Reliance Standard Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliance Standard Life Insurance Interview Questions

2.9

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through careerbuilder.com. I had one phone interview, an initial in person interview, and a second interview with a few different managers. I was offered the job the next day after my second interview. The interview was fairly informal which I really appreciated. I don't think they asked me any behavioral questions, which was a really good thing because I hate those. They were very honest and candid about the difficulty of the position, which I appreciated. They didn't seem to lie to me about anything to paint a false picture.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to make a pie chart of my responsibilities in my current position at the time and compared it to a pie chart they made for this specific position. I thought this was incredibly helpful in giving me an idea of what exactly I'd be doing, and comparing it to what I already knew.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Once I was selected for interview the process was quick. I met with HR manager, hiring manager, and department head in one day. No phone interviews so the process was quicker than other places.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self, etc. Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The VP of Sales and I had worked together previously. He offered me the position in 2001

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a certain salary and it was immediately accepted.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an initial phone screening, followed by a formal interview. Everyone was so friendly and seems to really enjoy their jobs/culture. My formal interview was about 1 hour and 40 minutes I interviewed with four different employees at ranging levels.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Human Resources' role is within a company?   Answer Question

Pre-Sale Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance (Houston, TX).

Interview

The local office contacted me and I had a quick phone interview. I was then contacted by our HR department for a phone interview. We set up a face to face interview. It took about a month to get an offer because the company does a backgroup/credit screen.

Interview Questions

• The actual face to face interview was pretty standard in my opinion. I was asked questions about my prior work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a competitive salary and I didn't do much negotiating.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and a flight to Philly.

Interview Questions

• What are your sales goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance in April 2012.

Interview

Long hiring process, over 3 months. Began with a face to face with my would-be Direct Manager. Another face to face with the Sales Manager and senior service team. Another face to face in order o test my Excel proficiency, then a phone interview with Human Resources and Supervising Manager. Pretty standard questions, but a long drawn out interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you leave a high paying work from home job to an office position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated back and forth for a few weeks, and almost too another job due to the delay in response - but was offered what I requested and accepted.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Standard Life Insurance in March 2012.

Interview

The interview had been conducted by one of the top level Managers at their office. It was a 1:1 interview, but it was held in front of all the other interviewees. The interviewer asked questions related to the interviewee's family background, general knowledge as well as questions related to academic knowledge. All the activities mentioned by the candidate in his Bio-data where also questioned.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something which other interviewees sitting in this room would not be knowing.   Answer Question