Regis Salon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Regis Salon

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred from a friend then i applied online, after that i had an interview with the district mgr. it went well general questions then i was asked which location i wanted to go to. I didnt have to do a technical interview because of my 20 yrs of experience. then i was showed the pay scale and how much my service per hr should be. Then i was asked about marketing they expect for you to go out and advertise yourself. And their hiring process takes alot they will ask for your email address so they can send u the link to all they paper work and your direct deposit info.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience you have?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

My job interview was five hours long. It was very unprofessional. The manager stayed on the phone the whole time. And left me alone for like an hour. But I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing just left me with a mannequin and told me to cut at least 6 hair cuts.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Metairie, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Start forward interview; however was told that I'd only make $7.25 and hour plus commission. But I'd also be responsible for delivering money to the bank every night. Regis Salon is completely unsafe conditions, bad pay, and a manager to lazy to do their own job. Under no circumstances is it ever a receptionist's responsibility to handle depositing money to the bank. I don't recommend even applying to this job it's not worth it. I was also told if you do not have a car they will refuse to hire you.

Unsafe Conditions, poor pay rate

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Bloomington, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone. 3 minutes max. The manager called me less than 24 hours after I submitted an online application to a third party hiring site. She called and said there was so much turnover that they really needed people and she needed me to start right away. I now see why there is so much turnover. There was also turnover in upper management and they each were cruel and what they expect of the employees is ridiculous.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very laid back and easy interview. Questions were broad and predictable. We sat outside of salon and discussed prior experience, goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc. After initial interview we set up a practical interview where I had to find a person to cut a short haircut on and do a basic foil placement.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process is like speaking to a friend, so don't be nervous! They ask about ten questions, probably more depending on your answers. Really easy to pass through the interview part, just sell yourself! Afterward comes an audition, prepare to be there about 6+ hours. They will ask you to demonstrate men's cut, women's: highlights, color, cut, blow dry, up do, makeup (optional), nails (optional).

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Fast paced if they want you...or need you. They have a very unrealistic view of themselves. Online application, then phone, then personal, then technical then offer...about a week and a half overall

Interview Questions

• Nothing they present was unexpected or difficult.....a wanna be manager pretended like I was getting this professional go-getter interview me...she was fakin it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, they offered me 50% over the 45% "They NEVER go over"....but you fall in and out of the childish, high school like favoritisim so quick you can't keep up.

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring goes through the internet and then they will call the applicant.

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

You must apply online. Salon manager or district manager will contact you if they are interested. You will then get a very easy interveiw and maybe have to do a technical if you are a new stylist.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly about getting to know you? They will ask where you worked before and what your experiences were. Why you left your last job. What are you looking for ,   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is fairly cut and dry. Basically they will want to know what days you can work and they like you to work at least 2 nights.Nothing is in writing. Come dressed in business casual or in black.There is not much negotiation. they only pay minimum wage and a low commission rate to start like 43%.

Hair Sylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regis Salon (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

Casual in person, and practical interview. The manager didn't even really look at my work. I feel like it's more of a thing they have to do than something they use to filter out candidates. I've seen many under qualified stylist get hired and go on to mess up a ton of hair in the salon.

Interview Questions

• If you like color or cut better   1 Answer