Ritchie Bros. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.6

Trainee Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I could tell that I was speaking to an HR representative that had zero idea about the industries that Ritchie Brothers serves. Very frustrating for those that are knowledgeable. The personality test is the all seeing eye is considered holy scripture at Ritchie Brothers. Be careful not to spend too much time hung up on a single question because that too is recorded.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros..

Interview

Apply online, interview on the phone, and interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult was asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was open to negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Butner, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was given an interview. When I went in for the interview I spoke with two of the customer service managers. I answered all questions during the interview and didn't have to very long for a response with an offer to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question to answer was what I thought my best skill or attribute was that would make me perfect for the position. My answer was my attention to detail that was drilled into during my time spent in the US Navy.   Answer Question

Lead Generation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Lincoln, NE) in February 2012.

Interview

Situational interview questions; if you were in a given situation how did you handle said outcome? If you were to sell someone on a product or service, how would you do that for a prospective customer? They were emotionless and took notes. Added advice, ask questions concerning outlook and turn over with the position. Ask about special marketing campaigns and how to become involved with them.

Interview Questions

• If you were to sell a prospective customer a service, how would you approach this situation?   1 Answer

Payroll Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Lincoln, NE) in March 2011.

Interview

I got a call about 3 weeks after submitting my resume on their online Careers page. The recruiter and I spoke for about 1 hour on our initial call and she asked some very well rounded questions, not just the normal general questions that you are asked over the phone. She thanked me for my time and said she would forward her notes onto the hiring manager and would be in touch if she was interested. I got a call later in the week to go in for a face to face interview and that went very well also.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? Do you see yourself able to accomplish your goals in the position that you have applied for?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros..

Interview

A recruiter arranged the "interview". After going across town to their office (which looks fantastic, by the way) and waiting for my interviewer for an hour, I gave up and left. The receptionist couldn't get ahold of the person who was supposed to interview me. Although I do realize that some sort of communication problem between the company, the recruiter and myself might have occurred, it was a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Who would you like to talk to?   1 Answer

IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

One senior manager and 3 team managers were present. Senior manager wanted to know about ITIL experience. Team managers wanted to know about experience working with similar systems. Very friendly people. Technical and customer service related questions. No stupid vague irrelevant questions.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Excellent. The Talent Acquisition HR Person was open, informal and quick to respond to questions. There wasn't this "wall" that HR typically brings up as they get ready in case your application is rejected. I had all my questions answered in a timely manner. The Offer letter came when they said it would. During the interview process I was even given a tour of the facilities and was told a bit more about the company. I'm use to getting this info only when I'm the successful candidate or in the final running. Was very impressed as the interview process was a good indicator for me that this would be a good company to work for. The literature and what you read helps, but nothing beats direct experience. I would recommend a person to apply for a job at Ritchie Bros.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros..

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well, and we (recruiter and myself) scheduled an in person interview. The interview was then rescheduled by the hiring supervisor. During the 2nd interview, I was asked very basic questions. I was then scheduled for my 3rd and final interview with the hiring manager. I was offered a full time position and a part time position. Due to the fact that I had been out of work for almost 6 months due to the economy, I decided to accept the full time position.

There was a very negative outcome due to the fact that I took the full time position as it caused hostility among co-workers. There was a major change up in management as well and after working for 3 months my new manager had told me to act as if I had been full time for a couple years. The manager then continued to point out the fact that no one has ever been hired full time, only part time and working their way to full time.

Had I known that being hired full time would have had such a negative impact in my work environment, I would have accepted part time, or would have tried to keep looking for another job altogether.

Interview Questions

• When the economy picks back up, what's stopping you from leaving?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Behavioural questions "tell me about yourself" and such. Wanted to hear about past sales experience. All very standard, lasted 30 mins. Interviewed by two managers over the phone, although they would have preferred for me to come in person.