Retro Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retro Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (Staten Island, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to an open interview so I email the manager Thomas to confirm that I will be going and there was no time specified so I went at 4pm and they told me it ended at 3pm. It was so unorganized and disrespectful to have me find time to go and you just disregard me. Confirm next time or check your times when sending out info on open interview. Now I know how that gym functions and the kind of management they hire. Don't forget the people that interview could be customers too and friends of customers. Employers forget that so they treat us like outside beggars.

Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

If there is a General Manager, you are interviewed by that person last. Your first interview is with your direct manager. If you are going into a management role, you may be interviewed by the franchisees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Retro Fitness.

Interview

I applied online and they called the very same day. Scheduled an interview for the next day. interview process took only about half an hour. They asked about my previous job experience. Got hired on the spot.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was about an hour long. Informal but still professional. My interviewer really just wanted to get to know me. There were a lot of behavioral based questions. I was hired later on but one thing that I must say is to any people looking to interview, it is a gym but still dress professionally for your interview it goes a long way.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (North Haven, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Long. Met with the Fitness manager first and then had to meet with him again to "train" him. Then eventually met with the owners. The fitness manager at the time was very easy to talk to and made the interview process easy. The owners were tougher and made me feel less confident about having the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year? Would you want to be a fitness manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Norriton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (East Norriton, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com, was called a few days later. Met with the General Manager and the Personal Training Manager and answered a few basic "tell us about yourself" questions. The Personal Training Manager then took me for a tour around the gym and explained different features. The owner was running late, but eventually met with me and asked nearly the same exact questions. I was offered the position over the phone the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Retro Fitness.

Interview

Met with club manager who confirmed my credentials, asked a few questions, and was hired on the spot. They have a relatively high turnover rate for instructors, as they pay less than most other gyms. If you are just starting out, this is a great gym to work for, but they pay less per class than other gyms.

Interview Questions

• Are you certified in this fitness area?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (Hackensack, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume on craigslist
    Told my friend that already works there to inform them
    I was called the next day
    Came in for an interview
    Was offered position on the spot
    Accepted.
    The interview was easy and comfortable!

Anonymous Employee in West Long Branch, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (West Long Branch, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. I came across the job posting on craigslist, I sent in my resume and got a text for an interview that same day. I filled out an application and got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What my availability was, how many hours I was looking for/ willing to work.   Answer Question

Front Desk Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Retro Fitness (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the local franchise's Director of Operations and the club's General Manager. Generally informal, they primarily seek someone to fill a specific shift availability (i.e. weekday closing shifts, or weekend opening shifts only). If applicant cannot fulfill shift requirements, likelihood for employment is slim. Interview questions consist of discovering the applicant's past sales experience, customer service roles, applicant's methods for resolving billing or general customer complaints and former experience in the fitness industry. The role of front desk associate is most often filled by upbeat, positive and energetic individuals, who preferably have a passion for health and fitness.

Interview Questions

• Explain an incident from your past where you had to interact with a difficult customer, and what methods you used to diffuse the encounter.   Answer Question