Ripple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ripple

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ripple in January 2019.

Interview

Initial Talk with Human Resources and than
    Followed by a course of 5 interviews with senior Managers of the Company based out of San Francisco, New York and London. After a.pproval got other interviews with HR

Interview Questions

• How would you adapt at a Startup Company?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ripple in May 2014.

Interview

I applied to Ripple Labs after seeing them on the MIT Top 50 Smartest Companies list. The process took about 3 months, and I felt as though the company was really trying to find someone who would fit in perfectly, both in terms of attitude and ability. The care they put into the process by getting almost all the senior members involved was impressive, not to mention the fact that all of them were perfectly pleasant and unique to talk to. The technical portion was comprehensive and flexible, and it allowed you the freedom to express yourself creatively.

Interview Questions

• Wrapping your head around how Ripple works is a pretty difficult task, but ask questions during the interview process, they'll be more than happy to answer.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty easy and fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ripple.

Interview

My resume was shortlisted "Based on their requirements and my skills".
    Fixed a time slot for interview but didnt received a call. I mailed them twice saying that I am awaiting for a call.

I received a mail next day to reschedule. After rescheduling:

HR called me and had some general questions.
    I did good work and a handy number of projects in diff technologies, I gave impressive answers.(Not even a single technical question asked)

I received a mail saying your skills are not matched for the position we are looking for(Note: they have shortlisted my resume based on the same matching skills)

I asked them to have my technical interview and they didn't replied back. I dropped them an email stating the unprofessional attitude of the company.

Will never apply there again.

Interview Questions

• not at all difficult it was just a formality i guess.   2 Answers

Feb 13, 2015 – Head of Recruiting

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We're always trying to create a great interview experience so I'd love to fix this. Feel free to reach out to me on hector@ripple.com to discuss.

Thanks... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ripple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I chatted with the HR and the CTO to determine if I was a good match and they were what I was looking for. I then got a coding challenge which included using their API. Last stage was shadowing someone on site for a day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the projects you've done.
      What interests you about Ripple.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ripple.

Interview

Great process. Very nice and courteous employees. Met with 5 people from different departments. HR people were prompt and very professional. Overall the company seems great and full of very smart people. I learned a lot about what they do and the overall Bitcoin industry. Very interesting stuff.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ripple in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an onsite. Phone was pretty easy, just going over experience. Onsite tested various technical skills, blockchain familiarity. Ask questions because Ripple is a very difficult technology to understand.

Interview Questions

• Why is decentralization important?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ripple.

Interview

First I had a call with the Recruiter (after having applied about a week prior). Friendly, sharp, and quick, after the call I was invited onsite to meet the team. Very thorough onsite interview - included a tour of the (pretty cool) space and meeting with several team members I would be interfacing with if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to read up on the company and know the latest info. The team cares about interviewees knowing about the company and the mission.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair negotiating and no lowballing. A positive experience, generous equity.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ripple (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Much of the process was done by video chat, as I was interviewing with people in multiple locations. Every interviewer was friendly, collegial, and let me show my skills and experience through conversation instead of by asking artificial test-like questions. Multiple rounds, and a short final one in the office.

Interview Questions

• When you're hiring a new developer, how do you like to evaluate their technical proficiency?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ripple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Don’t waste your time until you are desperate for a job
    You will probably have an initial call with a sourcer who will keep asking you the number of years of experience you have in a particular language. They themselves would not understand how it matters or not. If you do get past that they would be looking for some keywords. After these uncomfortable 30 mins you will speak with a senior engineer. This is the part which seems professional as the engineer I spoke to was great and we had a productive conversation. Now the recruiter will give you a take home and also give you a timeline of their own. They would probably say do this in a couple of days. Well once you do that the recruiter will not get the time from their team to review the assignment for weeks out. (Why would someone who is not desperate go through this? While maybe because they like problems)
    The problem will ask you for something specific to duplicate. Weeks later when you do ask for an update you will get a response that their was duplication of code (This is exactly stated in the requirement :)). Also they would expect the candidate to spend days on it but themselves won't even either compile or run it.
    I think the recruiting lacks both professionalism and competence to first build a problem and then expect a solution. Also why go through this horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Its a fairly simple client-server application where the focus is on log statements (yes you guessed it right, a series of log statements!!!). You can build it in any way though which should be exactly how the said engineer expects it   3 Answers

Sep 20, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for sharing your interview experience. I'm so sorry to hear it was a negative one. We certainly do think of ourselves as a professional and competent recruiting team, but... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ripple (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and setup a phone screen.

The phone screen interviewer seemed either in a bad mood or disappointed that her favorite question was solved so easily. Started nitpicking about code corner cases when working on Google Docs. Didn't bother to try and understand the logic of my implementation and kept arguing because it wasn't exactly the way she would've written it. Also very condescending and dismissive.
    To that interviewer : Don't be so insecure. There are multiple ways to implement a Double Linked List :-)
    If you are so sure next time provide an IDE / Debugger and let's walkthrough an example.

It was unpleasant overall, and the interviewer had 0 communication, interpersonal skills. Can't imagine how bad the work culture will be if this is how they treat interview candidates.

Avoid if you care about a collaborative, positive work environment.

Interview Questions

Ripple Response

Aug 6, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello & thank you so much for sharing this feedback about your phone interview. I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience with this interviewer. This is definitely not the type of experience... More