Roblox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roblox Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

UX Designer Interview

Interview

They asked me to do a design exercise based on their current product in their initial contact with me. As it's an existing product of theirs, it's like asking people to do free design work for them, which is not cool anyway. Plus, it was before any conversation, not even an recruiter screening. IMO, it's very unprofessional, with no respect to candidates' work.

Also, I think the design exercise itself is not well designed, lacking some basic info to work on the challenge. And because it was passed on by the recruiter, not anyone from the design team, it was hard to communicate and clarify.

Interview Questions

• Design certain feature for the current product, and present as hi-fi results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process is similar to how others described: UX test, phone interview, on-site interview. The people are friendly enough, the recruiter is friendly, but I'm surprised at the extreme level of positive responses to her on Glassdoor (in my opinion, she was just doing her job, not necessarily better or worse than other recruiters I've worked with).

The on-site was actually pretty off-putting. The interviewers are either distracted or just difficult to communicate with. I think a lot of preference is placed on internal referrals, which is typical and expected I suppose.

After all of this, I was told I don't have enough experience, which you'd think you'd be able to straight from my resume/phone screening. The experience was okay, no more no less. But unfortunately, at the end of the day, it felt like a waste of time rather than a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk through UX test, walk through one of your previous projects   Answer Question

Head of Educational Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was the best I have experienced! Chantal is super helpful and efficient. She gave me feedback and kept me in the loop during the entire process. Everyone in the company is super nice and smart.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Interview

They spammed me multiple times for a position. After I told them my skillset they said another recruiter will call me but never did.

Then the recruiter keeps mentioning her boss's name and accused me of applying to many roles. But I never applied before.

They are liars and they keep contradicting themselves.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roblox.

Interview

I applied for the role of Product Manager in March 2017.

The same day, the recruiter reached out to me and asked for my availability. I promptly responded with my available interview times. An hour later, I received an email that said that my resume was presented to the hiring manager earlier and "he didn't think I was fit for the role."

I do not mind outright rejections, but why bother jumping the gun to reach out to me, if you haven't even bothered confirming with the hiring manager about my application?

I'm sure Roblox is a great company to work for, but their recruiters and hiring process is awful and tarnishes their reputation otherwise. I was hesitant about applying, especially with their low Glassdoor score, but now I have confirmation after sharing similar negative experiences as those other reviewers.

User Experience Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roblox.

Interview

Horrible! Got an email from Roblox that asked for my interest level and phone-call availability for a high-level position. I scheduled and Roblox had to reschedule since this person's manger had a conflict. I gave this person my available times for a call and they proceeded to schedule me exactly when I said I wasn't available.

At this point I started to get suspicious as to the competence of the scheduler.

We worked it out and I got the call. "Roblox" asked me how I was doing after the layoffs. I wasn't laid off, and turns out this person confused me with someone else who was interested in this very high profile position. Seriously. The call was a complete waste of time and took less than five minutes before they said that my resume looked great and they'd send to their manager to review and bring me in for an interview.

I then get an email from Roblox saying the person who reviews resumes looked at my resume and said no. I laughed as I'm overqualified for the role and asked them why. They said the "reviewer" said my experience was all "Art" based when it was certainly not all art based, and even so, the art based positions directly correlated to the open position. It was ludicrous. It was a 1:1 mapping, and my experience could not be more relevant to this open position.

I say this without ego. I've hired many people in my career and this blew me away. I'd see this as a perfect candidate, and AT LEAST enough for a 1/2 hour phone call, but NO. The "reviewer" completely disregarded my resume. Hilarious.

CLEARLY the resume reviewer doesn't have a clue about this industry. No wonder this job has been posted for a very, very long time. You can tell by looking at their game that this position is duly needed yet they can't even pull in qualified candidates.

What a joke.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter: How are you doing after the <company here> layoffs?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone and in-person interviews spanning 1-2 months. The role is still pending, but my experience has been very positive so far. Everyone has been very professional, friendly, and open.

Interview Questions

• I was given a take-home project with instructions on a high-level problem to solve.   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After the initial Recruiter call, a design test passed it out to me which I should of said No on the spot. They asked to create a social networking app from scratch to the final look in high-fi. Sounds impossible to complete within a week long frame which requires to combine both UX and UI work progress. I did it anyway only because I just started my job search. After one week, they emailed me that they are not going to move forward with me and responded fee words as feedback of my design test. Totally waste of time and whoever made up the test is completely being unreasonable, inconsiderate and inexperienced. I warm everybody to step away from this company, at least the design team. I should of read Glassdoor which I found out later that someone else also has similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Complete an App Design test   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roblox.

Interview

Best interview experience ever! Grace Lee is super nice and efficient, always keep me in loop and help me prepare the interview! Thank you so much, Grace Lee , Andrea Vinkler for providing such a great interview experience. Everyone in this company looks energetic and happy, big thumb up!

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roblox.

Interview

Asked to do design challenge to solve a problem for their mobile app. Unless you're desperate to find any job, don't invest a lot of time trying to solve design problem for a company. If they know what they're doing, they wouldn't ask for it during hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Can you redesign the particular part of our current app and submit work of process along with final high fidelity visual comps?   Answer Question