Relativity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Relativity Interview Questions

Interviews at Relativity

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Relativity (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

It was well structured and well designed. It starts with a preliminary phone screening and based on that performance I was flown into the company office in chicago. There I had 3 rounds of interview with multiple interviewees.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Relativity (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone screen with the HR and 4 onsite rounds. The interview process was pretty quick. Company arranged for the travel, hotel and food for the interview day.
    Company sponsors Visa and very good salary and Bonus compared to the other companies in and around that area for the job.

Interview Questions

• Experience and Background, Pseudo code is enough and critical thinking ( SQL and generic problems). Behavioral/ Situational questions.   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Relativity (Remote, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter Interview and Hiring Manager Interview. Recruiter was not professional and she asked pretty dumb technical questions. Appeared as if someone from engineering team gave her those questions to ask. Hiring Manager was a joke. He was trying to be technical however it was clear he was googling those questions and he couldn't connect the dots when I answered the question. I will stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter question - Experience, Salary expectation   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Relativity.

Interview

Hiring process: HR call > coding test > phone interview > face to face

Interviewer read questions from internet using phone.

Hr representative is unprofessional. After face to face interview he never called/mailed. I called him couple of times, no answer. Left voice message, no call back. Sent email, no reply. Totally unacceptable. If they can’t treat potential employee with respect than I don’t want to work for them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Relativity (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

1. Call with recruiter
    2. Two hr online coding question
    3. Onsite, 2 coding, 1 system design, 1 Engineering Manager, 1 Hr interview

All fair game, if you know your stuff then you should be able to do well.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Relativity (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

1. Applied directly in the company website after seeing the opening in Glassdoor
    2. Recruiter called in just a couple of days and explained the process.
    3. Online coding test was given and I was asked to take it within 3 to 4 days. The coding test was for 2.5 hours. Totally 5 questions. I would rate them as moderate type questions.
    4. After getting selected in it, was sponsored to fly in to the chicago office. It was completely paid by Relativity including the stay.
    5. The onsite interview was having three rounds.
      a. Core values - Generic HR questions
      b. Manager discussion - Your recruiting manager will be asking questions about your experience.
      c. White boarding interview - This is bit extensive. It has three sections. OOPs questions, SQL questions, design questions. this will be for 1.5 hours. So get ready
    6. Was informed by the recruiter in a few days that I was selected.

Overall, I feel the selection process was faster and all the people I met in the process were so friendly.

Interview Questions

• Cant say the exact question. But be ready with basic OOPS, SQL and design questions. Also practice medium pace questions in hackerrank. This would help a lot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Relativity (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. First had a phone interview, talked about previous experience. Later was scheduled for a 3 hours on-site interview with 3 developer, 1 software architect and 1 engineering manager separately. Both technical and HR questions were standard. The architect's questions were interesting. The office seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how to design certain database structures of their products.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Relativity.

Interview

3 rounds onsite directly. No phone rounds !
    1st round : behavioral questions-> whats your best accomplishment till now.
    why Kcura. say your answer in terms of core values. Kcura is proud of core values which I like the mst.
    describe each of your projects
    2nd round: Technical
    1. write a function which would caluculate the time taken for a car provided distance and speed. extend it to sports model and others (speed changes here)
    2. teacher and student databases design. and one sql query, depends on ur desing
    3. string reversal.- recursive
    3rd round:
    what do you expect in your job?

I dint hear back from them while posting this.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met their recruiter during campus career fair. after talking about my project on my resume, I received an interview invitation for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Interview process was a fair game. questions like what is your ideal working environment, big company, small company, which do you prefer?
      tech questions: on a white board, implement a base class for square and triangle, and subclass each of them. (pretty standard, just like you would see as the examples on cplusplus's official website).
      second questions was to describe how would you find the frequent of a pattern(word) appeared in a text. I talked about the commonly seen hash table method.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Relativity.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. There were three technical questions and some basic hr questions. I had to create a base class for a square and a triangle and then make a shape base class and explain the relationship between the square and triangle. I had to determine how to find the highest frequency word from an input file. Finally I had to explain some database tables.