Roblox Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 361 of over 361 interviews

Employee Referral10%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA)

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Phone screen w Recruiter. Karat interview (approx 2 questions). Talk with one of the team managers. Onsite interview (2 system design, 2 technical). Executive interview (4 rounds).

Interview Questions
  • Explain a design decision from one of your projects.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Roblox

Application

I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

This was a fairly standard interview process. Algorithm questions, behavioral questions, system design questions. Nice people and seems like a good place to work. Didn't end up accepting. But was a good interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Roblox

Application

I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

Asked me to come up with 3 project ideas within 48 hrs as an assignment. didn't hear back for a month. there was no email to ask questions. i dont eventhink they looked at the assignment they sked me to submit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Roblox

Application

I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

Interview process took a long time. It started with a phone interview with an engineer. I got moved on to the on-site where I had 4 interview. 2 tech 2 beh.

Interview Questions
  • Grid jumping path. Normal beh questions. Past projects and success indicators.

Roblox

Application

I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

HR email - Ghosted - Karat interview - Ghosted - HM call - Ghosted - Email after 1 month that we are looking into the team match - Ghosted. One of the worst experience I ever had in interview. They clearly tell you that they don't give a damn. I am surely not joining this company ever and wouldn't recommend because of the attitude problem.

Interview Questions
  • NDA. Don't waste your time interviewing them. They don't know how to treat.

Roblox

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

hr: phone call, briefly introduce the company, basic information, communicating time, simple questions on past experiences, produce sense, introduce the intern role hiring manager: based on past experiences, product sense & design, ask questions VPs

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Roblox

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

First step was a phone call with the recruiter. They were very friendly, helpful, and professional, and I had a good time talking to them. After this first phone call, I had a positive impression of Roblox and the company culture, which made me excited to move forward with the hiring process. Second step was an interview with the hiring manager. This was a lot different than what I originally expected, based on the phone call with the recruiter. This second interview overall was a negative experience for me as a prospective candidate. The interview was shorter than I expected because the interviewer arrived late to the Zoom meeting. I was pressed for time when answering questions due to the limited time remaining; the interviewer also interrupted me/cut me off once, wanting to move on because there was not enough time for them to listen to my full response. Also, it seemed clear that the interviewer had already made up their mind beforehand that I wouldn’t be able to do well in this role. The conversation shifted from an interview about my work experience to trying to defend my capabilities as a technical writer to the hiring manager, who repeatedly communicated that I was unfit for the position. I would like to emphasize that my negative experience was not related to not being selected to move forward in the interview process; I understand I was not the right candidate for them and their needs. Rather, my negative experience stemmed from how the interview was conducted. I am writing this review to provide constructive feedback in hopes of helping other candidates who might have been in my shoes. It would be beneficial if the interviewer worked on providing feedback to candidates with more empathy and in a more professional manner. It could also be useful to make it clearer what type of technical writer they are looking for: If they are prioritizing looking for technical writers who have programmer-level expertise, that should probably be listed in the job posting. This would benefit the hiring manager and the prospective candidates in the long run because expectations for the role are set from the very beginning.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Describe something technical. 2) Talk about a time you wrote documentation and explain your thought process.
3 people found this interview helpful

Roblox

Application

I interviewed at Roblox

Interview

It included a 90 min technical interview. The next stages of the process were unclear. It also involved a questionnaire to be filled out and submitted before or after the technical interview

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Jose, CA) in May 2021

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and had 2 interviews with the hiring manager and a coding interview with one of the engineers. I had a positive first interview and almost perfect coding interview (even running the code with various test cases) but for some reason that I don't understand I was rejected!

Interview Questions
  • First interview was about resume questions and some general networking and coding questions. Second one was an average LC coding questions!

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in May 2021

Interview

Phone interview then a full day of virtual panel interviews with several members of the team. Included a lot of STAR type questions. The company culture definitely comes through in the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Roblox

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Roblox in May 2021

Interview

I had a Phone Screen with the Sourcing Director. I then had a Panel Interview with VP Talent, Sourcing Manager, Sourcing Director, and Sr Recruiting Director. Finally, I talked to the Chief Business Officer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 361 Interviews