Renovate America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Renovate America

2.6

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America (San Diego, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Drawn out without timely feedback or reason for disposition. The Hiring Leader did not follow up when she said she would. I was never given any details of why they passed and my voicemails were ignored.

Interview Questions

Renovate America Response

Oct 8, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Candidate experience is important to us at Renovate America, we appreciate the feedback.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Renovate America.

Interview

Very basic interview process, outlining what I had accomplished during school, and what I expect to get out of the internship. I was referred by an employee, therefore I was able to bypass certain interview protocols.

Interview Questions

• How can you be a beneficial individual in our department, working with senior executives, and providing your own ideas and opinions on the subject matter?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America.

Interview

A very young engineer was trying to prove that he is better than me during the interview. The hiring manager did not make any eye contact with me during the hiring process. However, I had to accept the offer to feed my family! As it sounded like a startup going wild. lessons well learnt —What quacks like a duck is always a duck.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews prior to having set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was held with 6 different employees and lasted 3 hours. After the interview I was tasked with an assignment, which I completed and then sent back via email to the Social Media Manager. After the interview process I also sent handwritten thank you cards to each individual who I had one-on-one interviews with.

It has been about a month now and I have not heard anything back from any of the people who interviewed me. I emailed the Social Media Manager three times, all within three weeks from my interview to confirm that she had received my assignment and to thank her for her time meeting with me. I received no response. I finally reached out to HR to make sure that my emails were being received; she called me back and unfortunately I missed the call. I tried returning her call and left a voicemail but have not heard back since.

I am assuming I did not get the position but that is not why I am writing here, I am disappointed at how the situation was handled as they could have at least confirmed that my emails were being received and told me why I was not a good fit for the role considering I drove 45 min to the office and spent 3 hours in person and an additional hour at home completing the assignment that was tasked to me.

Overall, I am very disappointed in their hiring process and the professionalism of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond differently to someone on Facebook VS Twitter?   1 Answer
    • What is the most recent solar energy article you have read?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager. HR interview was brief, about 30 minutes, asked to provide brief background, asked more details about different positions, what was different and about specific experience. Hiring Manager interview was a little odd, asked same questions multiple times, perhaps he wasn't really listening or he just wanted to see if I was consistent in my answers

Interview Questions

• How was your job as a product manager different than as a project manager?   2 Answers

Director of Content Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renovate America (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview
    Hiring manager interview
    Subordinate interview

Recruiter was disinterested and unfriendly. Immediately asked for salary range despite not being able to answer specifics for the role.

Hiring manager was great. Her enthusiasm and experience shown threw.

Subordinate was an early hire who didn't call to interview until I emailed. Call lasted 8 minutes and it was clear she didn't wish to speak to me. Seems I dodged a bullet with that lackluster employee.

Renovate America Response

Jan 13, 2017 – Manager, Employee Experience

Hi there – We’re sorry you didn’t feel like the calls went well. We value applicants’ interest and always want folks to have a good experience.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR called and asked a series of basic questions with some scenarios. Described the position and asked why I was interested. Very standard. Nothing that put me on the spot and nothing too generic.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in Renovate? What skills I can bring? When was a time I was challenged?   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Overall the hiring and interview process was very professional and straightforward. The recruiter wants to make sure that you know about the company and what role you are going to play to make sure the opportunity is a right fit for both you and the company. The in-person interviews test if you are both culturally and technically fit for the company/job. The panel basically keeps the conversation around what was put on the resume. If you included achievements and improvements, they ask about it. Some of the question were kind of scenario based - they will explain the scenario that is being tested in the project - and ask to elaborate on the approach. It was more about approach and less about getting to the right answers.

Interview Questions

• # How will you test a page with constantly changing content
      # How will you test interfaces and end to end scenarios
      # What is most complex project you worked on, and what were the challenges
      # What were the documentation procedures followed in your earlier projects
      # Specific questions on C#, SQL
      # Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy. I originally applied in April, and was emailed pretty soon after to schedule a phone interview. The interview was scheduled and I received the call only to be informed that they were pushing back hiring until the end of June, so we scheduled the phone interview for then. The end of June rolled around, and I was called and told again that they were pushing back interviews and didn't have a date for me. I finally received a call mid July and was able to complete my phone interview with the standard questions. My interview was then scheduled for the end of July. I had two separate interviews, the first being with two individuals who are basically trying to see if you meet the company's values and are a good match personality wise. The second was with two managers who standard interview you. All of these people were wonderful personalities and the facility seemed very nice. Overall the beginning was a bit dragged out, but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a project be perfect and late , or good and on time?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renovate America (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Only had a phone interview, however the overall experience was great, the interviewer was personable. The questions were relatively simple and what you would expect for a phone interview.