Ripple Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brad Garlinghouse

"A great place to be!"

I have been working at Ripple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely high caliber environment, you will work with some of the brightest minds across all departments. Our industry is fascinating and you will quickly realize Ripple is onto something extremely impactful for the world. I would say this really unites employees as we all work towards our common goal -

Culture is work hard play hard, and we have several clubs and social committees (like Yoga, Wineclub, Cocktail Club, Board Game nights etc) I have made some great friends and colleagues in my time here and will continue to do so.

Cons

Ripple is like I said a very fast paced environment, you must just stay on your toes! This isnt the place to be if you are looking for a ping pong table and a 11:00AM-4:00PM schedule.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent on Objects/Goals for the company to all employees, we always appreciate knowing exactly what is happening and being up to date on Ripple's progress.

"Smart and Interesting People"

I have been working at Ripple full-time

Pros

Ripple has a rare opportunity to be a true disruptor in the financial payments world. Exciting times for a quickly growing company.

The best aspect of Ripple is definitely the people working here. Not only are they smart and driven, but also interesting and fun to be around.

Cons

Expectations of the employees is high. Not the place to be if you're looking for an easy job.

"Interesting start up with a terrible culture"

I worked at Ripple full-time

Pros

Almost all of the employees are super friendly and fun to work with. They also have a convenient location a few blocks from the Montgomery station.

Cons

The executive team is completely disconnected from the rest of the employee base. The direction the company is heading remains unclear even though they try to explain it during the Bi-weekly company updates. Communication is extremely poor between the upper management and the rest of the company. The CEO seems nice but you're taught to avoid talking to him most of the time because he has a tendency to flip out over nothing, and once you're on his list it's impossible to get out. The company culture seems great on the surface, but once your'e in you realize they don't operate under the values they created. When things don't go the way management expects it to be prepared to take full blame for the entire project, even if you provided clear written feedback about said project.

Advice to Management

Provide clear direction and communicate decisions to your employees.

"Right people, right vision and revving the execution"

I have been working at Ripple full-time

Pros

People. People. People. Whip smart at all levels. Big Audacious vision with a ton of traction. It's rare to be a part of something that really is changing the world

Cons

we need more free lunches!

Advice to Management

Rock on!

"Huge potential and seeing market traction"

I have been working at Ripple full-time

Pros

Some of the smartest people you'll ever get to work with. Still small enough to for employees to have a voice on company decisions but big enough where there's enough resources to build cool product.

Cons

Its a start up, so you get to ride the ups and downs while developing new processes for getting work done efficiently. That's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing hard, we're seeing great progress.

"An exciting & surprising summer!"

Pros

The people you meet here are brilliantly talented while at the same time amazingly warm and humorous! On top of learning about the state and future of financial technologies, I had the pleasure of learning about other fields (physics, music, etc.) every lunch through my coworkers. Without a doubt, Ripple is a great place to grow and I would recommend checking out the company's mission and applying if interested. The screening process is well organized and fun (compared to the typical interview process) and it's a joy to work with the recruiters here.

Ripple's internship program has been amazing and I look forward to seeing it blossom and bring more talent to the team. I am already considering coming back!

Cons

When there aren't enough raspberries in the fridge

8. "Ok company"

I worked at Ripple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great perks, free lunches, gym membership.

Cons

Hire with care and screen candidates for ability to be team-players.

"More than a job"

I have been working at Ripple full-time

Pros

There are some incredibly talented people, product could be a game-changer, and there are a lot of benefits/perks.

Cons

Product direction is a mess and use cases are not resonating with potential customers. There is no awareness on how each department interacts with each other to get to a common goal. Until recently, there was no HR leader in place so attrition is a concern and internal communication around these issues is generally poor. There are "leaders" here that should not be leaders. Work demands leave most people working 10+ hour days every day, which is not only unsustainable but unfair given a lot of people's compensation. If you're considering working here, make sure you can deal with constantly changing direction and start-up hours/effort with the hierarchy and top-down philosophy of corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Pick a product direction. Don't be afraid to hire better. Find people that care and support them.

"Smart People, Cutting Edge, Some Missteps"

I have been working at Ripple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very cutting edge technology with serious potential to change the world, hopefully for the better. Lots of really smart coworkers and a mostly positive company culture. Fairly accommodating to remote employees.

Cons

The company is still trying to regain its focus and direction after a major pivot, that leaves some question as to whether some products are legacy or not. The efforts to "collaborate" with regulators frequently turn to what appears to be living in dread of attracting regulatory attention. Certain managers are bad at taking criticism and have an immature, adversarial mentality.

Advice to Management

Let's revisit our company values. We used to value humility and openness. Now I'm not so sure.

"Best Company Culture Out There"

Pros

I love working at Ripple. The team is incredibly ambitious. Amazing work culture. People are friendly, supportive and helpful. The CEO and COO are a dynamic duo. I feel lucky to be surrounded by so many inspiration and intelligent people.

Determination, out-of-the-box thinking, adaptability, and teamwork.

I love that our culture is so open. No one is afraid to ask questions. Everyone is approachable. Definitely the best job I've ever had.

Cons

There are none. Period.

Advice to Management

shoot for the moon.