Revinate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.5

Sales Enablement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer requested a sample of sales material preparation from a previous role along with resume. First interview was a Google Hangouts with the hiring manager. I did not make it past the first round due to lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be your sales enablement implementation plan the first 30, 60, 90 days on the job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Online Coding Assignment
    2. Technical Phone Screen
    3. On-site interview - 5 rounds - Technical and Behavioral

Be prepared for Behavioral questions, questions on your resume projects and tools and technologies listed in your resume

Interview Questions

• Technical Phone Screen - Design Deck of cards
      Write implementations for Shuffle and Pick 7 cards to play poker
      Answer Question
    • Immutable Stack - http://blog.slaks.net/2013-06-23/creating-immutable-stack/   Answer Question
    • Given array of N numbers. Find m smallest numbers where m < N   Answer Question

SAN Francisco Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple days member of the team reached out for a phone interview. Phone interview was conversation style that lasted around 45 minutes. I went for an onsite interview and met with 5 people. Conversations went well with everyone except the Human Resources Manager. Something seemed 'off' and she seemed completely preoccupied and clear she wasn't paying attention. After spending hours onsite, I never heard back from them. Extremely unprofessional. They did however, send a survey email asking how my experience was a week after my onsite interview. Was the survey my rejection email? Apparently so.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online; recruiter contacted me the next day (which I saw as a good sign because I met all the key requirements for this job (which I'd say most people would have met 1 or 2 of the key requirements, but not all 3). The recruiter felt I was a good candidate and said she'd follow up to schedule a call w/hiring mgr. Instead I got an email saying they got several other qualified candidates and I was not one of them. Really?...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a quick response from a recruiter to schedule an interview. The screen went well and I moved forward to the next step. During that call, the hiring manager asked 2 or 3 questions and then moved on to ask if I had any questions. It was so quick that I knew it was over. I received a response from the recruiter within a day informing me that I had been eliminated from the process. I asked for feed back but never heard back. I appreciated the speed in the process ( even the bad news ), but providing feed back would have been the professional thing to do.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested, tell me about your day to day.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revinate.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter within a few days of submitting an online application. Not only she was a no-show for the interview, but she emailed three days later requesting to cancel and to reschedule the interview that was supposed to happen three days ago.

I have gone through numerous interview processes with start up companies, large corporations, and even small family businesses. This was the first no-show by a recruiter and a potential employer. It's not only the candidate's first impression is viral for the interview process, it's really the hiring manager and recruiter's first impression that help to set the tone.

I was compelled to share this feedback as I was very excited for the possibility of working for Revinate, but this situation was rather disconcerting for Revinate and I withdrew my application for the job.

Revinate Response

Jun 9, 2015 – Director, Global Talent

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your interview experience. This is by no means, our standard practice not in-line with the levels of professional conduct that we strive for ... More

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a Director Prod mgmt position to lead up a new strategic product for the company. This was a key hire for the company, and hence it was a fairly involved process. But the entire process was highly efficient, professional and enjoyable. I had mentioned to them that I was in the midst of multiple interviews, and they did everything they could to fast track the process. It started with a recruiter call. This was followed by a call with the hiring manager (head of product) and an on-site visit within the same week to meet the hiring manager and the CEO (also the co-founder). I spent about 3 hrs talking to them. Then I was called back early next week for a full-day (about 5-6 hrs) where I met a couple of engineering directors, a product manager, a VP of biz dev, and of course the hiring manager and the CEO. Later on, I also had a skype call with the engg VP and a very long chat with the second co-founder. But this was after they had decided to make me an offer. The offer came in fairly quickly after a few reference checks.

Every single interviewer I met at Revinate was super nice, humble and really wanted to get to know me as well as share their experience. I could see that they genuinely enjoyed working there. While most companies say the right things, I felt that at Revinate the culture was truly people-centric and collaborative. What I also found refreshing was that how involved the CEO was in the process. I probably spent about 3 hrs in total talking to him, and another 1.5 hrs on the phone with the other co-founder. Both of them came across as very humble, and articulated a very clear vision of where they wanted to take Revinate in the next 1/3/5 years and what this role meant to them.

The interviews themselves weren't very hard. They were just good conversations. There were some behavioral questions, my approach to product mgmt and prioritization, deep-dive into certain projects, my leadership style, etc. all pretty standard. There was one design exercise from the CEO on a feature the team was working on currently and we white boarded it together.

I did get an offer from Revinate and was very close to taking it. However, I also had an offer from one of the best product companies in the world and it was hard to say no to that. It was a tough decision mainly because I'd come to really like the people there, but the hiring manager and the CEO took it well.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to building a roadmap and feature prioritization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Branch, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revinate (Long Branch, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

So far the process has been great! I applied online based on a posting from LinkedIn. I received an email for a request for a screening call the same day, and the call happened the day after. Wanda was friendly and described the role in it's entirety and was able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working alone (position is in NYC, team is in San Fransisco).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a call scheduled with the recruited within a week. Spoke with the recruiter on the phone to see if the position would be the right fit. She explained the position, that it was based in NYC and that there would be no negotiation with the salary. She really sold me on the company and what they were doing and how they had taken funding. I had done my research on the company and everything I read was what she explained. The recruiter was great and scheduled my next interview on the phone with the hiring manager for the next day.

When it came to speaking with the hiring manager I felt that she wasn't really wanting to interview anyone that day. I tried being interactive on the phone and tried to make the interview really be a conversation more than anything. She just wasn't into that. She asked good questions but didn't quite understand why I didn't know how to answer some of her questions when her questions didnt relate to my past experience. I reiterated to her that my past roles were specific in certain functions but kept asking the same questions as though she knew I wouldn't be able to answer them. After speaking with her I realized that if I was going to uproot my family to NYC and have to report to someone that was difficult in the interview process and showed no emotion, I knew it wouldn't be right for me regardless of how great the company was. I also want to state that this isn't the first time someone had a bad experience with the Customer Success Manager interview process.

After my interview the hiring manager I quickly called the recruiter at Revinate and asked her to remove me from consideration for the role. I think the company is great and I hope they find the right person that could work with the hiring manager. I say here on glassdoor so that Revinate doesn't lose great talent based on people having a bad day.

I do feel if the recruiter was my hiring manager I would have gladly continued with the interview process. Regardless Revinate is a great company and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to start their career as their tool and platform is on the cutting edge of hospitality cloud products.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your past experience and why you are thinking about leaving your current company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Revinate (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email response with some job related questions to answer, which I did answer and I never got a response back. The recruiter (I think it was Dinna?) was hard to track down for any kind of response (email, telephone). After a couple of weeks I got an email saying that the position had already been filled but she'll keep me on file.

After talking to some acquaintances it turns out that they had similar experiences with the recruiting staff. Reoccurring themes were, flaky recruiter, poor follow-up, unprofessional impression.

I would recommend the recruiters to be more up front about the status of the application and keep candidates more in the loop about what is going on.

Interview Questions

• Could you tell me what percentage of your current roll is sales focused and what percentage is account management?   Answer Question