Roblox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roblox Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2017

3.1

Product Management Interview

Interview

I found the interview process to be disorganized and a couple of the interviewers to exhibit a lack of maturity. The questions were tactical and the selection of the panel reinforced a consensus driven culture. They seemed to focus on making sure they didn't miss a single person who could offer a conceivable no down the line and crammed as many as 9 people in the interview loop.

The interview process consists of a presentation to a panel of peers with time for Q&A. You get to share a past project that you worked on or share something pertinent to the area you will be working on. This is followed by individual interviews that dive deep into some of these areas.

There were 2 red flags for me. I had a highly combative interviewer who seemed more focused on proving himself right than in engaging in any kind of dialog or discussion.
    The second red flag was the divergent responses from different team members on the importance of data driven culture and what could be better about the ways they worked together.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

There are about 4-5 rounds in this interview process:

1. Phone screen (15 min) — I had a phone screen with Grace, the technical recruiter, in which she gave me an introduction of the company, spoke briefly about the entire interview process, and asked me a few general questions including a walkthrough on a case study. After the screen, within the same day, she contacted me back with a design challenge.

2. Design challenge (1 week to complete) — I did the challenge within one week, emailed it to Grace, and she forwarded it to the senior designer. Evaluation took 1-2 days. Grace then scheduled an interview for me and the senior designer.

3. Phone interview with hiring manager/senior designer (15 min+) — The senior designer asked me to briefly explain the design challenge solution, then asked some questions regarding the deliverables/process.

4. Onsite?

5. Interview with CEO?

Unfortunately, I didn't pass the 3rd round, but overall the interview process was quite fair. The design challenge definitely took some time and effort to complete, but I see it as their way of evaluating how much you want the job, how good your skills are, and a preview of your design process.

I'd also like to mention that Grace was very friendly. She's very responsive to emails! I highly recommend working with her. :)

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

The interview process was disrespectful and rude, a huge waste of my time. Pay ATTENTION when receiving their design challenge. Three other designer friends of mine shared the same bad experience.

1. Do you want to do a design challenge just to qualify yourself to speak with the hiring manager? To Roblox, the only purpose of making you do a challenge is to check if you're worthy of the hiring manager's time. Once they received your solution, they wouldn't bother to mention your efforts. Like all the candidates, I received a design challenge after the recruiter call. After days of hard work, all I got was just a call with hiring manager. After that, this person rejected me for a subjective reason.

2. The conversation was rude, negative and off-the-point. The hiring manager showed no interest in knowing my skills. I was asked personal and non-design relevant questions half the call. The hire manager was late and hurry through the call, and had no patience to answer my question.

Through the process, the hiring managers treated themselves as a much more important person. They did not show respect to the candidate. I have no regret that I did not move forward, but I deeply regret that I invest my time in them.

Web Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roblox (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview appointment was made for 15 minutes. General behavioral questions were asked, and I had to walk through my resume and describe my past internship experiences. Now I have to take an online coding test, and coding with one of their engineers.

Interview Questions

• What role did you take in your previous internship? What was the best aspect you've learned from this experience?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roblox (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to Job position through Indeed site.
    Grace Lee from HR got back to me withing 2-3 days of application and scheduled call with her for initial discussion. We had good discussion around my experience, availability, about Roblox, open position etc. Once I was comfortable with open position and matching my skillet with job, she sheduled next round of discussions.

I have couple of telephonic interview, one with Director of Data Ops and second with Director of Web Infrastructure, focusing mainly on my database concept, automation etc.

One very positive thing to note here was, I was provided with interviewer profile information and linked links for their profile. This helped me to level set with interviewer.

After both interviews went well, I was invited for one day onsite interview from 11 AM to 4:30 PM (They arrange for hotel, flight etc, if you are not in state). Day was well scheduled, where I met with people from different towers like, database, network, web etc. I did not expect this, but made sense as this is small company and teams work very closely with each other.

Met onsite DB team folks, had discussion around, my work experinece, what Roblox had to offer for me, ongoing and upcoming projects, what is expected of me etc.
    Met very intersting people from different technology tower and had nice conversions. I had nice lunch discussiono with Director of Data Ops.

One of the session was for problem solving approch (whiteboard), where I was given few problems like, reversing the array and asked for solution. In this metting/session approch was more important than reaching quick solution. Hint: dont assume, ask question, think about all solution and their implementaion outcome foe e.g. size of array in this case

I was given offer in couple of days and I accepted it :)

Interview Questions

• Q: Telephonic interview will be domain specific and its important for you to have hand on
      Q: There will be lot scenario based questions   Answer Question

Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Asking basic information through the phone, why do you apply that position, do you played their games or editor, what kind of knowledge do you have. Two technical questions online within two hours.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

By far the best recruiting process I have been through from start to end. Grace took great care of me and was very informative and helpful. Always available for questions advice. Grace also has a great sense of humor that can help take off some of the anxiety of going through the hiring process.

Jason who help me with the schedules were very prompt and flexible. Just an awesome team and awesome company!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox.

Interview

Had interview with recruiter and then hiring manager. Excel test after interviewing with hiring manager. Their recruiter Grace Lee is very responsive and genuine. I feel pleasant throughout the process.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process from the time I received the first communication to the time I received the offer was very quick (2 weeks). I did let the recruiter know that I was in the final stages of interviewing with other companies.
    The recruiter was very good at keeping me in the loop throughout the entire process. The one thing they can improve on is regarding a contact number. As I didn't have a contact number, I was not able to call the recruiter when I was trying to find the door for the onsite interview.
    Other than that, the interview process was very pleasant. The onsite interview lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a solution to help employees remember to clock in after lunch so they don't lose their pay.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox.

Interview

Started with HR phone call, and then programming on a shared screen with the interviewer. Had another call after passing the phone screen during which I was asked about previous projects.

Interview Questions

• Merge 2 sorted lists, and then merge n sorted lists   2 Answers