Remington Arms Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Remington Arms

2.0

Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lonoke, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Lonoke, AR) in June 2011.

Interview

They haven't followed thru with some of the things they promised in the interview. I wish I had negotiated vacation time. You only get two weeks to start off with and it doesn't increase until you're there for five years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was very easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayodan, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Mayodan, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more about technical and personal relationships.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite casual

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter, with various questions asked to me. Recruiter is supposed to get back in touch (by phone) with me or the Remington CEO person, for the ongoing hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about firearms?   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Madison, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Standard interview process for middle managment

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation that you had to overcome and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They accepted my counter offer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lonoke, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Lonoke, AR) in March 2013.

Interview

Your name is turned in on a list then HR will call you to set up a time for interview HR will ask you a lot of questions and you will be rated of how you answer the questions in the interview

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lonoke, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Lonoke, AR) in June 2018.

Interview

3 people at a table, all ask you questions. Very friendly and very knowledgeable about positions they’re hiring for. They’ll ask about safety, and team work to accomplish getting the job done.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and hectic. Different opinions on what was expected in position. Sounded like more changes coming. Territory could change. Kept changing date and time for interviews and who would interview. Lots of same questions from different people - could have done a panel interview and saved everyone time.

Interview Questions

• Type of experience. How do you handle customers and difficult situations? Relationship building. Talked about previous positions, hobbies, travel, salary expected.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Elizabethtown, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews, and then they flew me down to Kentucky for the onsite interview. I had a brief chat with the HR manager before I was taken to a large conference room and met with a lot of managers, directors, and engineers. All of them had been there for many years. We discussed the position at length, and the reality is they were interested in how to make their products more cheaply not really adding value. The position duty was how to take their existing product lines and manufacture them for less money. Not a lot of innovation for their R&D center. I could really see why Remington had lost market share and why for a lot of their civilian products they were resting on their laurels. The interview seemed to be going well. I went on a tour of the facility saw the offices and met with the people. Overall they seemed to have lost the passion for what they were doing. Maybe freedom group had sucked the fun out of designing guns or the extensive testing they did had taken its tolls but not a whole lot of enthusiasm over all except for the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult. Just be prepared to show cost savings or demonstrate design improvement that lead to cost savings.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remington Arms.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening, followed by phone interview, then on-site interview. Very little interest in technical abilities.

Interview Questions

• You don't have relevant skills.   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lonoke, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Lonoke, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

Short meeting, long background.
    Met with supervisor at specified time
    Wait at guard shack for escort
    sit in office and speak with supervisor
    Very short in person interview. Basically a formality to meet you before giving an offer to hire.
    Not much more to tell about the interview.
    Initial training was short and very easy
    Easy job overall, just very boring

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the area?
      How familiar are you with the skills?   Answer Question