Restaurant Brands International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Restaurant Brands International Interview Questions

Interviews at Restaurant Brands International

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick, but lots of intermediate levels. I think there was an on-campus in person interview, two phone interviews (each an hour, one personality fit and one case), and then the super day in Miami. The whole thing took less than a month. The case was pretty easy - I had done zero prep beforehand, and managed it fine. The intermediate interviews were with people who were pretty high up - one of my interviewers was the chief accounting officer, I think. It felt like they really cared about the interview process and bringing in good talent.

Interview Questions

• How would you evacuate this building in the event of an emergency?   2 Answers
    • How many people are out in boats in Miami at this moment?   Answer Question
    • Who would you fire (and then who would you hire) out of your peers here at the Super Day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It starts out with a first round interview which is pretty typical "fit" interview. Then 2nd round 1st hour of Case Interview and 2nd hour of "fit" that goes more in detail of hs and college and everything. Just got superday in Miami next Friday so I'll see how that goes

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of weakness questions and your accomplishments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

Three different rounds: Behavioral, Case and Super Day. The behavioral interview and case are very simple, but they ask a lot about high school in the former. Nothing too difficult, just be relaxed. The super day, however, is no joke. The first part is a business case to see if you can work well in groups. They do a lot to throw you off and make sure you understand every decision made. You have lunch, then they cut like 3/4 of the people. I ultimately made it to the end where you're grilled by 3 exec's about anything. They just want to see if you can think on your feet and handle pressure well. Ultimately didn't get the offer, but it was a great experience for sure.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you one million dollars how would you turn it into two million in a year   1 Answer
    • Hire one person and fire one person that you're sitting with   Answer Question
    • Biggest problem with Burger King in the last 10 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

1st round on campus (mostly behavioral); 2nd round on campus case interview; final round is a super day in Miami (business game and panel interview)

They are quick to respond but the business simulation seemed useless as the observers were on their phones the whole time. Also, they are very unprofessional post-interview and are not responsive to reimbursement requests so beware if you decide to Uber etc.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL).

Interview

Round 1 - A behavioral interview.
    Round 2 - Case interview. Questions are very simple.
    Round 3 - A super day. First half is a group case competition, which is actually pretty fun. Half of the candidates are cut at lunch. The second half is a group interview where you are grilled with questions. Be prepared to speak to anything on your resume (foreign languages, coding languages, your major). The final question is who you would hire and who you would fire from your group. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your three biggest accomplishments in High School.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

Out of all the interviews at big brand name companies, this was by far the worst experience I've ever had. The interview process consisted of three rounds of interviews: 1) behavior 2) case 3) super day with business game + panel interview. The first two rounds were too easy, mostly focused on high school experience and a super easy case that anyone could ace as long as you're structured. At least the case was somehow relevant to their business, but the super day was a total waste of time. As other people posted here, the morning was a business game with all the candidates. I understand the rationale behind this type of interview, but how was it supposed to be useful if the observers were on their phones the whole time? They didn't even take any notes. You would always get that one person on your table who would dominate the conversation and would not let others speak. The observers didn't care much about that. It was also unclear how the choice of cutting was made. The observers were rude and dismissive. This whole super day interview process was very random and situational based, not necessarily testing your true skills or abilities. What type of work culture are you promoting to potential employees when you set them against each other? If this is our company culture, then no thanks. The reimbursement process was also very difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got emailed just after job posting expired.

1st round, Phone: Basic behavioral questions, only curve ball is they ask about your high school background a lot which threw me off.

2nd round, Phone: Case interview which was mostly qualitative, with a pretty easy quant component at the end. It was based on what goes into customers' decision to visit a restaurant, what tools we can use to increase foot traffic, etc. Last section was a matrix that showed prices, demand (units sold/day), etc. and you have to choose the optimal price.

Final Round: "business game" in small teams, where you play with different metrics to drive profitability up. Multiple rounds to the game, they watch you throughout the game (although some were on their phones lol) and you present at the end of each round. After the game, they cut like half the people. Remaining go on to a group panel interview.

Interview Questions

• If people who have worked with you had one complaint, what would that be? i.e. John Doe was great, but I wish he did _____   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

Application including optional cover letter followed pretty quickly by two interviews. One is a personality/fit interview that is more of a conversation about your life and one is a case-style interview that is more about how you think and process information and questions.

LDP Interview

Interview

Made me do a behavioral and case analysis interview at the same time without even telling me before that i had to so I wasn’t prepared. Interviewer kept grilling me after every reply I gave with random questions about high school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Brands International (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

**F-1 visa holders, please read.**

I had a first-round interview on campus. My interviewer was very approachable and seemed intent on making sure I was comfortable. The interview itself was conversational, and the questions were all personality/fit-related, as others have described here. Questions flowed naturally into one another and I left with a very positive impression.

Now for the bad news. I was told I would be contacted in the next couple of days about a case interview, but only received a follow-up almost two weeks later, after I checked in with my interviewer. I was then asked about my immigration status, told that RBI was not sponsoring candidates for visas at any point in future and my case interview was cancelled. I received no indication beforehand that this position would not be sponsoring candidates at any point, including (in my case) over two and a half years after hiring. It would have been nice to know this before I prepared for my first-round interview, put aside other obligations to make the interview, and waited anxiously for two weeks to hear back. They seem like lovely people with vision and a genuine interest in candidates, but the way I was handled felt incredibly unprofessional.