as well.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were straight forward and easily answered. There were no suprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Favorable

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RedViking.

Interview

The hiring process can be a little drawn out. I was initially interviewed by a company VP. It was a very laid back 'conversation', talked a little about the job, but mostly about my background. After a second interview, I was given an offer. There is some negotiation that must be done, their initial offer was low, but some more talks got into the right ball park.

Interview Questions

• No question was to difficult, the desired position will drive the difficulty level. We work in teams here, so they are very interested in your ability to do this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary a little, I was more concerned about vacation time. Was able to get what I asked for in vacation,but not salary. Bonuses help to make up the difference.